Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
  • Banned
Question for those more experienced...

My first winch. I installed a zeon 10S on my Mopar steel bumper with the mopar mounting plate and fairlead adapter plate. I didn't want to use the warn fairlead so I'm using a Factor 55 fairlead.

When I winch, the synthetic line is rubbing on the fairlead adapter plate pretty hard. The opening on the actual fairlead is slightly larger than the plate opening. Has anyone else had an issue like this? Do I need a different adapter plate or a different fairlead? It seems this would damage the line over time.

If a picture would help, let me know.

Thanks.
Sponsored

Sheepjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 xj, 04 Silverado 2500hd
yes it will it it is an issue the fairlead should be the only thing touching the line because it is nice soft edges that will not cut up the line, you you have a dremal something to just open up the the opening on the adapter plate so it does not touch the line

OP
OP
Halstem1

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
yes it will it it is an issue the fairlead should be the only thing touching the line because it is nice soft edges that will not cut up the line, you you have a dremal something to just open up the the opening on the adapter plate so it does not touch the line
Duh! Widen the opening! I'm so dumb I didn't think of that. Which is embarrassing. Thank you for responding! I do have a dremal. I'll just pull the fairlead off and grind the opening a little bigger. Thank you!

ATL_Crawl

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon Recon
When you install your fairlead use a rubber mallet to get it as high as possible. I had the same problem with the factor 55 1.5 and the mallet worked like a charm.

OP
OP
Halstem1

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
When you install your fairlead use a rubber mallet to get it as high as possible. I had the same problem with the factor 55 1.5 and the mallet worked like a charm.
That’s good to know. Thanks!
Sponsored