Talk me down!!

AmarilloJLU

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4Xe Rubicon on order
No offer from dealer other than they will reorder it, a bit sad but I’m going to price shop Jim butler in line, mo for it. It’s a firecracker red, it will live in a garage (work and home) except for camp trips. I prefer the saddle color and yes heat is part of that preference
Saddle leather in a firecracker red 4xe would look great. I was very close to going with that combination when I ordered my 4Xe.
Sponsored

michail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Found my near build 200 miles away and was surprised the leather wasn't black. The non black seats were just the surprise that made it my build. I just hadn't expeted that one

Took owersip not even 4 weeks from build date. :D

GearWhore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 1972 Arctic Cat Climber, 2006 Triumph Speed Triple
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Gentleman Explorer
We ordered the saddle interior and really happy with the color. Especially the darker tan after 2018-19 models.

jonahgetz

First Name
Jonah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Billet Silver
Saddle leather is what you want. I wanted tan, everyone I know said black stays clean. I ordered tan. I love them!!! My other car has tan seats, owned for 10 years. Use “Tuff Stuff” spray, takes 2 mins to clean a stain. It’s not that hard.

ITGuy

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
Another huge fan of the tan here, I really love mine, and it changes the dash color as well if you aren’t a fan of red the saddle gives you a gray dash also, so it’s not just the seats.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mgg253

Mgg253

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
@ITGuy How sure are you of this? Oh man would that elevate my frustration if this happens again in 5 weeks! And what would the color of the seats matter to them???

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
Mine isn't a 4xe but it is a black Rubi. I ordered mine with the saddle leather for a couple of reasons.
1. I live in Florida and I don't want to sit on a volcano every time I take the top off.
2. I'm not the biggest fan of the red dash (I know this isn't pertinent info for the 4xe member)

I did catch some heat for choosing saddle, but I love it and I know I would have been disappointed with the black. If anyone else is like me, when I ordered my Jeep, I had a vision of what it would look like and had it not turned out exactly how I had envisioned it, it would have been a source of annoyance. Good luck! Keep us updated! :captain:

48thChamber

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.groundswell-studio.com
Vehicle(s)
93 YJ Wrangler, 2021 Willys JLU O|||||||O
Occupation
Marketing & Creative Director / Web Designer
I'd reorder and get what you want. I think the firecracker with the tan leather looks amazing! I put in an order in March and it was at the dealership 12 days later. You could get lucky with your timeline like I did.

ITGuy

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
@ITGuy How sure are you of this? Oh man would that elevate my frustration if this happens again in 5 weeks! And what would the color of the seats matter to them???
It depends on the model, for the rubicon non-4xe for example, unless you get tan seats you will end up with a red dash which I much preferred the gray.

im certain the seats change the dash on non-4xe vehicles.

Sponsored

Baconator

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler
Why can't the dealer swap the seats with a different JL with saddle that's already on the lot? This would annoy the hell out of me.

Knowing my own impulsiveness, I would say 'fine' and then I'd always look at the black leather when I got in, and would think "I should have reordered".

Hopefully they will find a way to make it right w/ some goodies. Good luck.

Jeepchrysler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 jk
I would reorder, one of the reasons I ordered with tan is to avoid all the blue stitching.

OP
OP
Mgg253

Mgg253

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
For those following, I have been confirmed the JLUR 4xe had a $1,8xx.xx price increase... dealer is looking what if anything they can do and pending on if the dealer eats that or not I will either reorder from current dealer or Steve in Linn,MO! Steve’s price including the price hike beats my price by about a grand, but if that turns into 2800 it will be worth a 700 mile drive.

I’m 99% sure the reorder route is my chosen path unless they’ll offer katzkins on my current build

CBR2200

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
I ordered my Rubicon 4xe with black leather because it looks great with the blue stitching. I kind of wanted brown leather but that changes the stitching too. What exterior color did you order?

OP
OP
Mgg253

Mgg253

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
I ordered my Rubicon 4xe with black leather because it looks great with the blue stitching. I kind of wanted brown leather but that changes the stitching too. What exterior color did you order?
Red
Sponsored