Sponsored

Take Delivery of 2023 JLRU XR or Cancel & Order 2024?

joetimmons

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL
So if you were to have a 2023 JLRU on order would you take delivery in the next 90 days OR cancel and re-order the newly released 2024 JLRU with the somewhat ugly grill, bigger screen, new Uconnect os, wireless car play android auto, full floating rear axel, higher tow, power seats, winch option, side airbags, with a higher MSRP and delayed delivery to Sept/Oct?
Sponsored

wisgoose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTi
It really depends on what you value more. If you care about the new features/changes more than an early delivery, the MY23 exclusive colors and lower cost, it would make sense for you to cancel and order the 24.
It's not worth it for me.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
A tough one, only due to the axle, they can keep the rest of the change. But you will still be paying for it on top of the price increase to get the axle.

WheretheJLs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Hydro Blue Rubicon XR
We have had our Rubi XR for a couple months. While the new changes are mostly nice, none of it makes me kick myself for not getting a '24.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
The new grille is neither here nor there, itā€™s just different. Besides, it looks like it will mount on the exact same points as before, if you really wanted to swap out the grilles.

UConnect 4 does everything I need it to do. Iā€™m sure the larger screen is crisper and more responsive, but I feel Jeep sacrificed the simple elegance of the original dashboard design in the process.
Jeep Wrangler JL Take Delivery of 2023 JLRU XR or Cancel & Order 2024? 1680865681668

We still donā€™t know what the new prices will be. Jeep says it will be making a lot of features standard, like adaptive cruise control, forward collision avoidance, and more airbags. None of those are appealing for me, and we all know they wonā€™t be cheap.

Personally, I wouldnā€™t wait.

Good luck.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
The new grille is neither here nor there, itā€™s just different. Besides, it looks like it will mount on the exact same points as before, if you really wanted to swap out the grilles.

UConnect 4 does everything I need it to do. Iā€™m sure the larger screen is crisper and more responsive, but I feel Jeep sacrificed the simple elegance of the original dashboard design in the process.
Jeep Wrangler JL Take Delivery of 2023 JLRU XR or Cancel & Order 2024? 1680865681668

We still donā€™t know what the new prices will be. Jeep says it will be making a lot of features standard, like adaptive cruise control, forward collision avoidance, and more airbags. None of those are appealing for me, and we all know they wonā€™t be cheap.

Personally, I wouldnā€™t wait.

Good luck.
Our Pacifica has the new Uconnect in it, itā€™s very nice. The screen is hard glass and not the soft layered feel like the 8.4ā€ Uconnect 4. Depending on exactly how much of a price increase there is, 23 may prove the be the worst year to buy.

Warped

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW GSA, Harley RG, GC Summit Reserve, JT Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Work? What's that?
I was in the same boat as the OP. The '24s won't be out until Fall. None of the color choices shown thus far peaked any real interest. If I wanted luxury, I'll drive my Grand Cherokee L. I quickly decided to keep my order for the JLUR in Punkn'. No regrets.

LLANERO

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Redesigns/face-lifts always suffer from resistance to change.
After a few moths, people who didn't like them at first start liking them.
I've seen it happen to all changes to the wrangler since I got my 2008 JLUR.
I saw TJ owners said the 4-door JK was the end of the wrangler. Many TJ owners made fun of me in our first off-road trips.
JK owners said the 3.6 and new dashboard (2012?) made it less rugged. Then JK owners said the JL was the end of the wrangler...
Cancel and order a 2024 or most probably you'll regret it later. You'll regret not having the new features and you'll think your JL is looking outdated.
If you don't like the grill, PM me when you get your '24 and I'll trade it for mine.
I bet you many of the new grill haters will eventually swap theirs for the new one.

TexasJeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubi 392 on order
I have yet to take delivery of my 23 4xe so Iā€™m in the same boat. If my rig gets built on schedule which is 5/5, I will be lucky to see it in June. That should be pretty close to when the 1st MY24 could be hitting the lots. Iā€™m torn because I wonā€™t get full tax credit so Iā€™m losing money there and it will already be a year old when I take delivery. Donā€™t like any of the colors offered so far on 24ā€™s and my 23 on order is Punkā€™n, probably my favorite color so far on a Jeep. But the 24ā€™s so have a lot to offer in most of the trims.

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I would keep the 23 , I canā€™t get past that grillā€¦.:puke: ā€¦ā€¦looks like a renegadeā€¦.:facepalm: ā€¦.. the other upgrades arenā€™t enough to make me want oneā€¦. I mean how big of a fking screen do you need, even if youā€™re nearsighted, shit youā€™re a foot away ā€¦ā€¦.. ymmv , but Iā€™ll passā€¦..šŸ„“

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
I would keep the 23 , I canā€™t get past that grillā€¦.:puke: ā€¦ā€¦looks like a renegadeā€¦.:facepalm: ā€¦.. the other upgrades arenā€™t enough to make me want oneā€¦. I mean how big of a fking screen do you need, even if youā€™re nearsighted, shit youā€™re a foot away ā€¦ā€¦.. ymmv , but Iā€™ll passā€¦..šŸ„“
Oh come on, be the first to get one and throw RK long arm on it and some 40s with upgraded axle shafts in the full float rear. They brought back Granite just for you šŸ˜œ

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I have yet to take delivery of my 23 4xe so Iā€™m in the same boat. If my rig gets built on schedule which is 5/5, I will be lucky to see it in June. That should be pretty close to when the 1st MY24 could be hitting the lots. Iā€™m torn because I wonā€™t get full tax credit so Iā€™m losing money there and it will already be a year old when I take delivery. Donā€™t like any of the colors offered so far on 24ā€™s and my 23 on order is Punkā€™n, probably my favorite color so far on a Jeep. But the 24ā€™s so have a lot to offer in most of the trims.
color is more important than these other options. It would be cheaper to retrofit the new stuff than to repaint.

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Occupation
Safety &Fire Protection Engineer (Retired)
I know Iā€™m far and away in the minority here but IMHO opinion Jeep is taking the Wrangler entirely in the wrong directions . If I wanted a luxury ride I would NOT be shopping for a Jeep-too many far better built vehicles with a LOT more practicality for the same or less $$. I believe the Wrangler is being converted into a ā€œG classā€ competitor (ie The Ultimate Mall Crawler). Not my thing at all, but different strokes for different folks. For the OP Iā€™d stay with my existing order unless you are someone who is into the latest/greatest.

Pretty sure my JL will be the last Jeep Iā€™ll buy and Iā€™ll be looking elsewhere when itā€™s time for a new street/off road rig. I sincerely miss the basic simplicity and ease of maintenance of the older rigs (and yes I know about the new crash protection requirement etc., etc.). Sadly, Not many choices here in the states. May wind up converting a first gen Roxor to street legal or buying/restoring a CJ or an IH Scout.

Whatever you decide, get what calls to YOU and enjoy it šŸ‘
Sponsored