Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I had an odd thing happen ( see post #31 https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...ith-aftermarket-wheels-am-i-alone.9097/page-3 ) so my question is to you Tazer users or maybe @joe@zauto will see this and give an answer but if you look at my post #31you will see that when I turned off the TPMS setting using my Tazer JL the tire pressure display from my display disappeared, not like the tire pressure like the display that shows the vehicle and pressures was gone and not even there but when I turned on the TPMS system it showed back up but in an earlier test turning it off it was there but the idiot light was out by turning it off so I am curious Joe which way is it supposed to be ?
Sponsored

OP
OP
WranglerMan

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Heard back from Joe at Tazer and he advised that if you turn off the TPMS system you turn it all off including the entire tire display in the EVIC, I tested this and sure enough if you have TPMS set to off the entire display that shows all tires and pressures goes away but when you turn it back on it comes back so for now I have to live with the idiot light being on until I get my TPMS sensor issue resolved, I like seeing the tire pressures but currently setting the tire pressure alarms down to say 20 the light stays on

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Heard back from Joe at Tazer and he advised that if you turn off the TPMS system you turn it all off including the entire tire display in the EVIC, I tested this and sure enough if you have TPMS set to off the entire display that shows all tires and pressures goes away but when you turn it back on it comes back so for now I have to live with the idiot light being on until I get my TPMS sensor issue resolved, I like seeing the tire pressures but currently setting the tire pressure alarms down to say 20 the light stays on
@WranglerMan

Hmmm, I was sure I had already told you this in regard to the Tazer JL. Not sure if I mentioned in a pm or public post.

I also mentioned that it's the friggin TPMS sensors that you have that are not working properly with your JLU. Just put your stock sensors in those new wheels or get another set of TPMS's that are known to work.

OP
OP
WranglerMan

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
@Rhinebeck01 I don’t recall you telling me this but ok let’s go with that, the sensors are being replaced and will see what happens.

OP
OP
WranglerMan

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Been using the Tazer JL for about a week or so and have gone thru all the menu options and really like what it does, the biggest thing for me was ESS and tire size adjustment and at first the TurnCam I did not like but left it on and I can say now that I like it a lot, its kinda like a blind spot detection system as the rear view changing lanes is pretty wide also disabled fog drop.

Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
I've had my TPMS threshold set to 32 since I installed the Tazer back in July. Now that the weather has turned colder, my pressure dipped to 31 and triggered a TPMS warning. After driving, the tires warmed up and TPMS read 33psi, but the warning did not go away. It says to inflate to 37 (nope!)

OK, annoyed and with reluctance I inflated to 36psi per my (accurate) gauge. TPMS warning is *still* on, and what's more it's showing 32/33psi. I trust my guage, not the TPMS sensors. Last night I went into the Tazer and dropped the threshold to 30 and today when I drove the Jeep the warning is *still* there.

Anyone know how to clear it? @Rhinebeck01 ? Do I have to massively over-inflate these tires to shut up the TPMS and then air back down to 35 where I like to keep them?

UPDATE: I just went down to the garage to look at my tack bar weld since I'm on the recall list (looks fine), and decided to double-check my Tazer settings for TPMS. Well, it showed 37 for front and rear! Hmm. I set to 30, did a full reboot just for the heck of it, and then did 2 wake/sleep cycles per the manual. I was too lazy to open the door to start it, but I'm hoping when I go out, later, that the warning is off my EVIC.

Last edited:

joe@zauto

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler rubicon unlimited
Either you unmarried it at some point, putting back the factory 37psi setting, or went to the dealer and they flashed it back (cruise recall maybe?)

Or something along those lines for it to get written back like that.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Either you unmarried it at some point, putting back the factory 37psi setting, or went to the dealer and they flashed it back (cruise recall maybe?)

Or something along those lines for it to get written back like that.
Negative. It's been plugged in and working beautifully since upgrading to 11.0.6 on the day that you posted that version for download. I changed the values last night (lowered them from 32 to 30), and just now they were at 37. Admittedly, I did not do two sleep/wake cycles last night. Maybe that was the issue?

I'll report back, later, after I take the Jeep out. Hopefully the new values were persisted this time and the warning is gone.

OP
OP
WranglerMan

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I had the same issue but when I went in and looked at the setting for front and rear the front was set to 35 and rear was 25 and I could have sworn they were both set to 25 I reset the front to 25 and all was good after a few cycles so it’s possible the setting never took or was changed by an unmarry in your case.

My first set of sensors read pressures correctly but the idiot light was on regardless of what the alarm limits were set at so the vendor replaced the sensors, the new set seems a bit slow to read as in one or two will update just by driving a short distance and the other two seem to take a little longer but all pressures match my digital gage, I was advised that the sensors will not update unless the vehicle is moving.

I am coming up on a rotation so we will see how the spare reads once it is mounted, I think we all get very used to all of this technology and get spoiled and when it does not work as designed we kinda freak a little but I still remember the days when TPMS was non existent and you actually checked pressure every time you filled up.

@OldGuyNewJeep if what you did does not fix the issue I would unmarry the Tazer and then do a few cycles then inflate to 37-38# and make sure all works, Joe from Tazer advised me that the TPMS system needs to be working correctly before adjusting anything, once it’s working correctly then marry the Tazer to your system then go in and set your alarm limits, I set mine to 25 but I’m running 315 KO2’s, I personally would set the low alarm 5lbs less then what your cold pressure is and after you set the pressure alarms go back into the Tazer and double check to ensure it took the settings then air down to your desired pressure.

I’m not sure and am curious but my factory setting alarms were at 35# and I thInk you get the alarm at 10% below that but can’t confirm so if any of you can advise when the alarm triggers I would appreciate it.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All’s well, now. Settings stuck and warning went away. I think I needed to do the sleep/wake cycles per the Tazer manual.
Sponsored