Sponsored

tan hard top options, or body color matched

chcg12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
I’ve sold our 2000 Sahara, green with the tan hardtop. My dad is not pleased, but it was time for an upgrade after 18 years. We’re going to order a new 2 door JL, and we really wanted to get another tan hard top, which isn’t offered currently from jeep. I think we’ve settled on bright white, and I know I can order a tan soft top, but want to order from the factory with the hard top so it’s prewired for the rear wiper/defrost. I’ve seen some posts about possibly painting the black hardtop tan, but not much more about actually doing it, how it would look, pricing, resale, and the black top's texture. Also a possibility is getting the white color matched top, which I think might look good, but the dark tan I think looks fantastic on the white. Any pictures, opinions or thoughts are appreciated,

thanks
I had a white 2001 Sahara TJ. painted white fenders, those cool green/tan seats and a spice (Tan) colored hard top. The hard top was faded and i had a body shop sand/repaint it. It turned out beautiful! If I go with a 2dr, i will probably do the same thing. I think only the tan would go well with a white vehicle. If green were offered that would look great as well, but of course colors are subjective.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dennis Castro

Dennis Castro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Sahara
Yes, the tj saharas in white with tan tops are beautiful. What did it cost to have yours sanded / painted?

chcg12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Yes, the tj saharas in white with tan tops are beautiful. What did it cost to have yours sanded / painted?
Body shop owner owed me a favor, so zero. i would guess you could find someone for $600-700 as a side job, but not sure.
Sponsored