Tazer JL - 3rd brake light pulse feature

GregorioJL

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Thanks for sharing - Yes, I read earlier today about the emergency vs daily driver aspect of this function on some vehicles and that I believe it is factory installed in some upper end brands only as an emergency function. Maybe this is what Virginia is allowing/referring to? Again, this is 20 minutes of Google researching, so I am not an expert, merely a novice trying to understand more.
Yeah this will vary by state. PA has some strict lighting laws. I think if you have LED lights they have to be covered. I don't think they allow most lighting mods.

Friday2322

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLUR
Typically laws on mods like that are only enforced in the state where you register your car.. for example, window tint... It can't be lower than 35% here, if I drive to another state and their law says it can't be under 40%, they can't stop me or write a ticket for violating their law.

Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Typically laws on mods like that are only enforced in the state where you register your car.. for example, window tint... It can't be lower than 35% here, if I drive to another state and their law says it can't be under 40%, they can't stop me or write a ticket for violating their law.
That’s not how that works. I can legally carry a broadsword on one hip, my favorite 9mm pistol on the other, and an AR slung over my shoulder and walk around legally most places here in TX. If I step out into the street like that in NYC I will be murdered immediately by the police there. In the case that the police don’t gun me down because they’re in fear for their lives, I will be arrested and charged with weapons felonies. It doesn’t matter that I’m from Texas and just visiting. In New York I have to comply with New York laws.

Cougar8000

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU 4door
Glad I found this thread. Just updated software and activated blinking light

thank you gang

Cougar8000

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU 4door
That’s not how that works. I can legally carry a broadsword on one hip, my favorite 9mm pistol on the other, and an AR slung over my shoulder and walk around legally most places here in TX. If I step out into the street like that in NYC I will be murdered immediately by the police there. In the case that the police don’t gun me down because they’re in fear for their lives, I will be arrested and charged with weapons felonies. It doesn’t matter that I’m from Texas and just visiting. In New York I have to comply with New York laws.
Not quiet brother. Gun laws are not the same as all car laws. For instance IN and WI allow front doors tinted windows and people from other states driving in IL would not be ticked, yet until recently IL drivers were getting ticketed for same tint

as for NY, I agree with you. It is a shit hole as far as gun laws and They have made many good people criminals, but that is another topic all together over camp fire

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Not quiet brother. Gun laws are not the same as all car laws. For instance IN and WI allow front doors tinted windows and people from other states driving in IL would not be ticked, yet until recently IL drivers were getting ticketed for same tint

as for NY, I agree with you. It is a shit hole as far as gun laws and They have made many good people criminals, but that is another topic all together over camp fire
You’re mostly right. With vehicle laws sometimes you can be compliant in your home state and illegal in another and it won’t be a problem. And sometimes not. For example Texas requires front and rear plates and Louisiana only requires rear. Doubtful a Louisiana driver will be ticketed here. But I can attest that Louisiana drivers have been stopped allegedly for no front plate and the officer takes the opportunity to search the vehicle for contraband or find something else to cite or arrest them for. I’ve heard of out of state drivers receiving window tint citations in states that don’t allow dark tint.

But back on topic: since this is a live Tazer feature it could be changed back to a solid brake light within seconds if you were stopped. Then ask him “what flashing light are you talking about?”

Cougar8000

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU 4door
Can’t change your mind or your experiences.
What I would highly suggest is no one do what you are suggesting by changing settings and say what you suggested

most cruisers have video recording that is activated and records before lights are turned on.
Such recording would have that blinking light and now that would put a driver into a bigger problem for lying to a cop

how is that going to look?

Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Can’t change your mind or your experiences.
What I would highly suggest is no one do what you are suggesting by changing settings and say what you suggested

most cruisers have video recording that is activated and records before lights are turned on.
Such recording would have that blinking light and now that would put a driver into a bigger problem for lying to a cop

how is that going to look?
Intermittent issue. Now resolved. Hopefully they won’t turn the camera off before he goes back to check and see that it’s solid now. Ghost in the machine? A short that worked itself out? Who knows?

Friday2322

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLUR
You are comparing apples and oranges. I'm talking about traffic law and you are talking about criminal law.... And you are right about open carry being legal in some states and not others and you have to comply with local laws. Traffic law, specifically aftermarket additions are a completely different animal.
As far as your analogy about being shot don't do stupid shit and you won't get shot 99.999% of the time.. but this is a Jeep forum not a political one.

Friday2322

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLUR
You’re mostly right. With vehicle laws sometimes you can be compliant in your home state and illegal in another and it won’t be a problem. And sometimes not. For example Texas requires front and rear plates and Louisiana only requires rear. Doubtful a Louisiana driver will be ticketed here. But I can attest that Louisiana drivers have been stopped allegedly for no front plate and the officer takes the opportunity to search the vehicle for contraband or find something else to cite or arrest them for. I’ve heard of out of state drivers receiving window tint citations in states that don’t allow dark tint.

But back on topic: since this is a live Tazer feature it could be changed back to a solid brake light within seconds if you were stopped. Then ask him “what flashing light are you talking about?”
The supreme court ruled several years ago officers in single tag states could stop cars from dual tag states if they weren't displayed properly but I believe they could not cite them.. there was something weird in the ruling like that. I assure you that in kansas an officer cannot cite a car registered out of state for local window tint laws.

Last edited:

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
The supreme court ruled several years ago officers in single tag states could stop cars from dual tag states if they weren't displayed properly but I believe they could not cute them.. there was something weird in the ruling like that. I assure you that in kansas an officer cannot cite a car registered out of state for local window tint laws.
Even if they could, it would be very bad for tourism. Can you imagine how dumb a two plate tourist state would be to ticket folks from 1 plate states? I just don't think anyone's going to nitpick these tail lights unless folks above the rank of street cop want to target them for some reason.

Cougar8000

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU 4door
Even if they could, it would be very bad for tourism. Can you imagine how dumb a two plate tourist state would be to ticket folks from 1 plate states? I just don't think anyone's going to nitpick these tail lights unless folks above the rank of street cop want to target them for some reason.
Most of these petty stuff is used as add on for people who play stupid games

be polite, be respectful
Sponsored