Tazer indication of diesel in regen?

BuffaloBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler, 2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel 2020 JLUR Ecodiesel
Do any of you know how to contact the Tazer design group to request this addition be made to the Tazer Mini? On the ZAutomotive website under “contact” I only see a couple dealer related choices.

I don’t know if the data the Tazer has access to will allow a message to be displayed for regen, but it would really be nice if it could.
Sponsored

JP 3.0

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ram 2500 6.7 Cummins, 2020 JLUD
From what I’ve seen he’s pretty responsive on here. @zauto or @Joe

Hammerrp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JK 2dr Rubi
Do any of you know how to contact the Tazer design group to request this addition be made to the Tazer Mini? On the ZAutomotive website under “contact” I only see a couple dealer related choices.

I don’t know if the data the Tazer has access to will allow a message to be displayed for regen, but it would really be nice if it could.
Question - went to install my mini tonight and the connections don’t seem to match up one is the same size but the other is much larger. Am I missing something? Willing to take pictures of your connected gazer mini for me?

OP
OP

BuffaloBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Question - went to install my mini tonight and the connections don’t seem to match up one is the same size but the other is much larger. Am I missing something? Willing to take pictures of your connected gazer mini for me?
When I installed mine I first tried reaching and unplugging the two wire harness plugs, by reaching straight up from underneath. I could get a couple fingers on those plugs but couldn’t depress the latch and pull them out. Then I popped off the plastic panel below the steering column and was able to reach those plugs a little better. These plugs were pointing almost straight up, if I remember correctly.

The below pic is from the Quadratec site, showing the connector sockets on the mini. This probably doesn’t help you much as you have a mini in-hand. But the wire harness plugs on my JL do fit those sockets.

Are you sure you are looking at the correct pair of plugs? I don’t think I would be able to take a photo very well in that super-confined area.

BD5B0D01-3B03-4165-B85D-8363C561007E.jpeg

Hammerrp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JK 2dr Rubi
When I installed mine I first tried reaching and unplugging the two wire harness plugs, by reaching straight up from underneath. I could get a couple fingers on those plugs but couldn’t depress the latch and pull them out. Then I popped off the plastic panel below the steering column and was able to reach those plugs a little better. These plugs were pointing almost straight up, if I remember correctly.

The below pic is from the Quadratec site, showing the connector sockets on the mini. This probably doesn’t help you much as you have a mini in-hand. But the wire harness plugs on my JL do fit those sockets.

Are you sure you are looking at the correct pair of plugs? I don’t think I would be able to take a photo very well in that super-confined area.

Got it. Thanks! Was trying to not pull the panel, but looks like that isn’t an option.

Sponsored

Hammerrp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JK 2dr Rubi

Thanks for the help- got it installed. Random question: upon starting there is a random warning laser sound, ever happen to you?

OP
OP

BuffaloBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the help- got it installed. Random question: upon starting there is a random warning laser sound, ever happen to you?
Are you hearing the fuel pump maybe?

Reactions: GtX