First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Willys, 2015 Toyota Sienna XLE
Occupation
Restaurant Manager
This is a tough spot for sure. If it were me, I'd just roll with it. As some have mentioned, the price for the 4XE has increased by $2,000 this month supposedly. I wouldn't want to take the risk of having to take that hit. If your dealer is awesome they might swap seats for you since it sounds like it's their mistake (or at least definitely not YOUR mistake). $2,000 will get you some seat covers, lots of beer, and you'll be able to enjoy your Jeep much sooner.
Sponsored

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
I'd keep this one and tell the dealer to put Katzkin in it to correct it.

Realistically, I'm guessing the dealer will say "no, you can reorder and I will sell this one" so they don't eat the cost.

I'd see if you can get the dealer to split the cost with you and throw in ventilated seats or something else to make it worth your time.

I've always been curious about Katzkin.....

Last edited:

WhereRU_A-A-Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Willys, 2015 Toyota Sienna XLE
Occupation
Restaurant Manager
I'd keep this one and tell the dealer to put Katskinz in it to correct it.

Realistically, I'm guessing the dealer will say "no, you can reorder and I will sell this one" so they don't eat the cost.

I'd see if you can get the dealer to split the cost with you and throw in ventilated seats or something else to make it worth your time.

I've always been curious about katskinz.....
Our friends had Katzkin leather added to their Subaru that didn't have leather as an option on the trim they bought. It looked factory and very good.

AmarilloJLU

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4Xe Rubicon on order
I am biased as I have the saddle leather with the sting gray 4xe Rubicon and I love it. I agree with what others have said. If you were to get it off the lot then it is what it is, if you are ordering it get what you want. Yes, you will have to start the wait over again but you will have the Jeep longer than the wait time so it will be worth it in the end. Good luck with your decision.

Sponsored

Demonic

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
If you have the dealer contact the regional rep they can sometimes still get it changed without having to reorder.

JLBoucher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2DR Willys 6MT
A couple of things to remember with a lighter color:
- Pay attention to the pants your buying because if they're cheap, they will taint your seat;
- They'll always look dirty as soon as you'll open the windows;
- Nobody will ever not buy your car because of the seats color if it's black.

Now, with that in mind, d'you want to go back in line with a new order? Second option: can your dealer order saddle seats and install them since the factory f'd up?

LittleDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara JLU
I dunno folks. OP lives in Colorado. Light coloured seats might be an iimportant factor. I've the tan cloth seats, and white hardtop / tan softtop myself, all for heat mitigation.

Important variables: lease/purchase, daily driver. Maybe important: exterior colour contrast. Need more input.

If you're planning on having this vehicle until it breaks down, might as well have it look pretty and be happy every time you look inside, instead of annoy you slightly every single time you enter. If you're planning on changing vehicles in 3 years/ 39 months, save the money/time for vacations, travel, and fun.

See what the dealer offers, and put that on your scale.

OP
OP
Mgg253

Mgg253

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
No offer from dealer other than they will reorder it, a bit sad but I’m going to price shop Jim butler in line, mo for it. It’s a firecracker red, it will live in a garage (work and home) except for camp trips. I prefer the saddle color and yes heat is part of that preference

LittleDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara JLU
No offer from dealer other than they will reorder it, a bit sad but I’m going to price shop Jim butler in line, mo for it. It’s a firecracker red, it will live in a garage (work and home) except for camp trips. I prefer the saddle color and yes heat is part of that preference
Then go with what you love. Plenty of even more difficult decisions in this life, why sweat it on the jeep?

That said, if you get black seats, I'm going to lord it over you with my cool butt in the summer.

Sponsored

displayname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I would 100% reorder if I was in your shoes. But before I did, I'd honestly do a little homework and roll up to the dealership with some ammo.

Two things I'd research, with associated lines for the dealer...
- Closest possible match off the lot, preferably at another dealer.
Line: "If I'm not getting exactly what I wanted to order, I'd just get one right off the lot. And dealer XYZ has one on the lot and confirmed I could roll away with it tomorrow."

- Other dealers who can price match within one percent of your current deal.
Line: "You can fix it, or I can take my business elsewhere. Dealer XYZ has already confirmed they can execute EXACTLY what I ordered for almost the same price. If my production time is going to get pushed back, I might as well push it back with someone who hasn't failed to execute for me."

Some people aren't willing to put in that effort, which is understandable. It's a lot of time to get those lines in order. But that's 100% what I'd do. I like to reinforce that they aren't the only option for customers.

AMC_CJ

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Curious
I dunno folks. OP lives in Colorado. Light coloured seats might be an iimportant factor. I've the tan cloth seats, and white hardtop / tan softtop myself, all for heat mitigation.

That's a BINGO for me living in Colorado. Black leather seats in the dry summer heat here will melt you. The sun up here is a lot more intense than most folks realize. I swore I'd never do black leather seats again after the last car I had with them. Would sweat through the back of my shirt. Have saddle brown in my current vehicle, and after 8+ yrs of being a primary family car that's been beat to all hell, the leather still looks great.

TDangelo1219

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4Xe
More and more are showing up on dealer lots. I’d ask your dealer to find one and dealer trade it. The dealer should be willing to do that for you. If not find another dealer. At the end of the day get what you love! Sounds like you keep your vehicles for a bit so either way waiting a little bit will be worth it in the long run. You can run a dealer search on Jeep’s website and find the one you want. Then tell your dealer to trade yours for it. That’s my 2 cents.

OP
OP
Mgg253

Mgg253

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
ugh... I hate being impatient, guess I needed time to process I won’t have the jeep for my June trip where I will been 90 mile drive to Moab. I think at the end of the day I plan to have this jeep until it blows up as it will become a third veh or my sons in 8-10 years. So yep I will be reordering assuming prices don’t change tomorrow and getting what I want... oh that and I have another dealer putting together a quote. It would have to beat the price I got by at least 2500 to be worth it, but sounds like some of you on here have done that! I was at 1% under invoice

appreciate all the community and insight here, an extra 4-5 weeks will hardly be felt at the end of the day

Dryver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe "Bridgette"
ugh... I hate being impatient, guess I needed time to process I won’t have the jeep for my June trip where I will been 90 mile drive to Moab. I think at the end of the day I plan to have this jeep until it blows up as it will become a third veh or my sons in 8-10 years. So yep I will be reordering assuming prices don’t change tomorrow and getting what I want... oh that and I have another dealer putting together a quote. It would have to beat the price I got by at least 2500 to be worth it, but sounds like some of you on here have done that! I was at 1% under invoice

appreciate all the community and insight here, an extra 4-5 weeks will hardly be felt at the end of the day
Sounds like you're set on the saddle, but here's some more input. My order got screwed up (black top instead of body color) due to a Jeep ordering system change. The dealer got me a CDI number from Stellantis (certain designated individual), which is 5% under invoice. It doesn't cost the dealership anything. Since you're at 1% under invoice, getting a CDI number should be good for at least another $2K off your sales price. See if the dealer can push for that, then use the difference to have the dealer swap the black leather for Katzkin in whatever color you want. Works out for both of you that way.
Sponsored