Tan Fabric Half Doors options?

RubyRubi

First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon, 2018 Grand Cherokee
Has anyone come across soft half doors for the JL like the old CJ fabric doors that matched the top color? I have a premium tan soft top and would love to find fabric doors to match it.
Sponsored

NJJeep Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hella Yella JLU
You would have to talk to Bestop. I do not believe that Jeep produces tan uppers because the order rate of tan tops is small to start with. Bestop might be able to cut and produce a set, but you would likely pay a high price for a custom job

uralist

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLR - Sarge Green
I’d snap up a pair of tan front half door uppers without a moments hesitation. I was really hoping to see this option on the 2023s.

Sponsored

LOBBS

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Quality Manager in Automotive Aftermarket
If I was able to get Bestop to produce a run would you jump in on it?
As long as I could find a tan twill top for a 2dr, I would be. They do turn up quite a bit here in our member for sale forums.

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
The sail cloth fabric should be paintable with the right type of paint. Just like changing your vinyl top color back in the day.

outobie

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler unlimited Rubicon Diesel
I would be a buyer for a set of tan upper half doors if the price isn't too crazy...I have a JLU so would need the rear doors as well. I have a sarge green JLU with tan interior and the regular black upper
half doors

K-nuk

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, CJ7
I would be a buyer for a set of tan upper half doors if the price isn't too crazy...I have a JLU so would need the rear doors as well. I have a sarge green JLU with tan interior and the regular black upper
half doors
stoking a dead thread just incase someone has found a source for tan uppers for JLU halfdoors (4 door)???

1990JEEPXJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, WK2, JLURXR
I’m curious about this as well. Have a sarge green Jeep with a tan top and there’s a set of green half doors for sale with black uppers. Granted I do also have a black hard top.

Not a fan of this look….
Jeep Wrangler JL Tan Fabric Half Doors options? IMG_3868

Vyndralys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Hatchback, 2023 Gladiator Rubicon
I was really hoping to be able to get tan seats, a tan soft top with tan uppers when I ordered my '24 JL, but they removed both options for the soft top and seats.

I know Bestop sells the tan side and rear windows (here). Is it possible to re-skin the top with new fabric? (I assume this might be possible due to the fabric wearing down with age but the guts of the soft top still functioning.)

As for the tan uppers, if @Bestop really did make them for the OEM half doors, I would buy them. I think the tan top with bikini pearl looks really good.

Otherwise, I saw someone post about recruiting an upholstery shop to re-skin their half doors to tan. Here's an example because I don't remember the thread I read it from.
Sponsored