Sponsored

Tall people, big guys, you might want to reconsider the JL...

Smooth9883

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLRU & 2018 WK2 Trailhawk
I put my order in for my JL after debating the comfort. Once I get it I'll mess with the seating. I'm thinking I'll add the seat rails and possibly look at modifying the seat frame itself if there is room to drop it.
Sponsored

Northeastbst

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Amaral
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
You must be giant sized?

Seat all the way down and back and steering column all the way up and you cant read the speedometer?!

Northeastbst

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Amaral
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
I put my order in for my JL after debating the comfort. Once I get it I'll mess with the seating. I'm thinking I'll add the seat rails and possibly look at modifying the seat frame itself if there is room to drop it.
Just take the driver seat out and sit on the rear seat...prob solved

hutchman

First Name
itufoijo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willy
Makes me look like a little sissy at 6'6" whining about fitting into my Jeep!

What did you use for padding on the roll bar? That might be a good fix for me too...
I don't have installed yet, but I ordered it off of Amazon. I searched on "roll bar foam/padding" and ordered the stuff with the off center hole. Gives the driver side more protection for a given tube size.

This stuff:

https://www.amazon.com/Sticks-Kirke...roll+bar+foam&qid=1553193953&s=gateway&sr=8-1

Woody7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon Unlimited JL

Sponsored

Northeastbst

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Amaral
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
Yes, I agree

I like having my steering wheel lower than most and I guess I can kinda relate to that

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
6"2 197lb, broad shoulders, no problem with driver seat, I did spend some time adjusting it to my liking.

I also do not let anyone drive my JL, so my seat stays where I like it.

Find your zone and install a sign that says...if your name isn't Bob...GTFO the driver seat. :)

Emptypockets

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 2006 LJR on JK axles
I'm just shy of 6'3 and just got rid of the JLUR for a Powerwagon. The change was due to my head hitting the sound bar and being above the header bar. I had plenty of room with the hardtop so that was not the issue. I am slightly long torso but nothing crazy. I would really recommend potential buyers compare their head placement with the header bar and not the hard or soft top. With the front right seat mount on the tub the options are limited. I have a JL corbeau seat bracket that I intended to modify and steal a seat out of my LJ to see how low I could get it to go. I estimated an inch up front and the rear bracket could be lowered a couple inches. Combine this with a shaved seat from Corbeau I would be lower. I wasn't sold on the comfort with that setup and decided for 50k I am not going to just get by...I wheel the jeep and could see it belly up, and due to the potential risk if I am in an accident I decided to it was time to let it go for safety reasons. I couldn't add the extra protection of the hardrock cage due to the fact I would have another bar to hit with my head on my right. Why did I give up a V8 JK!!!! We all have regrets....The LJ will have to take me off the beaten path ..

312F3672-BC7D-4E47-AA53-0A25411F9D6D.jpeg

Hagie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S Sting Grey, 2006 Scion xB RS4.0, 2013 Scion xB RS9.0
Happy to report that in my JL I don't feel cramped. I am not sure what happened between the 1st test drive and the 2 other I took up to purchasing, but I have no concerns now.

My knee rides on the 4wd selector some but I doubt it will cause an issue.

I may have to get the dead pedal since my left leg won't sit close and flat because it will interfere with the steering wheel. Dreading that install from what I have seen.

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Yes, I agree

I like having my steering wheel lower than most and I guess I can kinda relate to that
Same here. I'm a strong 5'10" and can't see the speedo from roughly 11:00 to 1:00, BUT I prefer to be further forward than most and I like the wheel lower than most.

Too far back or wheel too high and I feel like I'm on a bike with a very slack head tube angle, but that's just me.

Sponsored

Twinjayhawks

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon
I am 6’-5” and have no problems at all. I have plenty of room and can see everything.

Smooth9883

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLRU & 2018 WK2 Trailhawk
So being 6’7” and 275 I can say the JL is a tight fit. Everything is about perspective though. It’s so worth it!

I can barely read the top row of the digital dash, my head is close to the sound bar, the shoulder room is tighter than my grand Cherokee, my knees are right up to the dash, and when I take the top off my smile can’t get any bigger.

I was going to buy the seat rail extenders but I think I’ll hold off until I can get about another inch of headroom. I’m hoping someone comes out with a solution to lower the seat some how. Until then i’ll manage just fine :)
Sponsored