First Name
Elliott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
@Cody6597

You have firmware 11.0.6. I have attached the User Guide for firmware 11.0.6.

Take a few minutes to read the manual .. Check you settings.
I appreciate this but it doesn’t address my question. I don’t see any mention of back up sensors.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I appreciate this but it doesn’t address my question. I don’t see any mention of back up sensors.
@Cody6597

Suggest you read the User Guide and learn how to use the programmer.

If you still have issues reach out to ZAutomotive.

joe@zauto

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler rubicon unlimited
Anyone had an issue with rear sensors being disabled? I just upgraded my lite to full and now they are off.
11.0.6 doesn’t even have the ability to turn off the sensors, so it’s not that it killed them.

But if you changed any settings and did a full reboot, it could be that the radio setting for park assist has the chime turned off, or something simple like that.
Take a look at the connect settings, make sure the button on the dash is working. If all else fails, you could always unmarry and marry again to return all settings to stock to rule out the tazer as a contributor.

Also, after a full reboot, keep in mind it takes 2 sleep/wake cycles before anything related to the radio goes back to normal. It’s jist how these radios operate, they need to full boot up twice to learn their environment.

Cody6597

First Name
Elliott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
11.0.6 doesn’t even have the ability to turn off the sensors, so it’s not that it killed them.

But if you changed any settings and did a full reboot, it could be that the radio setting for park assist has the chime turned off, or something simple like that.
Take a look at the connect settings, make sure the button on the dash is working. If all else fails, you could always unmarry and marry again to return all settings to stock to rule out the tazer as a contributor.

Also, after a full reboot, keep in mind it takes 2 sleep/wake cycles before anything related to the radio goes back to normal. It’s jist how these radios operate, they need to full boot up twice to learn their environment.
Thank you Joe! I will give that a shot.

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Cody6597

I'm glad Joe, responded to you here.

What I was trying to get you to do, was to read the User Guide.... Not looking in the User Guide, for sensor related info, but for you to read and learn about the importance of a full reboot, the 2 sleep/wake cycles and more...

There is a little bit of a learning curve, and reading the User Guide is important.

Also, if you move to a different firmware be sure to read the User Guide specific to that particular firmware.

Sponsored

Cody6597

First Name
Elliott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
@Cody6597

I'm glad Joe, responded to you here.

What I was trying to get you to do, was to read the User Guide.... Not looking in the User Guide, for sensor related info, but for you to read and learn about the importance of a full reboot, the 2 sleep/wake cycles and more...

There is a little bit of a learning curve, and reading the User Guide is important.

Also, if you move to a different firmware be sure to read the User Guide specific to that particular firmware.
I appreciate the input Rhinebeck. Thanks.

Diaxio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Mojito
i just got the Tazer JL Mini and upgraded to this FW and went to set the TPMS threshold it would only go down to 25 is that the lowest i can set it.

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i just got the Tazer JL Mini and upgraded to this FW and went to set the TPMS threshold it would only go down to 25 is that the lowest i can set it.
@Diaxio

Yes.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Since I do not understand, I might as well ask, why would 25 be the lowest?
That’s what FCA considers the lowest safest pressure and from what I have been told it’s hard coded and can’t be changed

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@WranglerAz

From what I understand, FCA has set the minimum to 25psi . Undoubtedly, the 25 psi must be mandated by the law.

I know Joe, has tried multiple times, to work around this 25 psi thing, but has been unable to do anything about it. It's been a no go with the other brand programmer also, from what I have been told.

You could turn off TPMS readouts, altogether..

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Per Joe:
Final Release Firmware 11.0.8 will be made available in the next few days... very few days. :clap:

LAST CALL - LAST CALL .... post here and now.... if there is an issue that you are aware of with the Tazer JL firmware that you are using ... any issue(s) that needs to be addressed (if possible) in final release firmware 11.0.8 .

-Post your issue now, even if you have mentioned it before, or have seen the issue posted on the forum in the past..

ZAutomotive needs final feedback right now, before .... the fat lady sings so to speak....

@joe@zauto

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Per Joe:
Final Release Firmware 11.0.8 will be made available in the next few days... very few days. :clap:

LAST CALL - LAST CALL .... post here and now.... if there is an issue that you are aware of with the Tazer JL firmware that you are using ... any issue(s) that needs to be addressed (if possible) in final release firmware 11.0.8 .

-Post your issue now, even if you have mentioned it before, or have seen the issue posted on the forum in the past..

ZAutomotive needs final feedback right now, before .... the fat lady sings so to speak....

@joe@zauto
I'm on 11.0.6 and my Uconnect has been freezing up frequently. It never happened with the original I ran, which I think was .0.3. Also, the turn signal cam is sometimes erratic. It will fail to activate with the turn signal randomly.

joe@zauto

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler rubicon unlimited
TurnCam has been addressed and made better in 11.0.7j. I’m looking for those using 11.0.7j, what issues they have found.

So far since 11.0.7j was released:

I’ve corrected the tire size choices being out of sequence.

I’ve made ESS work all the time.

I’m removing APKill. At this point almost nobody has the original PCM/TCM flash before the cruise control recall, so this feature works for almost nobody. I spent hours and hours trying other methods and so far haven’t found a way around it. Not have anyone else, but I will continue to try. I can tell that FCA is trying real hard to make it impenetrable.

Good alarm triggering light show- added low battery light show auto-off. Actually it’ll turn offf when the battery voltage drops regardless of how the light show was turned on now.

Other things from 11.0.7h to j like rear lockers upon startup and menu items not being right for LED turn signals, etc were all corrected.

Parasitic draw sits at 7mA which is negligible. I haven’t had any more issues with battery drain - apparently it wasn’t the 38mA that it was, anyway. It was one of the functions not allowing the tazer to sleep, particularly vulnerable in Jeeps that had proximity entry.

Anything else I’m forgetting to address? Not looking for feature requests here, just looking to take what’s done to this point and make it an official release. Then I’ll continue to add more...

Last edited:

AdamRav

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2018
TurnCam has been addressed and made better in 11.0.7j. I’m looking for those using 11.0.7j, what issues they have found.

So far since 11.0.7j was released:

I’ve corrected the tire size choices being out of sequence.

I’ve made ESS work all the time.

I’m removing APKill. At this point almost nobody has the original PCM/TCM flash before the cruise control recall, so this feature works for almost nobody. I spent hours and hours trying other methods and so far haven’t found a way around it. Not have anyone else, but I will continue to try. I can tell that FCA is trying real hard to make it impenetrable.

Good alarm triggering light show- added low battery light show auto-off. Actually it’ll turn offf when the battery voltage drops regardless of how the light show was turned on now.

Other things from 11.0.7h to j like rear lockers upon startup and menu items not being right for LED turn signals, etc were all corrected.

Parasitic draw sits at 7mA which is negligible. I haven’t had any more issues with battery drain - apparently it wasn’t the 38mA that it was, anyway. It was one of the functions not allowing the tazer to sleep, particularly vulnerable in Jeeps that had proximity entry.

Anything else I’m forgetting to address? Not looking for feature requests here, just looking to take what’s done to this point and make it an official release. Then I’ll continue to add more...
Hi Joe,

I just received my JL Tazer today for Rubicon and I love it. The reason I purchased it was to turn the Halos off for purposes of nightvision hunting with IR lights.

However, I still have one issue and that is I need to be able to turn the radio/dash lights off or very dim while driving. I know you have the Dark Mode that achieves this but I need this Dark Mode to be available while in Drive. Call this “Hunter Mode” or “Tactical Mode” and you will have hunters from Texas to New York buying this device.

Would really love to see this feature Implemnted as soon as possible to help us nightvision hog hunters. The eradication efforts depends on it.

To summarize we need a new Dark Mode to Turns off all exterior lighting and dash/radio/shifter lights while in DRIVE (
engine running). Aka “Tactical Dark Mode”
-
Sponsored