Sponsored

Tazer JL 11.07 LAST CALL - LAST CALL !!

butcho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Finally something concrete for me to look at! Thank you!!

Ok, please tell me as much about your Jeep as possible and what settings you changed after marrying and if you used any of the live features or have any enabled, if you have the 7” or 8.4, manual or auto, etc.

Of course it doesn’t do this on my Jeep... but I can mess with my co fit to make it more like yours to hopefully replicate this. Just picked up a 7” radio the other day, too, so I can even pop that in if needed.
Hey. I have a Sport S with a 3.6L, Auto, 7 inch radio (w/ alpine). I bought the Lite from you a bit ago with 11.0.6 on it and changed only the tire size to 35" and the TPMS alert threshhold to 28 psi and that's been working well.

I knew I was adding OEM LED (non-steel bumper) fog lights and I heard that 11.0.7 beta had a setting to enable that so Saturday night, I unmarried the Tazer, and removed it from the vehicle. I first upgraded first from the Lite to the full-feature JL, and then flashed it to 11.0.7.

I reinstalled it to the vehicle, married it, and set the tire size to 35" and TPMS back to 28 psi.

Sunday morning, I enabled turncam, and I may have inadvertently turned on winch mode a few times. I installed a new bumper, the new LED fogs, and a winch. I turned off turncam because it was causing a problem with navigating via carplay+ and listening to satellite radio this post.

Then Sunday night, I enabled LED Fog: Yes and that took care of the LED fog light flickering.

Then Monday morning, I saw my ESS disabled because the battery charging which was unusual. Then tonight, I noticed the computer (rebooting in a loop?)
Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
@joe@zauto I don’t have 11.07 and have only been running 11.06 and also have the 3.7 JL auto with 7 “ Uconnect basic stereo, as I have described my battery crapped out and was replaced by the dealer, as far a Tazer settings I had the following set and shortly after that I noticed the voltage slowly creeping up to over 14 and once I removed the Tazer ESS advised not available battery charging so I had it checked by the dealer and they found the battery was bad and replaced it.

Currently I don’t have it installed and all works as it did when I first got my JL, I did have screen freeze up a few times but not after removing the Tazer and it never went into a reboot cycle

Settings before removing:

Tazer 11.06

ESS off
AP off
Tire size and tpms limits changed
Fog light drop set to stay on
Turncam was on but buggy
Seat belt ding off

joe@zauto

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler rubicon unlimited
Perhaps the 7” radio is the common thread here - there were a few of you with this issue, anyone else? Please also specify trim level as 11.0.6 and 11.0.7 do a lot with the sway bar and lockers, and I’m wondering if the lack of that hardware is mistakenly triggering one of those functions. Mine is a rubicon.

butcho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Perhaps the 7” radio is the common thread here - there were a few of you with this issue, anyone else? Please also specify trim level as 11.0.6 and 11.0.7 do a lot with the sway bar and lockers, and I’m wondering if the lack of that hardware is mistakenly triggering one of those functions. Mine is a rubicon.
Let me know if you need any more troubleshooting info.

I was going to unmarry it, flash back to 11.07, set my tire size, tpms, and led fog, avoid making any more changes and see if it starts happening again.

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I had the same issue with bad batteries that was stopping my ess from working. At the time I was on 11.0.3. After getting new batteries, I've been running 11.0.6 for a month without problems. Two days ago I installed 11.0.7 and this morning my battery was completely dead and I was unable to start the jeep without a jump from another vehicle. I promptly unmarried my tazer(no idea if that caused it) and after driving for an hour, the batteries were charged up enough so that ess started working again.
oh and I have the 8.4 unconnect jkur.

Funny thing was this morning when I pressed the start button, it went to 'run' mode but wouldn't turn over. Everything started flashing and pressing the start button again wouldn't wouldn't do anything. It was stuck in 'start' mode.

(Note: This video is with the battery dead and I tried to start the vehicle, nothing was flashing prior to this)

Last edited:

Sponsored

joe@zauto

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler rubicon unlimited
Ok, 8.4. Rubicon? I’m grasping for something in common here. Perhaps none of the Jeeps with this issue are rubicons?
I have been trying all evening to get mine to stay on, but it shuts down just fine every time.

jlsahara

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
It seems like each one messed with the LED fog light settings. I’m assuming that’s a new feature right?

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I’m wondering if anyone has say just changed settings on the vehicle side then unplugged the Tazer if you have had issues, my thinking is maybe the Tazer is not going to sleep all the time and there is some type of parasitic power draw that is causing battery issues.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
@joe@zauto here is maybe a template we can use to track what is going on, guys can just copy and paste and add or change to what they are running

Make: Jeep
Model: Sahara
Trim: JLU
Engine: 3.6
Trans: Auto
Radio: Uconnect 4 with 7” screen
Tazer Unit: Tazer JL
Firmware Rev: 11.06
Tazer settings:
ESS off
AP off
TPMS limits changed
Tire size changed
Fog light drop off
Seatbelt ding off

All other settings not changed, currently I have my Tazer removed and have had no issues with erratic behavior like dead battery, rebooting Uconnect etc ...

butcho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
@WranglerMan can you actually change whatever you want with the tazer and then completely remove it (gateway module and all) and have the setting stay?

Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
@WranglerMan can you actually change whatever you want with the tazer and then completely remove it (gateway module and all) and have the setting stay?
The only settings that stay with the unit removed are the vehicle settings, for all live settings the Tazer has to stay plugged into the OBDII port, it’s this way for the Tazer JL not sure on the Tazer lite or Mini but my guess is the same

butcho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
The only settings that stay with the unit removed are the vehicle settings, for all live settings the Tazer has to stay plugged into the OBDII port, it’s this way for the Tazer JL not sure on the Tazer lite or Mini but my guess is the same
See this is the super confusing part. There are now three versions of the Tazer JL and two of them don't require the OBDII module.

I have the Lite upgraded to the full JL which is the bypass module only.

What I want to do is

1. Unmarry
2. Flash to 11.07
3. Marry
4. Set Tire Size, TPMS threshold, and LED FOGs
5. Remove the bypass module without unmarrying (plugging the wires back into the vehicle)
6. Have these settings retained without all the bugs currently happening with the Tazer firmware and blowing up the battery

I care nothing for the live features. If I want to change a setting, I just plug the bypass module back in, make the change, then remove it again all without unmarrying, remarrying.

This possible?

LoganDzwon

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I have a big trip planned the 28th. If I upgrade to the beta today and have problems can I downgrade?

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
See this is the super confusing part. There are now three versions of the Tazer JL and two of them don't require the OBDII module.

I have the Lite upgraded to the full JL which is the bypass module only.

What I want to do is

1. Unmarry
2. Flash to 11.07
3. Marry
4. Set Tire Size, TPMS threshold, and LED FOGs
5. Remove the bypass module without unmarrying (plugging the wires back into the vehicle)
6. Have these settings retained without all the bugs currently happening with the Tazer firmware and blowing up the battery

I care nothing for the live features. If I want to change a setting, I just plug the bypass module back in, make the change, then remove it again all without unmarrying, remarrying.

This possible?
Since you care nothing about the live features that the Tazer has to offer I would think regardless of which one you have after you make your vehicle setting changes you could remove it without doing the unmarry as this would put it back to stock and then just put it away in the house or wherever you choose to store it but you may want to reach out to Joe and see what he says

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I have a big trip planned the 28th. If I upgrade to the beta today and have problems can I downgrade?
I personally would not upgrade to 11.07 before taking a road trip, several had reported possible issues so no need to take a chance, but if you choose to do so you can down grade you will just need the cable and laptop along with the revision you are wanting to go down to
Sponsored