DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
i'm a noob with high speed stuff. but what are the ramifications of the swaybar being unlinked when driving above 25 mph? Serious question as I want to know.
Ahh, I see. Well, IdIprobably use it only on straight sections of trail where I might hit 30 or 35 and don't want to keep having to disconnect it again and again, if that's what it does.

I also wonder if it does it in 2wd?

Drbill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tt
LED options ... Are LED fog now selectable for us sport guys who picked up Rubi bumper/LED fogs?

I didn’t see in above link and I don’t have a Tazer mini ... yet.

Thx.
The factory led fog lights on steel bumper will now work without flashing after they are set as leds

Sponsored

Alanscott1

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Occupation
A&P Mechanic
i'm a noob with high speed stuff. but what are the ramifications of the swaybar being unlinked when driving above 25 mph? Serious question as I want to know.
A lot more body roll and swaying on road. Front suspension will ride a bit nicer. It's useful offroad, just don't go chucking the jeep into the corners.

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Bearman95

Curious, what features are you actually using?

b1er

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubicon, '18 JL Sport, 1980 El Camino, 1969 Olds 442
Just got back from a 100 mile drive, the turn camera got stuck on once and didn't activate once but other than that, everything I had set up still functions as it did before the update... I didn't set up the hood alarm or deactivate the panic button so I can't report on that yet... I may try it tomorrow if it'll stop raining...

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@b1er

The Turn Cam not turning off, automatically once in a while is a known hiccup with 11.0.6 and why many don't routinely use the feature. I still use the Turn Cam when towing a trailer, otherwise pass on it.

Yes, if you can, test and let me know about panic button and hood alarm thing. I believe I already know the answer but... 8-)

Sponsored

Bearman95

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
@Bearman95

Curious, what features are you actually using?[/QUOTE
@Bearman95

Curious, what features are you actually using?
I corrected my speedometer for the 315 70-17 tires, lowered the tire pressure to 25 before the Warning comes on and I use it to keep the stop start thing from coming on. That’s all I wanted it for. 11.03 works great for that, I am well satisfied with my Taser. I have never bothered about updating it since I bought it because it does everything that I want to do. It was worth the price just to do away with the stop start, LOL.

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Bearman95

I hear ya... But do know in regard to the Stop Start disable, with firmware 11.0.3 the timing in regard to that feature is not what the same as it with 11.06 and 11.0.7.

With firmware11.0.3, the Stop Start feature, will hiccup lets say. You will occasionally see Stop Start suddenly be enabled when you have it disabled.

Anyway, Joe changed the timing I guess you call it, so the Stop Start , feature never hiccups if you are running either 11.0.6 or 11.0.7

In closing, once 11.0.7 final is released, you may want to move to firmware 11.0.7. I know I will be... especially since the hood alarm enable is offered with 11.0.7.

Bearman95

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
@Bearman95

I hear ya... But do know in regard to the Stop Start disable, with firmware 11.0.3 the timing in regard to that feature is not what the same as it with 11.06 and 11.0.7.

With firmware11.0.3, the Stop Start feature, will hiccup lets say. You will occasionally see Stop Start suddenly be enabled when you have it disabled.

Anyway, Joe changed the timing I guess you call it, so the Stop Start , feature never hiccups if you are running either 11.0.6 or 11.0.7

In closing, once 11.0.7 final is released, you may want to move to firmware 11.0.7. I know I will be... especially since the hood alarm enable is offered with 11.0.7. OK thanks for the tips, I will keep them in mind!

mortimer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Will try it out tomorrow.

@joe@zauto let met know if you have feedback on other PMs please.

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I played around with the beta firmware today. Here are some things of note: (remember it is beta)
  • I lost my cargo cam. I went back into the tazer to check and I definitely have the cargo cam enabled.
  • Unlocking the rear diff in 2wd or 4h seems to take a bit longer than when it is in 4L. Not a deal breaker imo.
  • You have to be at a complete stop to engage lockers in 2hi or 4h. I think this is a good thing.
  • When i disconnect the sway bar I would like it to stay disconnected at any speed at least in 4h and 4L. Right now it will reconnect over 30mph and stay that way even if I drop speed below 30mph.
Edit: I didn’t try the swaybar disconnect at any speed in 4hi. I just assumed it will work like 2wd. I’ll have to try that tomorrow.
Sponsored