aprez27

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I saw someone blew out the side window on their hardtop from closing the door too hard. I think he had those vents blocked up.
Sponsored

Ppita02

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 392
I used to work in HVAC at an engineering firm. It’s for pressurization when opening/closing windows/doors.

2Wheel-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD, 1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1975 Datsun 620
I saw someone blew out the side window on their hardtop from closing the door too hard. I think he had those vents blocked up.
I believe that can really happen. The pressure has to go somewhere.

TowDawg

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon Unlimited, BMW 535M, Dodge Viper, Hummer H1, race cars, motorhome, general toys.
Probably to allow all the moisture out from the water that leaks inside at the top of the rear hatch glass.

Sponsored

2Wheel-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD, 1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1975 Datsun 620
I know one drain plug pops out of my mopar floor liners every once in a while.
I have the latest iteration of those Mopar floor liners as well, and those plugs don't stay in the floor on mine, anyway. Those things suck. Sorry, I digress.

aprez27

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I have the latest iteration of those Mopar floor liners as well, and those plugs don't stay in the floor on mine, anyway. Those things suck. Sorry, I digress.
I only have a problem with one, of course it's the drivers side. Don't think the liner on that side ever fit all the way down into the drain hole, so it doesn't have a tight seal for the plug.

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
It is for the ammunition to keep the powder dry . Just kidding : )

Springtail

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1977 FJ40, (RestoMod), 2018 Camaro SS Convertible, 2020 Tesla Model Y Performance
Occupation
Co-Owner Springtail LLC
If you have one of the Outback Adventure tailgate tables, the vent is for filling the table and the back area with dust and silt. I will likely put some filter media in front of it to block a lot of what comes in. Then, hopefully, when I shut the doors with the top on, the dust and silt will get blown back out through the vents.
Thats interesting....I had not heard of any incidences like that.

Doc

LLANERO

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I covered mines when I installed the tailgate reinforcement, but I have a soft top so the air has many places to go through.

Sponsored

MarkyMark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Rubicon JLU 2.0t w/ eTorque & Moto Guzzi Griso
I'm getting ready to install the Tuffy Tailgate Box. I'm looking at NOT using the plastic tailgate trim but mounting the box right up against the tailgate to save space. I've seen others due this. . . but, does anyone have any advice on if I need to leave a gap there? Second, there is some heavy felt on the factory trim. I'm considering putting in a piece of air filter in that space (keep dust / noise from coming in.) Others appear to have sealed the edge with weather stripping. Any thoughts or advice on this plan?

jdhunt0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited
I know mine move around and make noise on rough roads, especially when the windows are down.

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
I'm getting ready to install the Tuffy Tailgate Box. I'm looking at NOT using the plastic tailgate trim but mounting the box right up against the tailgate to save space. I've seen others due this. . . but, does anyone have any advice on if I need to leave a gap there? Second, there is some heavy felt on the factory trim. I'm considering putting in a piece of air filter in that space (keep dust / noise from coming in.) Others appear to have sealed the edge with weather stripping. Any thoughts or advice on this plan?
I just put this box on my ‘20, after having it on my ‘19 for a year.

I removed the trim and put this weather stripping on:
https://www.amazon.com/Insulation-Weatherstrip-Waterproof-Conditioning-Stripping/dp/B07RJ3CJFH

Pics from my ‘19 (different weather stripping):
IMG_6191-X3.jpg

IMG_6195-X3.jpg

I didn’t have any issues with wear, water, or dust.
Sponsored