Talk me down!!

Mgg253

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Someone talk me off the ledge! I ordered 3/26 just got my build sheet today. I looked over it like a 7 year old unwrapping the biggest Christmas present under the tree.... and the leather was changed from saddle to black. Reached out to my dealer and he just apologized and said the factory changed it with no explanation. He offered to reorder since it’s not restricted! I’m worried about starting the timeline over with all the production delays on the 4xe and broader veh market... not like I can’t live without the saddle color, I just really love it! Plus a reorder makes me miss a lot of perfect summer days to go topless
Sponsored

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
I can’t say I’ve ever been in your position. Everything I’ve bought was off the lot. I’d be nervous to go with a lighter colored leather though, seems like it could get stained easily. Maybe you could negotiate a discount...

OP
OP
Mgg253

Mgg253

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
I can’t say I’ve ever been in your position. Everything I’ve bought was off the lot. I’d be nervous to go with a lighter colored leather though, seems like it could get stained easily. Maybe you could negotiate a discount...
I asked what they can do for the change, then I guess I decide. I have the tan/brown leather in my overland summit GC and it looks soooo good, it’s a 2012 and no stains or issues with it in the 8 years I’ve owned it

Sponsored

SnB4xe

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler High Altitude 4xe
Someone talk me off the ledge! I ordered 3/26 just got my build sheet today. I looked over it like a 7 year old unwrapping the biggest Christmas present under the tree.... and the leather was changed from saddle to black. Reached out to my dealer and he just apologized and said the factory changed it with no explanation. He offered to reorder since it’s not restricted! I’m worried about starting the timeline over with all the production delays on the 4xe and broader veh market... not like I can’t live without the saddle color, I just really love it! Plus a reorder makes me miss a lot of perfect summer days to go topless
In my experience, then the factory changes something on the build sheet then it usually means there was a mid line production change. Is there a regional rep that you can talk to and find out? Re-ordering still might not get you what you want if that color has been discontinued.

Has your Jeep been built already or just scheduled for assembly? Sometimes the standard color shows up anyway and you have to look down lower on the build sheet to see the special order color. I haven't seen a build sheet for these vehicles so I am not sure how they are laid out. (I deal with the fleet side of things mostly......F-550s/Ram 5500 etc...)

Good luck.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
FYI the dark saddle in the JL is more like light tan color, so you probably aren’t missing out much.

Sponsored

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
Just be careful because the price has went up 2K and a reorder may be at that price increase.

Briiiiiian

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Diesel Rubicon
Consider Katskins leather. It is almost certainly a dealer option. I made a dealer put leather in mine, and this is what they added on a JK few years back. As good or better than factory leather. Fit and finish. No, like really. I'd make them do that and as someone else said, add heated seats or some other perk for the Fiat dumbass penalty.

Jhint77

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon Sting Gray
Occupation
A&P Mechanic
There is a few threads talking about the price increase of the 4XE. I would be concerned about changing the order and getting hit with that increase.

OP
OP
Mgg253

Mgg253

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
There was a change when I ordered it, it was still open to changes but was a scheduled dealer stock model with black leather. At that time they called the RSM to confirm we could change it and I immediately put the deposit down. Every other addition I wanted got added...

Now I’m worried about the price increase