Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Went out to Tankcustoms here in Houston and met with @TTEChris and discussed my options, first off Chris is a super nice guy and just seems very down to earth and does not rush thru the process, he takes the time of helping you decide what’s best then goes thru those choices.

After spending some time with him I decided on his recommendation of a RC 2.5” lift and RC spare tire relocator and then go with a 17” wheel versus keeping the 18” ones on my Sahara, we discussed what tire options there are for the 18’s and it would have been the Duratrac but I want a smooth ride close to what I have now so Chris recommended going to 17” wheel and run the KO2’s in a C rated tired as it’s just a smooth rolling tire that will give me the best for ride comfort

Still a little undecided on wheels but if this wheel/tire combo works this is what I will go with, I will update this post as the work progresses but looking to have the lift done in about a week and hopefully can have the wheels and tires done at the same time.

For anyone in the Houston area looking for some upgrades my suggestion would be to give Chris a call, he’s a great guy that takes the time to go thru a lot of options and seems to never rush you thru the process

FDCF7F7E-295B-48DD-BE89-73697A0EAA1F.jpeg
A914BE7A-03F0-4062-9E2D-615F5938B584.jpeg
Sponsored

Bingy

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU
I second that. @TTEChris has always taken the time to clarify questions and give advice even to me out in Colorado. I appreciate the tech advice. He is a class act.

OP
OP
WranglerMan

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Once I get my new setup I plan on selling what I have so those that are local here in Houston that are looking for a nice set of factory rims/tires off a JLU Sahara stay tuned as I will be letting them go cheap as I don’t want them sitting in the garage, they will have less than 5k miles on them and the spare has never been used
Sponsored