Systemic issue with 3.6L manuals

Da Capt

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK sport
I would avoid any new 3.6L manuals until Jeep gets its software issue resolved. Informed by dealer that the new 3.6 manuals have a unresolvable issue for now??
I just think they are trying to force phase the MT out and use any BS excuse or deliberate issues to stop them from being made
Sponsored

Grayone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 TRX, 392 Rubicon (sold), 2 door Rubicon
It's a conspiracy I tell you! Where's my tinfoil hat!?? People seem to forget your talking about a production vehicle, stuff goes wrong. Either live with it, fix it, or send it down the road. And life goes on...

bd100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Hesitation around 1800 RPM has gone away once I started using "Top Tier" fuel every now and then. Could be a dirty fuel injector issue. These injectors seem to have several small holes instead of one bigger one.

OP
OP
Ironhorse

Ironhorse

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Rubicon x 3.6. 6speed
Hesitation around 1800 RPM has gone away once I started using "Top Tier" fuel every now and then. Could be a dirty fuel injector issue. These injectors seem to have several small holes instead of one bigger one.
Now you sound like Stallantis, its been doing it since day one with 11miles on it. Always use top tier gas and even premium. This is software or mechanical issue, seems like many have it!

Sponsored

Powelligator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ Rubicon, 2022 JL Rubicon
Clubs

3.6 manual, 2024?
No, 3.6 manual, 2022. Pretty much the same drivetrain, save for the updated clutch and software that tries to estimate clutch overheating.

OP
OP
Ironhorse

Ironhorse

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Rubicon x 3.6. 6speed
No, 3.6 manual, 2022. Pretty much the same drivetrain, save for the updated clutch and software that tries to estimate clutch overheating.
It seems there may be an issue with the updated software

Dusty Dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Ply Roadrunner, 2010 Challenger SRT
Just throwing this out there as a possible scenario: how much oil do you have in your intake coming from the PCV valve?

I used to get an occasional ping or knock until a catch can was installed. The miss might be the computer trying to compensate for the bad burning of the gas/oil mixture in the cylinder.

Melchior

First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota GR Supra
Have a ‘24 6-speed manual. Has had that “hiccup” since day 1 and still has it at 2800 miles. No biggie. Just curious as to what causes it.

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
I say it's a software issue. Can you attach a laptop to see the fuel curve or ignition curve?

Sponsored

bd100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
My 3.6L 6-speed (21) suddenly changed for the better around 500 miles, and again around 15,000. Meaning, it suddenly got better at low RPM torque. Almost like the computer made a sudden change. But this may not be related to your issue since I did experience hesitation around 1800 RPM since then. So I agree that the computer could be making changes. The oil catch can thing could be for real, for example. There may be other conditions.

But if it's a new vehicle just know that things might improve.

autotragic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLR 6MT
2019 stick w/ 70k on the odo, zero issues, still on original clutch. Zero recalls performed (purposely). Living life on the edge for some, totally normal for others including myself. Maybe a symptom of symptomatic issues is the one that has you believing something is wrong?

I have the belief that If it isn’t broken don’t fix it, and when it does break it becomes obvious what to fix.

?
Same here I'm purposely avoiding the new recall fix with mine. I could have easily bought the 2024 I ordered or either one of them for that matter instead I bought a 2021 that didn't have the newest software in it on purpose.
Sponsored