Chrisbayridge1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Clubs

I reattached mine with the Permatex stuff last summer. Haven't found out if the rear defroster works yet. Wouldn't matter, all I can see is a 37" tire back there, and no dangling wire!
Sounds like a good excuse to buy a set of 37s on beadlocks 😉

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 billet silver JLUR, 2019 chevy suburban
Yeah good luck. Im on my 3rd rear windshield for this problem, most recent was Jan 2022, the latest replacement (4th windshield) has never arrived, so it's been hanging free since about Feb 2022. My dealer is basically like 🤷‍♂️

F' it. I don't care anymore.

Sponsored

Ridge2Far

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR - Black, 3.6L, 6-MT
This is what I used.
I used the same stuff and changed the tab to a different style. Here’s a post discussing this problem. I ended up not using a coiled cord, just a different connector and a low-profile tab. I guess time will tell.
Jeep Wrangler JL Tailgate window defrost wire. My body shop says my tailgate IMG_3796

Bayrat

First Name
DA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon 392
Mine fell off the 2019 Rubicon, so I took it to the dealer. They said the window had to be replaced. I waited over a year, no window, so I super glued the thing. It held until I traded it back in.

Suffolklou

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I had to fix my rear widow on my JK. I used the kit from Amazon (previous post). It held for a little while. I ended up soldering it with a soldering iron. That worked. You have to be careful though, I read that uneven heating can shatter the glass.

If you have a friend with a thermal camera (FLIR) you can check to see if your fix worked before winter.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Chrisbayridge1

Chrisbayridge1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Clubs

I used the same stuff and changed the tab to a different style. Here’s a post discussing this problem. I ended up not using a coiled cord, just a different connector and a low-profile tab. I guess time will tell.
Jeep Wrangler JL Tailgate window defrost wire. My body shop says my tailgate IMG_3796
That looks good!
Sponsored