First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 2017 VW Alltrack, 2003 VW Eurovan
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Sell the Jeep and buy a Bronco. I hear that the Jeep crowd is going over there as it has IFS.:)
Sponsored

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
I think the next JL is supposed to look something like this????
Jeep Wrangler JL Talk me out of it? 1651520725843

treesmacker

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Sport S 2.0, 2013 Honda Accord V6
Also, trailers do wonders . ..

I was the guy that always insisted on the 8ft truck bed, to put all my stuff in.. Then one day, I saw the light ... a Trailer that you pull with your truck / wagoneer / JL / etc ..
I recently pulled a 5 x 8' U-Haul trailer loaded up to about 1,500 lbs with my 2021 JLU 2.0T for about 875 miles; I could barely tell the trailer was there. A light utility trailer would be great behind a JLU.

Sponsored

Mudduck

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys 4door
Cyber truck for the win! I hear they have a Mocha Frappe dispenser in the glove box, and protruding rubber anti-theft devices in built into the seat.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Just get a hitch rack and a tarp. Or a small trailer. Or just get the JTR if you dont need the shorter wheelbase of the JLUR the JTR my suit your needs better.

The JTR seems like a great hunting truck to me. Also sure you could get a taco or wtvever, but the JTR has lockers, solid axles, and all that good stuff. It also resembles a Jeep and can go topless/doorless.

SilentBanshee424

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Sport S, 2004 Moto Guzzi 750
My cousin got a JT Sport S Diesel and he and I both love it. Great power, great handling, 28mpg, and all the fun of a Jeep. Yeah, it's not a truck, and yeah, it's not a Jeep. But if you want the fun feeling of a Jeep and the utility of a truck, there's nothing else like it. What other truck is a convertible (other than the Dodge Dakota from the 90's)?

He got his Gladiator before I got my Wrangler. His JT convinced me to get my JL and he has no regrets at all. Go for it, dude.

John VonJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Also sure you could get a taco or wtvever, but the JTR has lockers, solid axles, and all that good stuff. It also resembles a Jeep and can go topless/doorless.
Tacos have got to be the most boring vehicle you can buy. Horrible seats and seating position, thin paint, lousy engine and transmission, older than dirt (but not older than a 4Runner), can’t really go above 33s, etc.

”But muh reliabiliteh!”

I mean, that is literally the only argument for buying a Taco over a JT, Ranger, or Colorado.

Jeep Wrangler JL Talk me out of it? 1651524530528

KrispyKotex

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Rubicon Snazzberry
Occupation
USN Submariner (ret), IT Analyst/Network Engineer
When I need a truck I borrow my friends. Otherwise, I have a 6x12 single axle trailer, or a hitch basket for hunting. For the price of a JT, a larger more capable full size truck might make better sense.

Sponsored

O)()()()()(O

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
My deer go on a hitch rack. Much cheaper than a new vehicle.
Exactly this. the hitch rack is great. Went from a 1500 to the JL and was a little concerned. i use a hitch extender to buy a little clearance past the spare. You can use it when hauling extra gear too. NO problem hauling a whitetail. Use a tarp if your worried about road debris.

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
About a month ago, my wife's vehicle needed to be replaced. I asked her what she wanted and all she told me was a 4 door white wrangler. What did this guy do? ... Well, I went out and bought her a 2022 JLUR Diesel. After about a month of driving, she decided she didn't like it and it was too small for her. Needless to say, I ended up getting rid of my truck and getting her a new Wagoneer. Fast forward to now, and I find myself missing the aspects of a truck. Been a jeep guy all my life and I'm sitting on the fence about keeping this Wrangler or trading it in on a Gladiator.

I'm a bit of a country boy so truck beds are nice to have, but I do a lot of hunting too. Not going to throw a whitetail in the back of a Wrangler.

Have any of you been on the fence between the JL and the JT? What pushed you one way or another?
Keep the JLUR. When you need to do truck things, do what I do, strap a utility trailer to it (buy one or rent as needed).

Jeep Wrangler JL Talk me out of it? AF192AED-C396-4435-8958-3F581FD21506_1_105_c

(ˆˆˆ me picking up my mounted 37s from the tire shop the first week after getting my JLUR)