Sponsored

Synergy track bar install (pre production)

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I've had a SteerSmart Yeti adj. installed for over 12,000 miles and no issues. Tie-rod, drag link and LCA's are Synergy also no issues.
Sponsored

Gadgettr1

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
college student
Vehicle Showcase
If its the track bars you're looking at just go with another company. I am now considering Rock Krawler.
That bad huh? My local offroad shop is going to try fitting the Synergy ones next week (they have them in stock). I told them if they touch/rub at all I don't want them and we'll have to find another brand.

MrFenderpicks

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
So anyone got this addressed?
Was going to get Syns front track bar but if it is having such fitment / rubbing issue. I might as well go with a different manufacture.

Gadgettr1

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
college student
Vehicle Showcase
So anyone got this addressed?
Was going to get Syns front track bar but if it is having such fitment / rubbing issue. I might as well go with a different manufacture.
I ended up going with the SteerSmarts Yeti bars. Front and rear, arrived in only a couple of days (I ordered direct from them over the phone and got the military discount). They bolted right up with no issues and the red accents the Rubicon tow hooks and my Rancho rear shock/LCAs perfectly. They are way more heavy duty that the stock bars.

Jeep Wrangler JL Synergy track bar install (pre production) IMG_4965.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Synergy track bar install (pre production) IMG_4964.JPG

Reactions: PIG

MrFenderpicks

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
I do like the Steermart setup
I like how when you turn the adjustment tube, equal thread will be in / out on both side.
So one side wont have more thread out than other.

Sponsored

track.n.trail

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Software Engineer
I do like the Steermart setup
I like how when you turn the adjustment tube, equal thread will be in / out on both side.
So one side wont have more thread out than other.
Thats really not a big deal. On most other bars with a single adjuster at one end there is no concept of threading one side in/out more than the other.

IMO the Steer Smarts setups are not ideal. That massive double adjuster tube in the middle makes it really hard to fit a relocated steering stabilizer without rubbing. And good luck if you ever decide to upgrade to a hydro assist. Also that hollow double adjuster negates the strength gains of the overly thick tubes/end forgings anyway.

I recently went with the Metalcloak track bars and they are fantastic. Great build quality, super slim, easily replaceable bushings and they are as beefy as the Steer Smarts parts without all the extra unnecessary size of the double adjuster tube.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLUR
Had a damn squeak I could not locate. Stumbled upon this thread. Took a peak at my synergy track bar. Exact rubbing as shown in the previous posts. Problem handled. Squeak gone.

Thanks you guys so much for documenting your issues.

Synergy has prob lost all future business from me. I cant believe they will sell something that doesnt fit right.

track.n.trail

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Software Engineer
Had a damn squeak I could not locate. Stumbled upon this thread. Took a peak at my synergy track bar. Exact rubbing as shown in the previous posts. Problem handled. Squeak gone.

Thanks you guys so much for documenting your issues.

Synergy has prob lost all future business from me. I cant believe they will sell something that doesnt fit right.
I haven't had any issues with the other parts I have bought from them, and I have always had a great experience with their customer service team. It is definitely unfortunate that they are still selling this track bar without clearly disclosing that there is minor grinding required for fitment.

Kraty1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
Occupation
Sales & Marketing
I am now experiencing a squeak coming from underneath the front passenger side, luckily (or unlucky perhaps) I’m 99% sure it’s not my Synergy track bar I just purchased and installed, and I’m happy to say it’s not rubbing in the areas noted here. Back to the drawing board but thanks as always for everyone’s help!

77RRAD

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone get this taken care of yet from Synergy?

Sponsored

PIG

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JL

77RRAD

First Name
Ron