Sponsored

Tall Driver / Neck Pain

blemm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sahara
Anyone else feel there should be more headroom in the JL? I have had my 2018 JL Sahara for almost three years and have noticed I need to slouch my head forward to avoid having it hit the sports bar. I’m not able to find a comfortable seat position to have enough leg room while also not having to have my head touching the sports bar.

I recently noticed that after I drive my Jeep for either a long drive or a few days in a row, I have pain in the back of my neck. This pain will often last several hours or even several days. When I drive my wife’s car (Hyundai Tucson) which has more head room and avoid the Jeep for a few days, I do not have these issues.

I have seen some people recommend having an upholsterer remove foam from the seat, but would like to look for other solutions first. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

I love my Jeep, but this is seriously making me consider trading it in for something roomier.

For reference, I’m 6’2, 200 pounds with a 34 inch inseam.
Sponsored

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Anyone else feel there should be more headroom in the JL? I have had my 2018 JL Sahara for almost three years and have noticed I need to slouch my head forward to avoid having it hit the sports bar. I’m not able to find a comfortable seat position to have enough leg room while also not having to have my head touching the sports bar.

I recently noticed that after I drive my Jeep for either a long drive or a few days in a row, I have pain in the back of my neck. This pain will often last several hours or even several days. When I drive my wife’s car (Hyundai Tucson) which has more head room and avoid the Jeep for a few days, I do not have these issues.

I have seen some people recommend having an upholsterer remove foam from the seat, but would like to look for other solutions first. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

I love my Jeep, but this is seriously making me consider trading it in for something roomier.

For reference, I’m 6’2, 200 pounds with a 34 inch inseam.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...nd-tall-front-seat-drop-desert-does-it.68707/

CorvZ061

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler
I’m 6’2 with a 34” inseam also. I have no problem in my 2dr sport. I have to sit a little more upright but no problems. I also look at the traffic lights reflection on the hood rather than ducking to look at the light itself.

YJGUY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2018 F150, 2018 V-Strom 650
Desert Does It Seat Slammers will fix your problem as someone linked above.

I was the same, couldn't see lights, always hunched over and uncomfortable. Its a semi-permanent modification as you need to chop off part of the seat bracket. You could always get someone to weld it back on if needed. The difference in comfort and sightlines is night and day. Best mod I've done so far. I'm 6'6" for reference.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

Can not say i have this problem at 6'1 180 with a 34 inseem. i dont even hit my alien shade thats always in place. i keep my seat in the proper upright and locked position.lol i have heard great things about the desert does it seat slammers though.

vegasblue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I'm 6'2" with a 32" inseam. Yeah, long ass torso. I don't have a problem fitting in the Jeep but I have noticed wallet out of pocket and stop leaning right toward the armrest. I agree though, stoplights can be fun at times.
Sponsored