Tailgate length

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Would someone measure how many inches the tailgate on the JLU sticks out from the body when opened perpendicular
Sponsored

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
You dont have one?

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
@Eric … Your vehicle listing leaves the impression you have a JL. It's not out of reason to question the need to give you information we think you should be able to get on your own. I'd suggest adding your vehicle is "on order" or something similar, as most others do.

But we're still here to help you.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Eric

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
@Eric … Your vehicle listing leaves the impression you have a JL. It's not out of reason to question the need to give you information we think you should be able to get on your own. I'd suggest adding your vehicle is "on order" or something similar, as most others do.

But we're still here to help you.
Tailgate length is 44.5"
Thank you and sorry. I’ve never been on a forum before and am finding it hard to figure out. I changed my vehicle description to “ordering 2019 JLU...” but don’t even know if that is where you wanted me to add the note. My question was how far from the body does the tailgate stick out? There must be some length added for the hinge swing.

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
The tailgate open, has really nothing to do with the garage size !!!

If you have to load the jeep--open the door, you have to open it anyway--

Good luck

JIMBO

OP
OP
Eric

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
The tailgate open, has really nothing to do with the garage size !!!

If you have to load the jeep--open the door, you have to open it anyway--

Good luck

JIMBO
I load all my tools into my vehicle the night before without opening the door to my heated garage and plan to do the same on the new garage i am building now. I just need someone to tell me the length from the body to the end of the tailgate when opened perpendicula to the vehicle to confirm that i can do this so i can get my footings poured. Seems simple enough... anyone have a tape measure and willing to do this for me? Thx

Robieman

First Name
Robie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F150; Sharron's 2020Grand Cherokee
Would someone measure how many inches the tailgate on the JLU sticks out from the body when opened perpendicular
I measured from the center of the bumper, just below the tire, with door fully opened, 42 +/- inches

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you and sorry. I’ve never been on a forum before and am finding it hard to figure out. I changed my vehicle description to “ordering 2019 JLU...” but don’t even know if that is where you wanted me to add the note. My question was how far from the body does the tailgate stick out? There must be some length added for the hinge swing.
Nothing at all to apologize for... You made the change in the right place. When you have questions, readers will now understand that you're not an owner yet (hopefully you will be soon). Also, if you have specific questions, before you start a new thread, look below and you'll see threads that could be related to what you're asking about. Chances are, there may already be answers to questions you may have.

I'd also recommend searching within the forum before starting a new thread. There's a little search thingy up to the right where you'd update your profile. Many people ask questions about things that have been covered several times over. You'll also find more answers here than your dealer will have. Best of luck on your order!

Capture.JPG