Taking your dog in the Jeep.

Lager

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon Diesel
In my JLU I use this hammock thingy I got from Amazon. It keeps my two 70lbs dogs in the back and protects the seats.
Jeep Wrangler JL Taking your dog in the Jeep. iBuddy
Sponsored

Wbino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
Aargh, I'll never be able to look at a Chili's restaurant sign without thinking this now.
Do yourself a favor and avoid the produce dept.

danm

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2-Door Sting Gray
2-door Jeep with rear seat removed. Perfect for 2 border collies
^^^ this ^^^
my doggo stands on my center console, which gives him a good view out the front windshield.

LittleDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara JLU
In my JLU I use this hammock thingy I got from Amazon. It keeps my two 70lbs dogs in the back and protects the seats.
Jeep Wrangler JL Taking your dog in the Jeep. iBuddy
Hammock-style covers can be pretty useful.

I once had an 85lb Golden Retreiver have explosive diarhea in the back seat of a previous auto, while I was eating a delicious lunch at a Vietnamese place. I think he only weighed 75lbs afterwards.

Most of the restaurant and staff came to the front window to laugh as I started the cleanup, but the majority of the excitement was contained by the hammock. The dog had stayed crouched, much chagrined, at the one unaffected corner, so was pretty clean; just got a quick wipe down. I bagged the mess and folded the hammock into a plactic bag to hose down later. Windows down for a few days after though. Got a durian ice-cream shake for the ride home, so barely noticed.

But that's why Little Dog is in a bucket-style seat now. Make sure they are waterproof.

Slowpoke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moab Silver 2018
Occupation
Yes
Duluth "mud room". Protects the seat, rear seat back and front seat back. One of the things that separates this from other brands is that it also has sides to protect the door panels. Heavy canvas type material. Easy in, easy out. 80lb labrador, no problems.

Sponsored

Goh001

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
Seats folded down, and in addition to the usual ‘protect the upholstery’ coverings — a memory foam dog bed with side bolsters all around so the dog doesn’t slide around, large enough that he can lay down and sleep comfortably on long road trips.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Seats folded down, and in addition to the usual ‘protect the upholstery’ coverings — a memory foam dog bed with side bolsters all around so the dog doesn’t slide around, large enough that he can lay down and sleep comfortably on long road trips.
Pretty much the same setup. I've got a blanket down on the floor to minimize mud/dirt cleanup. There's also a dog bed that pretty much covers the dogs' riding room. It goes wall to wall, and with it against the front seats, the back edge is about halfway back. My wife put it back there one day being funny, and the dogs immediately laid down. Clearly, they approve of a comfy spot to lay while they ride, so that's how we do it now.

And yes, on a side note (someone mentioned it) they are tethered to the Jeep for safety.

Sponsored

Grooster

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Unlimited Rubicon, 2016 Cherokee Latitude
Occupation
IT Director
I’ve tried netting between the front seats with moving blankets on the rear seats, folded down, dog bed tossed in. I’ve tried the hammock setups with side door protection. I’ve tried the strap that belts the dog in to the seat belt to limit movement. All of this and what I’ve seen other in this thread are good solutions. Dog size is everything.

What I didn’t account for was the anxious nature of my 80lb Labrador. She insists on being up front! So much so that while netted in the back she ate through several portions of the net in seconds AND completely through the rear seat belt straps. Both of them! Elapsed time to accomplish the destruction? The five minutes it took me to drive to our vet for her annual visit. OMG! She’s otherwise the mellowest dog but rides in the Jeep flip her out…SMH.

wandrur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Kurgo rear seat hammock for my German Shepherd. She's only a little over 50 pounds, so she's not one of these 90 pound monsters. I've had her and her chocolate labrador friend in the backseat lying down or standing up with no issues. It comes with a retention strap you loop the seatbelt through and then secure to a harness to keep the dog from flying in the event of an accident.
Example!
Jeep Wrangler JL Taking your dog in the Jeep. IMG_20210516_114427201

RobAmy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 3.0L Turbo Diesel Rubicon
I use the Dirty Dog Pet divider with Hammock. Been very pleased with it. It also come with door protecters too. I like the net divider can stay up and the hammock comes down quickly if need be.
Jeep Wrangler JL Taking your dog in the Jeep. 1621180634601

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Jeep Wrangler JL Taking your dog in the Jeep. 20201221_085159
Jeep Wrangler JL Taking your dog in the Jeep. 20201221_085129
Jeep Wrangler JL Taking your dog in the Jeep. 20201221_090001
Jeep Wrangler JL Taking your dog in the Jeep. 20201221_085228