First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
Happily retired
Thanks. I’m assuming the plastic cover on the inside of the tailgate just snaps off?
The photo above is from inside the swing-gate, behind the plastic panel. Some dealers add the flasher in this location. You can also add it inside the bracket that the CHMSL is mounted on.
I actually need to cut the wire to the CHMSL, put the flasher in then run a wire from the flasher to the cold side of the switch on the brake pedal. I tow mine behind my motorhome and the brake light harness only activates the outboard brake lights and turn signals. It won't activate the CHMSL as it's on a different circuit. I did this on my JK that I just traded in too. That way when the surge brake is activated the CHMSL activates on it's own while the rest of the brake lights work off of the RV's system.
Sponsored

OP
OP
JLJS74

JLJS74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 4DR JL
I know this was posted awhile ago but which side and where are these connectors? I want to put a flasher on the 3rd brake light.
the connectors pictured are on the inside of the tailgate. If you remove (easily) the plastic panel that covers the inside of the tailgate, you will see what is pictured here. Someone replied to my post and added notes about what each of those connectors does, so look for that as its probably helpful (it should be early in this thread)

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Willys
Sting_NC_USA , why does this have three wires? acc, constant, ground?

Jeep Wrangler JL Tapping into rear 12v port power 1698808048282

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Willys
I think you may be looking in a different area. The 12V power adapter is on the Drivers side, and the harness is located directly above the rear tire.

Below is a picture of the harness location (Power Outlet D Pillar). Best guess, is you'd need to run your power from that area. I also believe the larger black circle represents a dedicated grounding post.

Here's a video on how to remove the panels:

And this is how I tapped into the front 12V Outlet. I'd assume the rear 12V Outlet looks the same.

The following schematic says the rear 12V Outlet in the D Pillar has a positive connection that's Pink/Dark Green.

Hope this is helpful!

Why does the actual 12v outlet have three wires?