First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport S, 2017 Lexus ES-350
Occupation
Department of Defense Program Manager
So - looking at 2 2021 JL Sport S, one in Firecracker Red, other in Gecko Green. Red is 2.0, Gecko is V6. Aside from that, optioned out the same with technology package and hardtop. Red has always been my favorite color, heck - I even laid red and black rubber tile in my garage. But there is just something about that Gecko color - not sure I like it, but I keep looking at it. One thing's for sure - couldnt lose it in a crowded parking lot.

I know, color is subjective. I also know there is a Gecko thread, but of course all of those folks are biased - what do you mainstream folks think about the color?
Sponsored

Old Dogger

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKR, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Retired High level Management.
What is the first thing that one see, when walking out every morning to ones Wrangler. THE COLOR. So this should rank very high on ones list when buying. What other's think, really shouldn't matter. Because only you have to be satisfied with your choice.

OP
OP
friedenfels

friedenfels

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
What is the first thing that one see, when walking out every morning to ones Wrangler. THE COLOR. So this should rank very high on ones list when buying. What other's think, really shouldn't matter. Because only you have to be satisfied with your choice.
I agree, just thinking out loud I guess.

Dan M.

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport (2 door)
Both are good choices. Only thing I will say is Gecko will definetly stick out in a crowd more than the red.

Hearhear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus, 392 XR Wrangler
I honestly don't care for either color, but I really like gecko green- on other peoples Jeeps. It catches the eye for sure, more than red IMO. Since I can’t really recommend one over the other, I would say if you’re a bit wild go with the green. A little more reserved, go with red. And for kicks (and resale value?) here’s the most popular colors for SUV’s the past 10 years:

1. White (24.5%)
  2. Black (20.5%)
  3. Gray (19%)
  4. Silver (11.5%)
  5. Blue (10%)
  6. Red (8.5%)
  7. Green (3%)
  8. Gold/Beige (1.5%)
  9. Brown (1%)
  10. Orange (0.5%)
But that Gecko Green is very tempting….

Sponsored

OP
OP
friedenfels

friedenfels

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I honestly don't care for either color, but I really like gecko green- on other peoples Jeeps. It catches the eye for sure, more than red IMO. Since I can’t really recommend one over the other, I would say if you’re a bit wild go with the green. A little more reserved, go with red. And for kicks (and resale value?) here’s the most popular colors for SUV’s the past 10 years:

1. White (24.5%)
  2. Black (20.5%)
  3. Gray (19%)
  4. Silver (11.5%)
  5. Blue (10%)
  6. Red (8.5%)
  7. Green (3%)
  8. Gold/Beige (1.5%)
  9. Brown (1%)
  10. Orange (0.5%)
But that Gecko Green is very tempting….
Very interesting. While I actually like White, wouldnt have guessed it would be in first place. You are right about the green - I liked Mojito better, but something about the Gecko just keeps me looking at it.

They just got in one in Granite that has the 3.6etorque and the 8.4 package with Alpine. Might have to look at that one too.

JABCAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GC High Altitude 4x4, '22 JLU on order
Occupation
College Professor
Very interesting. While I actually like White, wouldnt have guessed it would be in first place. You are right about the green - I liked Mojito better, but something about the Gecko just keeps me looking at it.

They just got in one in Granite that has the 3.6etorque and the 8.4 package with Alpine. Might have to look at that one too.
Those popularity results should be taken with a grain of salt. Most people don’t order their vehicles but choose from what is available on dealer lots. Dealers know they’ll have an easier time selling bland-colored vehicles vs wild-colored vehicles so that is what they order.
Re: Jeep - white is the only no-cost color so most dealers order a lot of white for retail stock.

That being said, I’ve owned a Wrangler in Pearlstone (think Jurassic Park Jeep), Gun metal blue, fire cracker red, granite crystal, and our ‘22 order is Sting-grey. My wife’s ‘20 Grand Cherokee is Velvet Red Pearl or the same as Snazzberry on the Wrangler. Our original ‘22 order was Gecko, but it was discontinued. Mojito is definitely a better green than Gecko, but if you want to stand out, it’s a good choice.

Morris4x4

First Name
Morris 4x4
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.morris4x4center.com
Vehicle(s)
JL, '13 JK
Nope never will talk anyone out of a gecko haha. It's my "rarity" (if you want to call it that) twin back during the JK color run. My buddy had the gecko so I couldn't match him although I was more so just trying to hunt for either color if any dealers had them. I like bold and I like being able to find my Jeep in the parking lot of blacks, greys, and whites.

-Julia

Sponsored

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
Gecko green is probably the ugliest color I've seen on a Jeep, well on any vehicle really. First time I saw it I didn't realize it was factory. I thought it was a prank someone pulled on an ex-wife or husband. It's definitely a joke, but not a funny one...still makes me laugh out loud when I see one though. I guess one of those jokes you laugh at, but not to the person's face.

It screams mall-crawler, wanna-be off-roader, attention-whore. Wanna look like you need everyone looking at you? Well, if that's the question, Gecko is the answer. You'll probably need to drive around with the top off just to get your ego in the rig, ammirite?

Cjanak21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber Security Consultant
Pretty loud color, but I kinda like it, would personally get it over a pink/yellow/purple color.

XJfanatic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2020 JT, 1990 Mustang
Build Thread
Link
While I have my color preferences I hardly get them. Normally I just look for the best deal with the motor/drivetrain I want. That’s how I ended up with two of the 50 shades…

That being said granite crystal is kind of brown at times.

OP
OP
friedenfels

friedenfels

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
While I have my color preferences I hardly get them. Normally I just look for the best deal with the motor/drivetrain I want. That’s how I ended up with two of the 50 shades…

That being said granite crystal is kind of brown at times.
That I did not know, and that is information one can USE!
Sponsored