Tazer JL 11.07 LAST CALL - LAST CALL !!

Joaozao

First Name
Joao
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
LED CMHSL was removed, LED headlights took its place. Turns out all JLs have LED 3rd brake light. I wasn’t aware of that when I started.

The ESS has been fine, apparently I had turned it off the night before and forgot about that. Think I jumped the gun in posting that.

I had a customer that had a brand new Tazer JL Mini yesterday with 11.0.6 that was having a bootloop issue where his dash kept cycling, same thing we’ve seen a few times on some Jeeps, leading to a dead battery. Tried several restarts and it stopped cycling but found his Tazer wouldn’t go to sleep. Had him load 11.0.7j and it’s been flawless since.

I decided the best route for me to go at this point to serve the community better is to trade in my 18 JLUR without proximity entry for a 19 JLUR that has it. Probably try out the 2.0 turbo (any suggestions, is the 2.0 as peppy?)
So we can program the headlights to LED now?
Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I’m still running 11.06 but don’t have the Tazer plugged in, I made my vehicle changes ( tire size, tpms limits, fog light drop ) the other things I did was seat belt ding I think then unplugged it but left it married then plugged in the Smart Stop/Start from Steve and have been running this way for months and have had zero issues with ESS and or battery issues.

I one chooses to they can run a search on my battery testing where I did daily voltsge checks with the Tazer married and plugged in and married and unplugged and after 7 days each and comparing voltages I saw no difference in voltages, I did have some minor issues with looping but can’t say for sure if this was due to the battery issues I was having at the time or Tazer issues so I won’t finger point.

My plan soon is to remove the Smart Stop/Start and then plug the Tazer back in and unmarry, update to 11.07 , remarry make my changes and then decide if I want to leave the Tazer plugged in or go back to using the Smart Stop/Start module, I honestly am in no hurry to do anything as at current state everything works perfectly and I have forgotten all about the issues I have had.

thorium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
The ESS has been fine, apparently I had turned it off the night before and forgot about that. Think I jumped the gun in posting that.
My Wranger-TazerMini-Team is still suffering memory loss on the ESS setting. About every tenth time I start the engine, the disabling light first comes on but then shuts off and stays off.
I do not see any pattern, as it might happen at first start in the morning or after a quick two minutes stop.
It's a 3.6l manual rubicon unlimited and tazer mini has the 11.0.7j beta running.

Cody6597

First Name
Elliott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
LED CMHSL was removed, LED headlights took its place. Turns out all JLs have LED 3rd brake light. I wasn’t aware of that when I started.

I had a customer that had a brand new Tazer JL Mini yesterday with 11.0.6 that was having a bootloop issue where his dash kept cycling, same thing we’ve seen a few times on some Jeeps, leading to a dead battery. Tried several restarts and it stopped cycling but found his Tazer wouldn’t go to sleep. Had him load 11.0.7j and it’s been flawless since.

I decided the best route for me to go at this point to serve the community better is to trade in my 18 JLUR without proximity entry for a 19 JLUR that has it. Probably try out the 2.0 turbo (any suggestions, is the 2.0 as peppy?)
Hi Joe. I have a Tazer Lite. Are there updates for that one as well? I plugged in but it shows nothing since i purchased last summer. I know I can upgrade to full version.

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Hi Joe. I have a Tazer Lite. Are there updates for that one as well? I plugged in but it shows nothing since i purchased last summer. I know I can upgrade to full version.
@Cody6597

For firmware updates for your Lite... you can at anytime, go here and download different firmware for your Tazer JL Lite:
https://zautomotive.com/tazer-jl-updates/

It is very very easy to update your Tazer JL Lite to a Tazer JL Mini that will give you all the Tazer JL features.

Just go here, https://zautomotive.com/product/activation-key/ and pay the $125 for the activation key.. then using the ZPU program found at ZAutromotive's website, you apply the activation key.

Sponsored

joe@zauto

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler rubicon unlimited
I’ve finally had the ESS skip on me as well, I’ll fix it as soon as I get back to NY on Monday. Yes, I know I had it working better on 11.0.6, so why did I mess with it? Because I determined a better way, and I’m going to stick with that, it just needs a little debug. A few other fixes to the beta from reports I got back and it’ll finally be finished. It may not seem like a lot, but a lot had to change to get the new features such as Locker control and button remapping in there, not to mention everything else.

SmartStopStart.com

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartstopstart.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited Sting Gray
Occupation
Electronics Engineer and Business Owner
I’ve finally had the ESS skip on me as well, I’ll fix it as soon as I get back to NY on Monday. Yes, I know I had it working better on 11.0.6, so why did I mess with it? Because I determined a better way, and I’m going to stick with that, it just needs a little debug.
We would be happy to license you the SmartStopStart algorithm. ;)

joe@zauto

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler rubicon unlimited
We would be happy to license you the SmartStopStart algorithm. ;)
Haha. I didn’t say it was difficult. It’s one of 30 or 40 features, many of which have to do something on start-up. I had it working fine but wanted to shrink code size and speed it up. Guess I went too far.

Joaozao

First Name
Joao
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
@joe@zauto I just want to clarify. Can we now set the headlights to LED to get the OEMs working properly?

butcho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU

Sponsored

Cody6597

First Name
Elliott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
@Cody6597

For firmware updates for your Lite... you can at anytime, go here and download different firmware for your Tazer JL Lite:
https://zautomotive.com/tazer-jl-updates/

It is very very easy to update your Tazer JL Lite to a Tazer JL Mini that will give you all the Tazer JL features.

Just go here, https://zautomotive.com/product/activation-key/ and pay the $125 for the activation key.. then using the ZPU program found at ZAutromotive's website, you apply the activation key.

Thanks. It is requesting I download a zfw file extract to add the updates. Any input on this process?

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
Good catch, I hadn’t thought of that.
The light show will only flash until the battery reaches 11v, then turns itself off to not leave you stranded, but that could be hours before it turns off. I’ll have it trigger on alarm status instead, so it only flashes when the Horn is honking. This will make it also work when the alarm is triggered for any other reason.
Good catch, I hadn’t thought of that.
The light show will only flash until the battery reaches 11v, then turns itself off to not leave you stranded, but that could be hours before it turns off. I’ll have it trigger on alarm status instead, so it only flashes when the Horn is honking. This will make it also work when the alarm is triggered for any other reason.
Do you have to do anything to enable the hood alarm. I'm running the Beta firmware but I opened the hood with the doors locked last night and it never went off...
Sponsored