Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
  • Banned
Long story short, my friends looking for cars and me helping them look leads me to new car lust, and as far as the Audi's concerned, all that's left is upgraded diffs, big turbo and some aesthetics

107k miles, mechanically solid, just need to fix the front end and exhaust wise, would be cheaper to get a new exhaust, but also had it for 5yrs and again, next to bore/stroke or an engine swap, basically reached it's full potential
IMG_20190829_140038.jpg
IMG_20190823_191105.jpg
IMG_20190823_190853.jpg

Currently in the "thinking about it so I can get a new project" phase, change my mind
Sponsored

PaPasJP

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Don't sell it!

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
If you are one of those street racing morons in the stupid video you posted, please sell your car. It might save your life or someone else’s.

OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
If you are one of those street racing morons in the stupid video you posted, please sell your car. It might save your life or someone else’s.
Not street racing, but do wanna have more power

If I was gonna race, I'd take it to a track

Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Not street racing, but do wanna have more power

If I was gonna race, I'd take it to a track
:like: I’m glad. I used to be one of those idiots in my younger stupid days. The track is the only place for it.

OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
:like: I’m glad. I used to be one of those idiots in my younger stupid days. The track is the only place for it.
Not saying I never did a race or two, but thankfully nothing happened.

Still, just as I said, friends are looking and I feel like getting a hero car to go with the Hero Truck and future hero jeep

Hudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
German car out of warranty, approaching 110K miles (where cooling systems and electronics are generally known to fail)? I think you just need to read your original post! If that doesn't convince you to sell now, I don't think anything will.

German cars off warranty are just a debt waiting to be collected. The best I've done is a 1988 BMW 535i, which gave up the ghost around 145k k miles. It wasn't enough to scare me off - I bought an X3, and I'm currently rocking a 328d wagon with 74k miles, but looking at some pricey service around 100k miles I hope to do myself.

Last two cars I bought (intending to hand me down to my teen boys as they got their license) were, in comparison, cheap and trouble free.

I'm now partial to vintage air cooled Porsches. They are generally reliable, do require regular service, but at least they don't lose their value to the degree modern German cars do.

OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
German car out of warranty, approaching 110K miles (where cooling systems and electronics are generally known to fail)? I think you just need to read your original post! If that doesn't convince you to sell now, I don't think anything will.

German cars off warranty are just a debt waiting to be collected. The best I've done is a 1988 BMW 535i, which gave up the ghost around 145k k miles. It wasn't enough to scare me off - I bought an X3, and I'm currently rocking a 328d wagon with 74k miles, but looking at some pricey service around 100k miles I hope to do myself.

Last two cars I bought (intending to hand me down to my teen boys as they got their license) were, in comparison, cheap and trouble free.

I'm now partial to vintage air cooled Porsches. They are generally reliable, do require regular service, but at least they don't lose their value to the degree modern German cars do.
I mean, that 2.0t is Solid and it does have a car shield warranty, and there's this:
https://jhmotorsports.com/products/...bo-kit-w-tune-and-fueling-for-b7-a4-2-0t.html

It's just more "I've had it for 5 years and save that and these":

Done modding it save a new exhaust (Too loud) and eventually a new paintjob and having the seats dyed (red inserts)

One idea is an e36, especially as the shop that did this:

Isn't too far (45-60 mins depending on traffic)

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
I sold my ‘14 S5 to get a 2dr JLR. Zero regrets. Someday when I have the income to support two vehicles I’ll likely have a Wrangler and something similar to the Audi again. But the wrangler is now priority.
6EDDA246-E9AA-4ED6-9583-F7A88703A83A.jpeg

Sponsored

JFox97

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S5, 2020 2dr Rubicon
I sold my ‘14 S5 to get a 2dr JLR. Zero regrets. Someday when I have the income to support two vehicles I’ll likely have a Wrangler and something similar to the Audi again. But the wrangler is now priority.
6EDDA246-E9AA-4ED6-9583-F7A88703A83A.jpeg
Sorry to hear you had to release the S5, I was fortunate to keep the 14 S5 when I purchased the new Rubicon, only drove Audi twice since receiving the Jeep (waiting for novelty to fade) but when I drive the Audi it is amazing how Good it feels again, one of the best cars ever owned, good luck

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
Sorry to hear you had to release the S5, I was fortunate to keep the 14 S5 when I purchased the new Rubicon, only drove Audi twice since receiving the Jeep (waiting for novelty to fade) but when I drive the Audi it is amazing how Good it feels again, one of the best cars ever owned, good luck
I felt the same about it! It was an incredible machine and I only owned it for almost two years when I caught the Jeep bug. Only thing I added was an intake to let that sweet supercharger sing, I was planning on tuning once the warranty went out. Ended up a couple grand upside down on the trade in as I was originally planning on keeping it much longer, but I saw an opening and had to make it happen.

My buddy got a JLU at the beginning of summer and we discovered the unreal level of trails in our area and neither of us could stop the addiction so I ended up in the JLR almost immediately following our first big wheeling weekend. From a driveability standpoint I really like the 3.6/auto in this thing, manually shifting gives you that same type of Audi DSG fart I loved so much on the S5, and the pentastar is throaty and satisfying - I’m happy I can at least appreciate some level of performance here when I’m not climbing mountains.

5A85F65F-BF7E-4A69-9FE1-BAC4DFFDBC44.jpeg

JFox97

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S5, 2020 2dr Rubicon
I felt the same about it! It was an incredible machine and I only owned it for almost two years when I caught the Jeep bug. Only thing I added was an intake to let that sweet supercharger sing, I was planning on tuning once the warranty went out. Ended up a couple grand upside down on the trade in as I was originally planning on keeping it much longer, but I saw an opening and had to make it happen.

My buddy got a JLU at the beginning of summer and we discovered the unreal level of trails in our area and neither of us could stop the addiction so I ended up in the JLR almost immediately following our first big wheeling weekend. From a driveability standpoint I really like the 3.6/auto in this thing, manually shifting gives you that same type of Audi DSG fart I loved so much on the S5, and the pentastar is throaty and satisfying - I’m happy I can at least appreciate some level of performance here when I’m not climbing mountains.

5A85F65F-BF7E-4A69-9FE1-BAC4DFFDBC44.jpeg
Glad you are enjoying the new ride

Hitthegopedal

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Hopefully you sold it. There's nothing special about an A4. Looks like you're looking for performance, not transportation.

It's like me and Tom Brady wearing the same clothing - we may look similar but we have little in common in terms of performance.

Same with a non-M bimmer or non-AMG benz. The "non" cars are just transportation devices that share looks with the performance models.

OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully you sold it. There's nothing special about an A4. Looks like you're looking for performance, not transportation.

It's like me and Tom Brady wearing the same clothing - we may look similar but we have little in common in terms of performance.

Same with a non-M bimmer or non-AMG benz. The "non" cars are just transportation devices that share looks with the performance models.
Haven't sold it yet, its in my garage though damn is it fun when I do drive it. That said, I can replicate the fun in anything Manual, so why settle?

We'll see it's Ultimate fate, would prefer to trade over cash for a performance car, even if it needs some tlc. Superstitious, so gonna wait 2 weeks, though in the mean time, found some interesting replacements.

Never did sell a car, any advice on it?
Sponsored