Sponsored

Talk me out of it?

Fusilli Jerry

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (2.0T, 8spd)
About a month ago, my wife's vehicle needed to be replaced. I asked her what she wanted and all she told me was a 4 door white wrangler. What did this guy do? ... Well, I went out and bought her a 2022 JLUR Diesel. After about a month of driving, she decided she didn't like it and it was too small for her. Needless to say, I ended up getting rid of my truck and getting her a new Wagoneer. Fast forward to now, and I find myself missing the aspects of a truck. Been a jeep guy all my life and I'm sitting on the fence about keeping this Wrangler or trading it in on a Gladiator.

I'm a bit of a country boy so truck beds are nice to have, but I do a lot of hunting too. Not going to throw a whitetail in the back of a Wrangler.

Have any of you been on the fence between the JL and the JT? What pushed you one way or another?
LOL, but I did throw a whitetail in the back of my Wrangler :) Of course, I lined it with a tarp and he was laying in a jetsled to catch the blood and i had to keep the liftgate open while I drove him down to the taxidermist (which was only about 6 miles away).

But it's definitely not "ideal," i'd agree.
Sponsored

Fusilli Jerry

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (2.0T, 8spd)
I really dig the Gladiator, I was debating the same choice. The price put me off, but I think it's a great option for you, unless you do a lot of offroading on tight trails.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 JT
I really dig the Gladiator, I was debating the same choice. The price put me off, but I think it's a great option for you, unless you do a lot of offroading on tight trails.
The difference in the base price of a Rubicon Gladiator vs. a Rubicon Wrangler Unlimited is $1,730. You get a lot of towing and payload capacity for that. Tight trails in a Gladiator are significantly more work, but are still doable.

537603E6-6907-4D1D-A455-FC544AD9EFDC.jpeg

6F750BD8-C784-4CCB-A641-8743DD1DFA06.jpeg

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
i was seriously considering a JT Mojave, but a number of things worked against it for me.

- interior space was lacking; i wanted more secure room to throw stuff inside, like a bicycle, or the dog, or me if i had to wait out severe weather (again).
- wheelbase; nice on the highway, yeah, but a drawback on tight trails, and a bit to manage if trying to park anywhere urban.
- bed length and payload; not long enough to fit a full-size adventure moto into, and with an 1,175lb payload, not much capacity to carry much of anything else once you load a couple of Adv bikes into it (even if you could fit 2 in there).
- couldn't get the EcoDiesel in the Mojave when i was shopping.

Bowhunter23

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR-4xe, '85 CJ-7
My deer go on a hitch rack. Much cheaper than a new vehicle.
Without pics it never happened right? Soā€¦
Also pointing out just how much crap you can mount to the hitch.

B6F11C33-A03D-47E6-8CD1-4F298BABED71.jpeg

55720AD8-0C4C-4B1E-B37A-D8FB4EADFA24.jpeg

Sponsored

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed
I NEED a JT. I often have two passengers so a four door would be great. Im into bicycling, dirt bike riding and land sailing. Not to mention home improvement so a truck bed would be awesome.

I bought a 2 dr Rubicon because thatā€™s what I want to drive daily and on the trail.

Four doors suck. I have no regrets

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
Completely off topic, love your username :)
oq22m8xczzc71.png

Vinman

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Iā€™d say trade the Wrangler in for a Gladiator, drive the Gladiator for a few months until you realize you still donā€™t have a truck then trade it in for a proper truck.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T

Sponsored

nyglt56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL XR | 2008 WK CRD | 2003 TJ
Iā€™d say trade the Wrangler in for a Gladiator, drive the Gladiator for a few months until you realize you still donā€™t have a truck then trade it in for a proper truck.
Great logic.
Sponsored