Tazer JL 11.2.6 beta 5 released

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Joe @ ZAutomotive, posted this on Facebook today... 2/26/21 at about 2 pm EST

"Tazer owners:
I know I posted a week or two ago about 11.2.6 beta 1 and beta 3 firmwares... brought a handful of new features. Today I’m announcing firmware 11.2.6 beta 5 (likely the last) for your consumption.
Major changes in the “TurnCam” function that corrects the issues people have had with the 5 and 7 inch radios. Go ahead and download it. Let me know how it’s working.
The TurnCam menu isn’t just on and off now - it’s Off, 5/7 or 8.4.
I made changes to some of the new features as well as I make the final tweaks before release. It should be working very well at this point."

Get the beta here:
https://www.zautomotive.com/tazer-jl-updates/

Jeep Wrangler JL Tazer JL 11.2.6 beta 5 released 153241280_10224858516428792_1077184472308684725_n
Sponsored

631_Islander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon with 8 speed and 3.6L Pentastar without eTorque
Joe @ ZAutomotive, posted this on Facebook today... 2/26/21 at about 2 pm EST

"Tazer owners:
I know I posted a week or two ago about 11.2.6 beta 1 and beta 3 firmwares... brought a handful of new features. Today I’m announcing firmware 11.2.6 beta 5 (likely the last) for your consumption.
Major changes in the “TurnCam” function that corrects the issues people have had with the 5 and 7 inch radios. Go ahead and download it. Let me know how it’s working.
The TurnCam menu isn’t just on and off now - it’s Off, 5/7 or 8.4.
I made changes to some of the new features as well as I make the final tweaks before release. It should be working very well at this point."

Get the beta here:
https://www.zautomotive.com/tazer-jl-updates/

Jeep Wrangler JL Tazer JL 11.2.6 beta 5 released 153241280_10224858516428792_1077184472308684725_n
I’d be concerned about an idiot driver improperly using the Brake Hold feature...

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
About unmarrying the Tazer JL before you do a firmware update on it. Joe used to just say unmarry before a firmware update of the Tazer JL but today, 2/26/21 said this..

Jeep Wrangler JL Tazer JL 11.2.6 beta 5 released unmarry.JPG

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
I just did the update and I’m not seeing the turnCAM anymore. Am I just missing it? What menu is it in? I thought I went through all of them.

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
Disregard my last. I just remembered those features only come up when the jeep is running. I’ll do that the next time I’m in the jeep running around.

Thanks for the heads up on the update. I need to get on the Facebook page.

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Disregard my last. I just remembered those features only come up when the jeep is running. I’ll do that the next time I’m in the jeep running around.

Thanks for the heads up on the update. I need to get on the Facebook page.
@MadDog27

Was just going to reply to tell you start your JL....

Joe posts.. is somewhat active at Facebook.... group
Jeep Wrangler JL Owners 2018+

Caveat: Be sure not to leave Nav in Motion, ON..

IF, if you leave Nav in Motion on, you risk coming out to your JL in the morning and finding your battery(s) is dead.. Leave it on and there is a chance that UConnect could start rebooting during the night and run down he battery... also radio might reboot at start-up... (been there done that, got the t shirt)

Don't fear using Nav in Motion as it is nice to have.. Use it while driving/on your trip but do be sure to turn off when you get to your destination and before you turn-off / park the JL.

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
@MadDog27

Was just going to reply to tell you start your JL....

Joe posts.. is somewhat active at Facebook.... group
Jeep Wrangler JL Owners 2018+

Caveat: Be sure not to leave Nav in Motion, ON..

IF, if you leave Nav in Motion on, you risk coming out to your JL in the morning and finding your battery(s) is dead.. Leave it on and there is a chance that UConnect could start rebooting during the night and run down he battery... also radio might reboot at start-up... (been there done that, got the t shirt)

Don't fear using Nav in Motion as it is nice to have.. Use it while driving/on your trip but do be sure to turn off when you get to your destination and before you turn-off / park the JL.
Thanks for the heads up! I haven’t turned that on but I’ll keep that in mind on trips. Will come in handy then for sure.

Sponsored

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder if the brake hold feature can be disabled.
The first option once the jeep is running is brake hold on/off so, yes you can disable the feature.

I was just trying to use it and it didn’t hold for me. Granted I only tried it once. I’ll give it another go next time I’m out.

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How did I not know this!!! Thank you. I have set this feature on, and left it on. Explains why I have to keep a tender on the jeep.
@Redbaron73

Indeed, Nav in Motion, if you leave it ON and then park your JL/JT for a few hours, can cause an issue...

Don't take ot to the bank though that just turning off Nav In Motion will relieve you of "tender" use...

Reality is, just sitting there... no Tazer JL ... just stock, the JL/JT has ongoing parasitic draw at a level that will see the battery(2) depleted in failry short order if the vehicle is not driven quite a bit..

Even in the 2019-2021 owner's manual, you will see fCA, saying disconnect both batteries if the JL/JT is to sit for x number of days... Wonder why they say this... :facepalm:

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited
I recently purchased a Tazer JL MIni... I didn't do beta, but I want to download the beta... how do I dl beta version? Not giving me the option in the programming utility.

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I recently purchased a Tazer JL MIni... I didn't do beta, but I want to download the beta... how do I dl beta version? Not giving me the option in the programming utility.
@Midlife.Crisler

The ZPU utility program you use when working with ZAutomotive firmware, will reach out / does reach out and get the current final release firmware, automatically... NOT so in regard to a/any beta.

In regard to the beta.... DO download the beta you find at ZAutomotive's website, to a folder on your laptop... then point the ZPU utility program (manual mode) to the Beta in your folder and let it load the firmware on to the unmarried Tazer JL Mini.

DON'T be in a rush... you want to be 110% sure that the firmware is loaded (finished working) to the Tazer JL Mini, before you disconnect the Tazer JL Mini.
Sponsored