Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
Wooo, this thread turned into a hot mess. And @Wabujitsu, you're profile pic is scaring me and I don't want to use my computer anymore. Would you consider something a little less "I'm going to beat you to death"?
Hahahahaha! That’s my happy face! You’re mistaking happy ugliness with meanness!
Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
You don't want to do that it may anger the people that own that phone you carry.
You’re right, it’s much better to trust apps developed by people who have managed to break into a secure OS, and who don’t want those apps scrutinized by Apple. I’m sure the Russians and Chinese don’t pander to our distaste of corporate greed at all. :CWL:

patternman

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2014 & 2001 Indian
You’re right, it’s much better to trust apps developed by people who have managed to break into a secure OS, and who don’t want those apps scrutinized by Apple. I’m sure the Russians and Chinese don’t pander to our distaste of corporate greed at all. :CWL:
You're absolutely right, some people need that kind of nanny. Personally I've never had a computer or phone brought to me that I wasn't able to remove the virus or malware and I never did it by reformatting and reinstalling of the OS.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You're absolutely right, some people need that kind of nanny. Personally I've never had a computer or phone brought to me that I wasn't able to remove the virus or malware and I never did it by reformatting and reinstalling of the OS.
upload_2020-1-26_16-54-44.jpeg

Sponsored

OP
OP
Tritonman

Tritonman

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
ITS Duty Manager
So is this something I can set up with my Tazer mini or will it be a new product offering, like the front camera?
I don't know all the facts so I can't properly answer. From what I gather, there is a new firmware update to the Tazer to enable audio via composite. So for this to work you would need a firmware update, HDIM to Composite converter and the Tazer A/V wiring harness. I plan on ordering the parts to give it a shot and see what happens. I already did my Tazer firmware update and there was the passthrough audio update.

crbrenny

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Sting Grey; 2021 JLR Gecko
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I don't know all the facts so I can't properly answer. From what I gather, there is a new firmware update to the Tazer to enable audio via composite. So for this to work you would need a firmware update, HDIM to Composite converter and the Tazer A/V wiring harness. I plan on ordering the parts to give it a shot and see what happens. I already did my Tazer firmware update and there was the passthrough audio update.
Please let us know how it goes and what you do.

Thanks,
Chad

patternman

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2014 & 2001 Indian
@OldGuyNewJeep
I was not politically correct in my post, my choice of words to suggest to the OP that phone modification may not be for him was insensitive.
I'm sorry I've triggered you or made you feel threatened.
I seem to be lousy at political correctness or so my woke social justice young adult children tell me, btw
that's a cute meme. I'm not very good at memes not something I've picked up from my woke adult children.
Again if I've triggered, offended or made you feel threatened in some way I truly hope you accept my apology.

Now to get the thread back on track.
I don't have a Tazer but I plan on installing a 9 inch Android head unit. To enable the rear camera a converter is required for the
head unit I'm planning on. T'eyes has a converter that as far as I know is the only one available separately. I think it's on the expensive side
considering converters that go the other direction can be obtained as cheap as $15.
The converter is available here:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000236111859.html?spm=a2g0o.detail.1000023.1.500011606AuSuR
Good luck.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@OldGuyNewJeep
I was not politically correct in my post, my choice of words to suggest to the OP that phone modification may not be for him was insensitive.
I'm sorry I've triggered you or made you feel threatened.
I seem to be lousy at political correctness or so my woke social justice young adult children tell me, btw
that's a cute meme. I'm not very good at memes not something I've picked up from my woke adult children.
Again if I've triggered, offended or made you feel threatened in some way I truly hope you accept my apology.
upload_2020-1-27_13-1-8.gif

1. This Old Guy is not triggered, and is also not afraid to crack a joke via a meme or otherwise. Sorry that you don’t get my brand of humor.
  2. I fail to see what political correctness and “woke culture” have to do with anything on this thread.
Have a great day, bud.

awarsaw88

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Hmm. All I did was jailbreak my phone and I could duplicate the screen on my 7” uConnect. But I’m glad there’s other ways out there!
Can you send us the jailbreak link and explain how to do this?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Tritonman

Tritonman

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
ITS Duty Manager
Please let us know how it goes and what you do.

Thanks,
Chad
Will do. I hope to attempt to mod this weekend when all the necessary parts come in.

ShawnC

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Unlimited
Can you send us the jailbreak link and explain how to do this?
You can find ios jailbreak info at sites like RedmondPie, there is also a jailbreaking community on Reddit.

Just understand you are opening up a whole new can of worms, especially the newer your ios version... jailbreaking isn't quite what it used to be. For example... newer versions of ios usually require a " tethered" jailbreak... this means you're going to need access to a computer to re-initialize the jailbreak every time you reboot.

I'm not knocking it, there are quite a few jailbreak tweaks I wish I had back, but it can get to be more of a pain than its worth sometimes...

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
@naysayers Maybe they're watching vids in the doctors office parking lot while waiting for wife inside. There may be many times someone would watch a vid while parked. But go ahead jump to any conclusion or ASSumption you want!
Amen, took my mom to 97 doctors appointments in 6 months. I hated waiting in the waiting room full of sick people. Sitting in the parking lot watching movies would have been awesome.