Martial Fartist

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Besides croom up in brooksville area, are there any good trails in the Tampa area?
Not looking for anything crazy, just want to get a little dirty.

thanks.
Sponsored

Robnfl

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 3.0 Diesel - Firecracker Red
Occupation
Retired USN
Trailsoffroad.com lists a bunch of trails in central FL. The Jeep Badge of Honor app actually lists a badge of honor trail in the Ocala National Forest.
Of course the major obstacles on these trails is sand, deep sand and then really deep sand....oh and mosquitos too ;-)

Echo4papa

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Occupation
Success Engineer
Trailsoffroad.com lists a bunch of trails in central FL. The Jeep Badge of Honor app actually lists a badge of honor trail in the Ocala National Forest.
Of course the major obstacles on these trails is sand, deep sand and then really deep sand....oh and mosquitos too ;-)
I think what turns more new people off of that trail is the tight spots and promise of new pin striping!

There are a lot of trails/forest service roads etc. in Ocala though. Plenty of which aren't nearly as tight if you want to go out and get some off-road time logged.

Robnfl

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 3.0 Diesel - Firecracker Red
Occupation
Retired USN
I think what turns more new people off of that trail is the tight spots and promise of new pin striping!
That could be, I haven't ridden that trail yet, I was just amazed that there is a badge of honor trail in FL. I have ridden through the Citrus Wildlife Management area though. There are wide dirt roads with some sugar sand, and probably muddy when it rains.
If you're interested in geocaching, there are a bunch of cool cache's in that WMA.

Echo4papa

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Occupation
Success Engineer
That could be, I haven't ridden that trail yet, I was just amazed that there is a badge of honor trail in FL. I have ridden through the Citrus Wildlife Management area though. There are wide dirt roads with some sugar sand, and probably muddy when it rains.
If you're interested in geocaching, there are a bunch of cool cache's in that WMA.
I think we got it as a consolation prize. They know how many Jeep enthusiasts they have in this state, so they had to give us SOMETHING! lol

Sponsored

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
My brother bought a Toyota Sequoia 4WD and we took it down the Sunshine Skyway rest area on the south side of the bridge. Almost got stuck in a hole, really had a good time and then a state trooper came around the corner. 😬

OP
OP
Martial Fartist

Martial Fartist

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

There are a lot of trails/forest service roads etc. in Ocala though. Plenty of which aren't nearly as tight if you want to go out and get some off-road time logged.
Funny. Pin striping is exactly why I’m not rushing up to Ocala any time soon. Crazy seeing what’s available for mountain biking off road in Tampa bay vs what Jeep trails are around.
I guess I’ll have to wait for jeepin for justice here.

Last edited:

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
Tampa/St. Pete are so overbuilt, you really need to get out of town a bit in order to find somewhere to fun. If you're in town, you'll probably enjoy a kayak much more than trying to wheel in a Jeep.

iboostgti335

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Sahara

Lives2fish

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport JLU - Stingray
Citris is a very nice, easy trail ride WMA.

Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
And gators that are big enough to eat your entire Jeep in a single bite!

OP
OP
Martial Fartist

Martial Fartist

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I see a bunch of fire roads or what appears to be fire roads in the area of starkey park. Are these roads accessible like Croom?

Are there any other places that you “aren’t supposed to be” but can easily get to?
Sponsored