First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
The area right below my doors is taking a lot of trail rash. While researching something to bolt there, I discovered bolt-on rocker covers. There are offerings from Hammerhead, DV8, Metalcloak, ACE, and Fishbone Offroad, among probably others. The Metalcloak are thinner and lighter and require fewer holes, but I don't have a Metalcloak Jeep. I would have had a Metalcloak Jeep, but I'm just too broke white trash to afford that much gold. I ended up going with TeraFlex on the lift, and Rock Krawler on the track bars, even though I'm sure the Game Changer is the best thing since the invention of Utah. I mean pinball. Wait, I mean USB-C. Crap. Fire. I mean fire. The best thing since the invention of fire.

I don't really have a Fishbone Jeep either, but if I'm going to wear a company's logo in a prominent location, I like the Fishbone logo. Dumbest rationale ever, huh? I think their logo is bad ass, and I would love to have more Fishbone stuff on my Jeep, even though it's all made in China, and I feel like kind of an idiot.

So yeah. Anyway, the scale armor was out of stock with a 12+ week backorder for the longest time, and then one day I got notification that it was back in stock. I pulled the trigger, and when they arrived, they were allllllllll screwed up.
Jeep Wrangler JL Talk me into/out of Fishbone Scale Armor 1632112759582

Yeah, I could clean up the bare metal and hit them with some farm paint, but for over $300, I decided to go for the return instead.

Now I find myself wondering if I shouldn't just go for the refund. Is it REALLY worth drilling 42 holes in my brand new 10,000 mile Jeep to install this stuff?

Will it look bad ass, or just make me look like a tool who is advertising for a company at my own expense?

Jeep Wrangler JL Talk me into/out of Fishbone Scale Armor 1632112870442

Will I regret using the supplied nut-serts instead of buying my own in stainless? Am I going to screw this job up and hate myself forever, or will I think they're awesome and pat myself on the back forever for my wicked badass Jeep?

Sigh.

If I seem indecisive and drunk, that's because I've had one too many shots of Makers Mark. Sorry, sober people, I regret having had to disappoint you.
Sponsored

OP
OP
omnitonic

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
truck driver
Also, in a completely random an irrelevant segue, my Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ P3s sure leave pretty footprints in the sand you find at 3000' of elevation. Holy shit, that is one sexy tire!

Or maybe it isn't. Maybe I have sexual tire issues, and I am attracted to inappropriate footprints. All I know is I met three different super hot women in the flesh today, who asked lots of questions about my Jeep, and I posted pictures of my tire tracks. I'm kind of done with women, honestly. Sure, you have the tightest, most sexy butt I've seen since my old lady dumped me for Captain Disability the Deadbeat Unemployment Dad, but have you SEEN my tire tracks? Holy crap my tire tracks are SEXY!

Jeep Wrangler JL Talk me into/out of Fishbone Scale Armor 1632113210969

OP
OP
omnitonic

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
truck driver
I'm too sexy for my tire tracks
Too sexy for my tire tracks
So sexy it hurts
And I'm too sexy for my tire tracks
Mickey Thompson FTW
And I'm too sexy for my tire tracks
No way I'm disco dancing

Sponsored

OP
OP
omnitonic

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
truck driver
Your tracks should have their own Instagram page
Instagram is for hot girls. I'm not hot, and even if I decided to identify as a girl, I would be a seriously ugly girl.

It is what it is.

OP
OP
omnitonic

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
truck driver

I'm still interested in learning if I'm the only JL Wrangler Forums loser to drink the alcohol and click the credit card to obtain the aforementioned.

JGlanton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green JLURXR, Outback
Occupation
Dog trainer
I'm still interested in learning if I'm the only JL Wrangler Forums loser to drink the alcohol and click the credit card to obtain the aforementioned.
Pshhh! 🤤 I drank the alcohol and clicked the credit card on the whole damn Jeep.

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
I got through paragraph one and was like “OP’s drunk” then confirmed it later in the post.

Come back to the thread when you sober up OP! Don’t buy jeep parts drunk!

OP
OP
omnitonic

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
truck driver
I got through paragraph one and was like “OP’s drunk” then confirmed it later in the post.

Come back to the thread when you sober up OP! Don’t buy jeep parts drunk!
For the record, I wasn't drunk when I bought the Jeep parts. I was definitely drunk when I was posting last night, which I openly admitted.

I decided to go for the replacement. I'll talk myself into drilling the 42 holes eventually.
Sponsored