Sponsored

Tan or Black interior color? Which one do you prefer and why?

Tan or Black interior?

• Total voters

roadkilled

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
I am on the fence for this one.

I liked the tan interior on my outback because it gives the ambience a sunny vibe, and it makes the car seem less cramped to me.

I liked black the interiors on my other car because the interior is less "distracting", and makes the interior dimmer.

I'm on the fence because I've never owned a convertible and I wonder if tan interior will be too bright when the top is down on a sunny day.

JK owners with tan interior, do you have problem with it being bright with the top down? Why do you like tan seats and will you be getting tan seats again?
Sponsored

jack snakeskin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT86
punk'n metallic and mojito! clear coat external colors FORCE the tan interior so for these 2 colors there is no choice

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase

Revelation17

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 Corvette; '19 JLRU (Manual, Firecracker red)
Occupation
slave for "the man"
Vehicle Showcase
I've mostly been a black interior guy. I agree that it sucks in direct sunlight with leather. Most likely getting cloth this time around so I'm probably going black. Need to see the tan in person though.

It's rubbish that you can't get a Mojito Rubi with black interior.

Sponsored

OP
OP

roadkilled

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
I've mostly been a black interior guy. I agree that it sucks in direct sunlight with leather. Most likely getting cloth this time around so I'm probably going black. Need to see the tan in person though.

It's rubbish that you can't get a Mojito Rubi with black interior.
Maybe the configurator is wrong. In the configurator you have to have red dash with black seats. Also the tan seats have no rear foldable center arm rest.

SpyDJeep

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"18 JLUR Punk'n, '11 JKU Mango tango, '17 JKU Granite crystal, 98 XJ plow jeep
Vehicle Showcase
punk'n metallic and mojito! clear coat external colors FORCE the tan interior so for these 2 colors there is no choice
If i recall the the jeep on the cover of the owners manual is the punk'n JLU Rubi with black interior. Cant see them using a Jeep that wont be available. Really hoping thats the case as thats pretty much the jeep I was hoping to order. Personally I'm not a fan of the tan interior. At least not with punk'n. You can build the sport S with black interior so really hoping as the color becomes available the configurator gets updated

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Black. I like it better. It seems more high tech.

Sponsored

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
I prefer black and red dash, but when I configure a Punk'n Rubicon it forces tan with silver dash. :(

SpyDJeep

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"18 JLUR Punk'n, '11 JKU Mango tango, '17 JKU Granite crystal, 98 XJ plow jeep
Vehicle Showcase
Right you are. That really looks nice.

upload_2017-12-20_21-30-34.png
Yes it does look nice, would be a perfect upgrade from my current JKU mango tango with black interior. ok, so i have a thing for orange jeeps, lol

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
Since Leather is standalone optional, I’m going to save the money and buy a color I like and probably have left over to get the leather door trims to match

JaybearWL

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara 2.0t
I really only like the tan seats if you have either Firecracker or White body and a tan soft top to go with it.

I may just end up with a White body but I'm so conflicted about hard top vs. soft top that I'll probably end up with the black hard top, so black seats it is.
Sponsored