Tan Leather Interior for Offroad Use

alphalife9

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 C6, Sting Gray JLUR
How does the tan leather hold up to the crap Jeeps go through offroading on the regular? I love the look but I'm afraid it would look horrible fairly quickly with dirt, sand, black rubber scuffs, etc. Anyone have experience wheeling with tan leather?
Sponsored

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
I am thinking it will do better than the black because black shows so much dirt. I am going with it.

Strifehero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
Not sure about the tan but this is my first leather Jeep (black, though) and will never have another cloth interior. Took my youngest out for our dad/son date this weekend. To the mountains with food, drinks, mud, snow, and all the joy that it could be. And he did what a good 6-year-old should do. And it looked like it Sunday when I started cleaning it. Now - you’d never know. Thrilled with the black leather. My wife’s Yukon has tan leather (not as light as the Jeep tan it seems) and it still looks great at 50k miles. And lots of kids in and out every day. So tan might be fine.

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
I have a 2018 Rubicon JLU with Tan seats Love them. First thing remember buy a high quality leather conditioner and cleaner and seal the seats .

This is what I use, your choice on what you use just use something.
Again this works very well for me. Use a old white T-shirt and see the difference it will make.

Jeep.png

LLANERO

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I had light gray leather on my 08 JKUR and it held up pretty well, better than cloth.
Sponsored