First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
There are several safety and comfort design problems for tall people in the Wrangler JL models. These were much smaller issues in the JK version.

The mirror is fixed to the front bar and has no travel. The new Automatic Cruise Control blocks the view even more.
Here are two pictures from my 6'7" perspective. I constantly have to bob and weave my head just to see traffic merging ahead of me.
IMG_20181209_171758.jpg

IMG_20181209_171801.jpg
Sponsored

Sponsored

tyresmoker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500 Limited EcoDiesel; '19 JLU Sahara-sting gray; 2017 Grand Cherokee SRT (sold);
At 6’4” and change, I don’t see how any of us tall guys could consider a JL for a DD. It is just too small! I am picking up my wife’s loaded up ‘19 Sahara tomorrow. While I am stoked to get it, it is her car. There is no way I would even try and shoehorn myself into it every day.

OP
OP
Gregodav

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
Wait so you never test drove it?
I did take one out for a test drive before ordering. It is my fault that I didn't notice that the mirror couldn't be relocated OR articulated. Usually when I replace the front windshield I have the windshield guy remount the mirror to the very top of the windshield.
The JL has a fixed mast.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
I have the ACC box, I'm 6'3", and I have no issues. The windshield is shorter (or seems shorter) than most other vehicles I've driven. I do admit I was paranoid about the sports bar behind my head when I test drove, but it does not touch or hit my head, and in reality, isn't much further or closer than most other vehicles and their roofs. Granted its only been a week and 350 miles. No offense to @Gregodav , but I can imagine someone 6'7" might have fit issues with a fair number of vehicles. I drive with the seat on its lowest setting, and the seat reclined, but I do that for most vehicles. I cannot compare JK vs JL.

Sponsored

frajnai

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S, 2011 Mustang GT
At 6’4” and change, I don’t see how any of us tall guys could consider a JL for a DD. It is just too small! I am picking up my wife’s loaded up ‘19 Sahara tomorrow. While I am stoked to get it, it is her car. There is no way I would even try and shoehorn myself into it every day.
Im 6'5" and im ok in mine. Sometimes i have to scooch down to see traffic lights if im the first one at the intersection, but other than that it fits like a glove. I've ordered the Misch extended seat rails to give me a few extra inches backward adjustment, but really i'd be fine without it.

I think torso length might be a fact though.

SouthernDawg

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I'm 6'3" and the only issue I have the the street light issue as well. No other problems.

Bearman95

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
There are several safety and comfort design problems for tall people in the Wrangler JL models. These were much smaller issues in the JK version.

The mirror is fixed to the front bar and has no travel. The new Automatic Cruise Control blocks the view even more.
Here are two pictures from my 6'7" perspective. I constantly have to bob and weave my head just to see traffic merging ahead of me.
IMG_20181209_171758.jpg

IMG_20181209_171801.jpg
I am 6’3” tall and 230 pounds and I feel very comfortable and safe in my JL Rubicon! I have no issues seeing out the front windshield or adjusting the mirror so that I can see what’s behind me. However if you feel that your jeep is not safe or has safety issues And comfort issues then if I were you I would certainly tradei for something that I would be happy with! Not to mention feel safe with! There are too many vehicles available to buy to be driving something that you feel has Safety issues or is not comfortable for you! I have owned a CJ five, a TJ, and 2JK’s. This JL Rubicon is definitely the most comfortable Of all to drive and ride in!

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
6'4' with 34 inseam (gotta know inseam or its a pointless confusing thread), went auto (clutch is lol leg out door to shift) and soft top (another 2-3 inches up).

rearview is annoying (of course cant get that scary auto thing on mirror), and I have to stretch my right foot out as its on the verge of not Comfy.
I really have no margin for either legs or head, its tight, but not bad at all.

Oh and lol even more at the JK, no way I would drive that with the bump of death sport bar.
Sponsored