Sponsored

Tall people, big guys, you might want to reconsider the JL...

MBurgJL

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I am sorry this is the tall person's thread... 6'2" is sloghtsl above average not tall. :)
When people ask me if my son will be tall like me, I tell them "no he will only be 6'2" or 6'3". :turkey:
Sponsored

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
6'3" and 230 here... I was amazed at the headroom in the JLU with soft top when I drove it. I was comfy...actually really liked it. Good amount of room.

Jeep Jenn

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2-door Sport S
I am only 5' 8 1/2" but I have 29 inch inseam I have a very long torso and short legged. I have wide shoulders about 23 inches. Should I worry? My order is coming in about a week.
3 words (ok a bunch more) Telescoping Steering Colum... and 6 way adjustable seat... it is do able, you just have to put your seat so that you lean back a bit and have your shoulders behind your butt.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
6'3" and 230 here... I was amazed at the headroom in the JLU with soft top when I drove it. I was comfy...actually really liked it. Good amount of room.
So update, after a month with the JL, there IS plenty of head room at the roof panels but my concern is the sport bar. My head will almost surely smack the bar in a crash. So I have to keep my seat all the way down and almost all the way back. Then it becomes a little uncomfortable on my legs/back/knees on long trips. Overall, it's tighter and less comfy than the JKU. A little disappointing in that regard.

Sponsored

Jeepmarkjl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Marketing
Im 5'7" and a duct tape wooden blocks to my feet to reach the pedals - each time.

....Tall people problems.

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
So update, after a month with the JL, there IS plenty of head room at the roof panels but my concern is the sport bar. My head will almost surely smack the bar in a crash. So I have to keep my seat all the way down and almost all the way back. Then it becomes a little uncomfortable on my legs/back/knees on long trips. Overall, it's tighter and less comfy than the JKU. A little disappointing in that regard.
When the JLU is rear ended in a couple of crashes involving tall drivers, people will die.
Jeep will be sued in a class action x-tall suit by a lot of tall people's families.

Optica8

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
6’ 3”, 285, 34” inseam. No problems here.

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Has anyone found a solution to this yet? I’d really like to buy this car but it’s not worth the risk of dying from being to tall.

Movingday

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
I’m 6’4 and fit fine in the JL. Took a few rides to get the seat in the perfect position, but have zero issue now. A little more leg room would be nice, but it’s not bad with the steering wheel raised

Sponsored

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
When I sat in the JL my head hit the roll bar so it’s not an option. If the seat could be lowered more though it would really help. Need someone to make a bracket

doubletap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR
I am 6'4", 230#. I have spent a fair amount of time in JLs and have no problems with head room, finding a comfortable seat adjustment, Etc. The only problem I ever ran into is seeing the very top readout on the instrument cluster display.

neilsjoshn

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon JLU silver
Has anyone found a solution to this yet? I’d really like to buy this car but it’s not worth the risk of dying from being to tall.
I had my buddy extend the seat back as well as lower it at least two inches. I’m 6’8” and 320lbs and with the seat all the way back I can barley drive it, no way someone can sit behind me in that position but it’s nice as I have to put my seat up and I do a lot of long distance trips to the mountains and it’s not the roomies vehicle I own.