Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Last night I was driving home from church on I-40, then as I merged on to I-74 I noticed that someone was just right on my bumper. I normally drive in the right lane, at the speed limit or no more than 5 MPH above speed limit. Thing is, the left lane was WIDE open, nobody was in this lane, why keep tailgating me as if you were wanting me to get out of your way... when there's a lane specifically for overtaking "slower" traffic? Just needed to vent....
Sponsored

Lurvis33

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Last night I was driving home from church on I-40, then as I merged on to I-74 I noticed that someone was just right on my bumper. I normally drive in the right lane, at the speed limit or no more than 5 MPH above speed limit. Thing is, the left lane was WIDE open, nobody was in this lane, why keep tailgating me as if you were wanting me to get out of your way... when there's a lane specifically for overtaking "slower" traffic? Just needed to vent....
You were the right one. I also hate the people that immediately go all the way to the left and just stay there even if they have a line of traffic behind them. Oh, and the ones who are too afraid to pass truckers or police.

OP
OP
Sean L

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
You were the right one. I also hate the people that immediately go all the way to the left and just stay there even if they have a line of traffic behind them. Oh, and the ones who are too afraid to pass truckers or police.
Yeah, I like to be the relaxed driver instead of blowing past the speed limit lol. While the left lane in NC is a perfectly legal travel lane it isn't in a legal sense the "fast lane" as people treat it. The speed limit still applies and it isn't the Autobahn lol.

But this guy was drafting off of me or something he was so close. Then when I got off at my exit he really took off.

Simulacra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R UL
Because there are people who insist on not taking their prescribed meds.

Seriously though... people like that generally lead some pretty sad lives. Don't let it get to you.

OP
OP
Sean L

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Because there are people who insist on not taking their prescribed meds.

Seriously though... people like that generally lead some pretty sad lives. Don't let it get to you.
Not letting it get to me, just venting my confusion lol.

Sponsored

Lurvis33

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I like to be the relaxed driver instead of blowing past the speed limit lol. While the left lane in NC is a perfectly legal travel lane it isn't in a legal sense the "fast lane" as people treat it. The speed limit still applies and it isn't the Autobahn lol.

But this guy was drafting off of me or something he was so close. Then when I got off at my exit he really took off.
gx5140e534.jpg

Passing-in-Left-Lane.jpg

A lot of these signs can be found in Texas and Oklahoma between major cities. So theyā€™re not the ā€œfastā€ lane but instead a passing lane. I follow this religiously to be courteous to others but it can be annoying when people donā€™t understand traffic flow. Although now Iā€™m going from a Mustang to a Wrangler so Iā€™ll be in the slow lanes more often.

Simulacra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R UL
Not letting it get to me, just venting my confusion lol.
My bad, didn't mean it to come across that way :)

Although this thread does remind me of the weird people who insist on parking next to the vehicle that you deliberately parked in a deserted area of the lot. Like... the whole lot is free but they insist on parking it next to the one car they found in the FAR side of the parking lot.

WHY?

OP
OP
Sean L

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
gx5140e534.jpg

Passing-in-Left-Lane.jpg

A lot of these signs can be found in Texas and Oklahoma between major cities. So theyā€™re not the ā€œfastā€ lane but instead a passing lane. I follow this religiously to be courteous to others but it can be annoying when people donā€™t understand traffic flow. Although now Iā€™m going from a Mustang to a Wrangler so Iā€™ll be in the slow lanes more often.
I figured it was only a matter of time for a Texan to post something like this lol. Different state laws.

Simulacra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R UL
I figured it was only a matter of time for a Texan to post something like this lol. Different state laws.
Wait... is this not the law in other states? I thought the far lane was for passing or carpool? D'oh.

Lurvis33

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Hahaha cause Texas Rules :rock: :devil: Iā€™m so sorry but Iā€™m not only Patriotic towards my country, but my state that was once a country :cwl:

Sponsored

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
@Sean L .....

It's somebody from your congregation. On their way home using the same route/road. You know how they are. Suggest you change churches asap... or just stop going to church...

OP
OP
Sean L

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Wait... is this not the law in other states? I thought the far lane was for passing or carpool? D'oh.
In North Carolina any vehicle not maintaining the speed limit is to keep right. Travel in the left lane is legal. Overtaking slower traffic should also be done in the left lane but there are maniacs that will fly past you in the right lane because they're too impatient to flash their lights to signal you.

OP
OP
Sean L

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Hahaha cause Texas Rules :rock: :devil: Iā€™m so sorry but Iā€™m not only Patriotic towards my country, but my state that was once a country :cwl:
Texas has its own culture lol. Any misplaced Texan living outside of their state almost universally has a Texas outline decal on their back window. I do love Texans though, My brother lived there for years and one of my Nephews was born and raised there.

Simulacra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R UL
Texas has its own culture lol. Any misplaced Texan living outside of their state almost universally has a Texas outline decal on their back window. I do love Texans though, My brother lived there for years and one of my Nephews was born and raised there.
Texas highway limits are bomb dot com. 85mph on some stretches = bliss. Meanwhile in California.

Traffic-1200x800.jpg

I genuinely understand why my neighbour flies a lone star flag on his porch.

OP
OP
Sean L

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Texas highway limits are bomb dot com. 85mph on some stretches = bliss. Meanwhile in California.

Traffic-1200x800.jpg

I genuinely understand why my neighbour flies a lone star flag on his porch.
Try Dallas Traffic during rush hour, same thing lol

And there's a guy not too far from me that Flies a Texas flag. But the thing is I'm not sure if he's got it confused with the North Carolina flag.

150px-Flag_of_North_Carolina.svg.png

150px-Flag_of_Texas.svg.png
Sponsored