Endless Summer

Endless Summer

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 AMG E63S
That looks incredible to me. Thank you for sharing.. It also makes me laugh at the guys talking about "rubber band" tires... I get it - the 16s + 40s is far more equipped with sidewalls for the nastiest trails that they will never go to... I *love* this look and know that for me personally, my use case - I would find it highly unlikely that I will outreach the capabilities of 37s/20s. Thank you for posting that. I'm sold.
Sponsored

Roadglide

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
I think your biggest issue is you want to go on sand. You need to air down to increase the tire foot print on sand or you will dig in and get bogged. Ideally you want more sidewall to get a bigger foot print when aired down. So consider how important this is to you and maybe compromise on a slightly smaller wheel.
They would look cool in South Beach or LA. PItbull and the Kardashians run 20's. :)

Mike_1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL
They would look cool in South Beach or LA. PItbull and the Kardashians run 20's. :)
Sure, maybe back in the day. 20’s were the “it” wheel size back in the early 2000’s. Nowadays, those celebrities run 24’s and up. Heck, our 2016 stock mid size SUV came stock with 20’s.

Zambezi

First Name
sagar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL 2021
I have a jeep JL 2021 on 20s and 35" tires - no issues off-roading. Plus I air down. Moderate trails no problem, I don't do any rock crawling and don't intend too. Its a myth - you can run 20s on 35s -if you dont do rock crawling. 3" is not going to make a difference.
Jeep Wrangler JL Talk me into or out of 20" wheels and 35" tires - Rubi ima

Sponsored

AC77

First Name
AC Abegian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Wrangler diesel Sahara Altitude , 94 MKIV
Occupation
Autobody , singer-songwriter
"Totally get I'm gonna get torched on the subjective - but to me it looks fucking stupid to have 17" wheels and 37s for a truck that sees offroad 4x a year"

You also have to realize almost everyone on this forum thinks it looks fucking stupid to have 20 inch rims on a vehicle purpose built for off-roading. The same as if it became a fad to put M/T's on Lambos, it would look stupid to most people, but there is a market for everyone.
Im on 20x33's , and a 2" lift, looks awesome - I have friends with lifts and 35's 37's and 40's , i have gone overlanding, trailing and off roading , in the mud, river banks, and none of them have ever done it, for them its that " look" , and yes they are my buddy' but!, no purpose to add all that crap and then complain about fuel/mpg's , my Diesel is perfect for me and the way i made it look for everyday driving , with all the suspension mods- front and rear track bars, lift, winch and a few tasteful stuff, so im there with you , i get it .

Mr. Curti

First Name
Justin Curti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL EcoDiesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Dairy Farmer
Vehicle Showcase
I say run what you like. It’s your rig and your vision. Don’t let anyone manipulate your desires to run 20’s. And for anyone that says it’s not going to work, they need to first state whether or not they have tried it before. Or at least tried something similar to what you plan on running.
Sponsored