First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
Foofy has gotten to old to make it into the throat-high bed of my truck, and I can't pick her ass up, so I switched her to riding in the back seats, accessible via suicide doors.
Rest in peace, Foofy. I found this thread again, looking for inspiration now that I've taken the rear seat out. I wasn't really prepared to see Foofy again. Damn, I loved that dog!

I got the Jeep for Foofy. She couldn't walk very well, but she loved to sit back there and ride with mud flying through the windows. She died at Christmas, and I got a puppy. Daphne loves to run, and she just gets bored, and wants to stop riding and go run. One time, I stopped, and Daphne ran through all the mud holes I had just traversed in the Jeep. I don't wheel much anymore, because Daphne just doesn't like bumping around very much, but I do go to all the hiking trails now, and I've lost 40 pounds. As long as I'm spending lots of time off pavement, my Jeep still feels at home.

Daphne is in heat, and all her dog friends are intact males. I've kept her away from other dogs for three weeks, and she's going stir crazy, so I got her a puppy.

I thought about different seat delete options, and decided to try just yanking the seat. I think two Great Danes will have plenty of space that way, and it's a lot harder to get out the windows. If I built a platform so I could store stuff underneath, I would only have about 11" of storage anyway. That's not even enough for my ARB recovery bag.

I'm working through the details of where I'm going with this, but I'm thinking about replacing the seat back with a truck toolbox. Put all my gear in the toobox. Pad the toolbox so it's gentle when they slam into it in due course. That's where my thinking is taking me, but I haven't looked at toolboxes yet, or thought about how to mount one.

Teaser picture of the new pups. Daphne is a year old, and Phoebe is 17 weeks.

Jeep Wrangler JL Taking your dog in the Jeep. 1696538773747

Off to the bad place to earn my monthly payments. So many monthly payments.