Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
I'm 6 ft 3in and I've only ever owned 1 vehicle that I didn't feel like I was wearing...Ford Excursion. That problem just come with the territory of being a Hoss
Sponsored

BoBo30

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe Sahara
I'm only 6'0" and I wish the seat could be an inch or two lower. If I use the sun visor I have to become 3-4 inches shorter to see more than 20 feet in front of my JLU. The seat is set as low as possible which is not very low at all.

BoBo30

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe Sahara
Not too familiar with the ACC set up, but I highly recommend flipping the rear view mirror 180* if possible with that set up. 6'2 here and no issues.
How is that done? Does one simply rotate it around 180 or is it more involved?

SnowyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Sport S
I'm 6'1" with 34" inseam and I have no problems. I get the feeling that 6'2" is probably the max height a driver can be without any issues. (Taller people may still be okay, but there are probably compromises they have to make.) I can just see the info at the top of the dash central cluster and I only need to slouch a bit if I'm first in line at a small intersection.

For those struggling to see traffic lights, there are devices called traffic light viewers. It's a prism of glass mounted on your dash that reflects the image of the light down onto it.

Here's a pic showing the concept.

Jeep Wrangler JL Tall people vs. Jeep HPIM0567

These were really common in the 50s so a lot of the options on amazon look retro and amazing.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I'm 6 3.5" (just had my annual physical, so I know this is accurate :) ) I have a 35" inseam, slender build and a proportionately long torso.

In no particular order:

I'll never know if my Jeep is running hot or if the fuel tank is full, lol. I've not been able to see the top of either analog gauge since the day I took delivery. The simple solution here is to reduce the depth of the top of the dashboard, at least above the instrument cluster, so that it doesn't extend over and foul the taller driver's view of the gauges. I had no such problem with the row of gauges on my YJ, which were positioned lower on the dashboard, but also angled upward at a perfect orientation.

I installed a pair of the 1.25" fixed front seat jackers. It took longer than I anticipated to acclimate to them, but raising the front edge of the seat has had a modestly beneficial effect on my comfort. I wouldn't mind if the seat cushions were a bit longer, too.

Raising the seat height to the point that I'm sitting up comfortably, as is my preference, puts my sightline directly inline with the windscreen header bar. And so I'm forced to lower the seat a bit as a compromise. This has the concurrent effect of adding a bit of space between my noggin and the bloated "sport bar".

The additional headroom that the soft top provides is well nigh mandatory for me. I actually felt crowded when I did a showroom test-sit in a hardtop Wrangler. I've also no use for sun mesh screens, or whatever they're called, since they lash to the rollbar. IOW, my head would be in constant contact with them.

Being first in line at a stop light may require slouching down quite a bit, or not so much, depending on the light's position in the intersection.

I've defended the absence of a factory dead pedal in the Wrangler. I love being able to properly stretch my left leg and rest the top of my sole on the firewall. Every vehicle I've owned with a dead pedal has been positioned too far forward. Removing the plastic pedal usually leaves a captive stud behind, projecting outward, since that's what the pedal anchors to. The interference of that stud is almost as uncomfortable to deal with as the now-removed pedal. Aftermarket dead pedals are freely available for the JL. Let those who believe they need one fund the purchase and installation costs themselves.

Sponsored

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
I'm 6'1" with 34" inseam and I have no problems. I get the feeling that 6'2" is probably the max height a driver can be without any issues. (Taller people may still be okay, but there are probably compromises they have to make.) I can just see the info at the top of the dash central cluster and I only need to slouch a bit if I'm first in line at a small intersection.

For those struggling to see traffic lights, there are devices called traffic light viewers. It's a prism of glass mounted on your dash that reflects the image of the light down onto it.

Here's a pic showing the concept.

Jeep Wrangler JL Tall people vs. Jeep HPIM0567

These were really common in the 50s so a lot of the options on amazon look retro and amazing.
I remember reading one post in a thread similar to this, the guy said he just goes by the reflection in his hood! I thought well that is pretty awesome ..simple.... but I never thought about it!! now that is all I do. My Rig is never so covered that the hood doesn't still show a reflection of whats above me.

At Risk Ute

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
milehightrails.com
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜94 YJ, ā€˜21 JLR, ā€˜22 JLUR XR, ā€˜23 392 XR
Occupation
Retired Navy
How is that done? Does one simply rotate it around 180 or is it more involved?
Yeah, if you have the non fancy rear view mirror. Just rotate it gingerly. Flipping the rear view mirror made a positive difference for me.

6ā€™3ā€ and happy with the ergonomics / no dead pedal.

Jsdun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport s 2dr
It really seems to be related to height, but also the ratio of torso to legs. I seem to be in the middle at 6ā€™3ā€ and with the seat all the way back my legs are moderately comfortable, but I need to recline a little to be comfortable. This has resulted in two incidences where my head has slammed the sport bar. (Once off road, another at a harsh driveway entrance bump). Both were slow spreed but left a mark and a little blood. I canā€™t imagine being rear ended.

CorvZ061

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler
I remember reading one post in a thread similar to this, the guy said he just goes by the reflection in his hood! I thought well that is pretty awesome ..simple.... but I never thought about it!! now that is all I do. My Rig is never so covered that the hood doesn't still show a reflection of whats above me.
That was probably me, Iā€™m glad to have been able to help. I would love to be able to see the light normally, or the top of the display in the gauge cluster. But at least the hood reflection keeps me from slouching at lights constantly.

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
That was probably me, Iā€™m glad to have been able to help. I would love to be able to see the light normally, or the top of the display in the gauge cluster. But at least the hood reflection keeps me from slouching at lights constantly.
You the man!!!!! Seriously! Something so simple to do but I never even thought about it...now that is all I do! Thanks Bro...

Sponsored

lowmpg

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
6' 3", 240lbs, mine is a daily driver. Sure it is tight but so are most vehicles unless you buy a full size truck or suv.

TallDude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR-XR
6ft6, 225pounds, 37inseemā€¦
Sat in a JL hardtop and decided Iā€™d have to skip this model generationā€¦and just have to stick with a JK. Then, years later, sat in a soft top JL by accident. I was shocked how well I fit in the soft top. Also ordered the seat slammers but ended up not installing them. I daily drive my JLUR-XR. Love every drive in it. I do have the top of the gauge cluster cut off but not much. Yes I use the reflection off the hood to see the lights change or I slouch down a bit. Easily liveable for me.

All the people I meet wishing they were tallā€¦never thinking about how the majority of vehicles are made just for the general public sizeā€¦not us giants, lol.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Well at 6"4" I will just have to deal with the struggle of not being 5'2".

I took my rear view mirror off as the bigger tire blocked the view anyways.

FTWWillys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
I'm 6'5", mostly torso long, inseem is ~35".

I got the DesertDoesIt SeatSlammers, and it has been a game changer! I feel like I actually fit. The first week of ownership I rode on the stock seat, and I had to slouch to not feel like I was going to slam my head into the bar. But now, I am comfortable and very happy with my Jeep! :)

Chile1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2016 BMW X5M
Occupation
Biotech Sales Management
Vehicle Showcase
I'm 6.3' and 220lbs and no problem
Sponsored