Sponsored

Tan or Black interior color? Which one do you prefer and why?

Tan or Black interior?

• Total voters

Ifghillbilly

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 lj, 1993 Mercedes 300D, 2014 Mercedes C250
I like the tan just because it is brighter. I agree that it looks better with certain colors. Although I would include blue along with red and white. Since Ocean Blue is late availability and my wife's JKU was white, I ordered Firecracker with tan leather. I ordered black hardtop only, but will buy tan bestop as soon as it becomes available.
Sponsored

OscarMike_to_Rubi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR Ocean Blue, '65 Mustang Convt, 1972 Honda CT70H
Those that vote for black do not live in Florida. Like Mercury in the summer, right next to the sun. Tan all the way.

As soon as Ocean Blue opens, will be Ocean Blue JLUR with tan leather.

ParkerS12

First Name
Parker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jku Sahara 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
Those that vote for black do not live in Florida. Like Mercury in the summer, right next to the sun. Tan all the way.

As soon as Ocean Blue opens, will be Ocean Blue JLUR with tan leather.
Almost wish they would come out with a totally tan interior. Not just the seats. But the tan sure does help in the summer.

buried20kleague

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Crush Rubi
Yes it does look nice, would be a perfect upgrade from my current JKU mango tango with black interior. ok, so i have a thing for orange jeeps, lol
You’re not alone... my crush Rubi with black interior will be getting replaced by a punk’n with black interior.

The configurator has GOT to be wrong.

Ozarkpaddler

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade Ford F-150
If I have a choice I pick tan because it's not as hot in the summertime. When we bought my wife's Renegade last year we couldn't find a Trailhawk with the light colored interior. There were a few odd ones in other models, but even they were rare as unicorns. My F-150 was one of the few on the lot I could find with a lighter brown interior. For us, we don't care about the style, the black holds in heat so much more.

Sponsored

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
I went with tan for two reasons:

1) was concerned about the red rubi dash
2) most the off roading spots in SoCal are hotter than hades, you would rather be in airconditioning than take a top off with black seats.

dwoodwo1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2016 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Premium, Granite
I went with black cloth only because it will not show stains as easily. I wanted tan, but with a dog and 2 year old....

Bluerhino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2005 Porsche 911 S
I went with black leather and black exterior for my Sahara order. I really wanted tan. I really like tan. But for me with the tan leather only on the seats I just couldn’t do it. Maybe even if it was at least on the center console that would have been ok. But it’s not so black again it is.

SpyDJeep

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"18 JLUR Punk'n, '11 JKU Mango tango, '17 JKU Granite crystal, 98 XJ plow jeep
Vehicle Showcase
I hope the configurator is wrong too. the cover of the JL manual has a JLUR thats orange with black interior. Cant see them not offering what they show, but ya never know eh

mandrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
I always prefer black interior for easy cleaning and maintenance.

Sponsored

TIDALWAVE

First Name
CHUCK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible, 2013 CHEVY SILVERADO, 2018 JLUR
How good is the 'premium' leather in the Rubicon (JK?)? When my convertible sits out in the sun with the top down...the hot leather seems to stretch when I sit down in the seat and does not completely shrink back when cool. Just how much real leather is involved in Jeep seats?

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
I chose the Tan in my Rubicon it looks much better (my Choice) To keep them clean and conditioned I us a High quality Leather Cleaner conditioner & Protectant, I put this on the seats as soon as I got home and new Blue jeans don't stain the seats. Takes about 10m to do the complete inside. I will do this once a month 10m is worth the seat protection (Prevent Cracking) even on Black seats.
I have used this on my BMW seats also the Tesla again works well.

Again your choice of what you use but use something save your seats.

Jeep.png

ECHO

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-Door JL Rubicon - Black
Occupation
Retired Air Force - Currently in my Dream Job
Black… I wouldn't say interior, its just the seats that are Tan .. if they added more it could be cool

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
I think the black actually looks a little better but like my fellow posters have already said, boy oh boy if you get in a black interior with the roof open after being parked it’s like sitting on your bbq. My current JK (Firecracker Red/ Black top) looks great with the tan so I ordered it in my 19 JL (Bikini Pearl). I hope the tan doesn’t clash with the Green/Blue. Black would probably look better on this car too. One more note; In the early 80’s I had a black interior and exterior Corvette. Beautiful car but so hot in the summer the a/c felt like it wasn’t working sometimes. You’d actually be 5 minutes from your destination and the car would start to feel like its cooling off! Hope this helps

B2A08BE7-084D-4AA4-ACC3-09DFA643BEA9.jpeg

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I like my tan interior but eventually it will look like crap due to spills, blue jeans rubbing off, etc.
Sponsored