Sponsored

Tazer and Factory Software Updates for Jeep?

cns721

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 WJ, '13 JKU, '18 WK2, '19 JLU, '22 WL74
Occupation
Software Engineer
I've had a Tazer in my JLU for the past year and half, no issues with it or whatsoever. I was browsing the forums for steps on how to update the Tazer itself. I came across a post saying that I should unmarry the Tazer before bringing it to the dealer for any service. I did bring in my Jeep for the V41 recall, which includes a software update I believe. I also had the TSB done to replace the steering box which they also updated the software. Both times I had the Tazer plugged in and they didn't say anything about it.

The post that I saw mentioned that the any software updates would be reverted back to the previous version if the Tazer wasn't unmarried prior to unplugging. I'm just concerned that the software in the Jeep may have been reverted back to the older version. Is there a way to check the software version to make sure I still have the most up to date version that addresses the steering issues?
Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
I've had a Tazer in my JLU for the past year and half, no issues with it or whatsoever. I was browsing the forums for steps on how to update the Tazer itself. I came across a post saying that I should unmarry the Tazer before bringing it to the dealer for any service. I did bring in my Jeep for the V41 recall, which includes a software update I believe. I also had the TSB done to replace the steering box which they also updated the software. Both times I had the Tazer plugged in and they didn't say anything about it.

The post that I saw mentioned that the any software updates would be reverted back to the previous version if the Tazer wasn't unmarried prior to unplugging. I'm just concerned that the software in the Jeep may have been reverted back to the older version. Is there a way to check the software version to make sure I still have the most up to date version that addresses the steering issues?
I believe you risk wiping the update if you unmarry. You should reach out to ZAuto to see how they might help you resolve.

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase

Please post what you find out. My 2018 is at the dealer now getting the steering TSB done. I had told my son (who drives it) to remove and unmarry the Tazer last night. This morning after we dropped the Jeep off and were driving away, I asked: " You removed and unmarried the Tazer right?". The look he gave me and the curse words which spewed from my mouth were priceless.

I drove back to the dealer and he was able to remove the Tazer, but it is still married. I don't really see us needing to unmarry it for any reason in the foreseeable future, but it will be nice to know what happens if/when I do.

OP
OP
cns721

cns721

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 WJ, '13 JKU, '18 WK2, '19 JLU, '22 WL74
Occupation
Software Engineer

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Just found this from another thread: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/tazer-mini-needs-to-stay-married.61293/post-1310209

I guess I should be fine as long I don't unmarry the Tazer. Not that I plan to do so any time soon, anyways. Now I'm afraid to update the Tazer and possibly mess something up where I'd have to unmarry it haha
I’m pretty sure that ZAuto will sell you an unlock option to reset your Tazer to an unmarried state. I bet after forking over a few buck to do that, you won’t remember to unmarry it next time. :)
Sponsored