Sponsored

Synergy track bar install (pre production)

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I talked to Synergy today and there engineer just returned to the office this week and they are working on a fix for this. I was told to keep my eyes on there social media. They are aware of this issue.

Ron
Ok. good to know. I've been trying to be patient but still haven't heard anything from the 3 emails I sent so far. One of which was to Dave, the owner. Did he say they were sending out replacements to the people with current issues? IE - you and me and a couple others I've seen.
Sponsored

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
I talked to Synergy today and there engineer just returned to the office this week and they are working on a fix for this. I was told to keep my eyes on there social media. They are aware of this issue.

Ron
I'll be watching closely. Mine is touching as well.

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I'll be watching closely. Mine is touching as well.
Just curious, are you lifted? Their initial response to me in april was to adjust my axle positon. But the parts specs online states it will fit 0-4" of lift and doesn't say anything about adjustable control arms required.

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just curious, are you lifted? Their initial response to me in april was to adjust my axle positon. But the parts specs online states it will fit 0-4" of lift and doesn't say anything about adjustable control arms required.
Nope, I'm 100% stock height and caster. I do have the trackbars, 35'' Toyo MT tires and aftermarket shocks but none of that should matter.

77RRAD

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Ok. good to know. I've been trying to be patient but still haven't heard anything from the 3 emails I sent so far. One of which was to Dave, the owner. Did he say they were sending out replacements to the people with current issues? IE - you and me and a couple others I've seen.
I would assume no replacements until there is a fix or else you will have the same issue.

Sponsored

Brian0128

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2018 Toyota TRD PRO
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I helped a friend that tried to install the Synergy track bar today. It would not fit without contacting the axle side bracket. 2” AEV spacer lift and Mopar lift control arms. We tried adjusting the bushing but couldn’t get it to move with the tools we had on hand. We gave up and put the stock one back on. With the axle side in the frame side was 1cm away from the bushing aligning with the bracket. We tried to force it which removed paint from the frame bracket and powder coat from the track bar. His caster is at 5.3. We both have 2019 Rubicons with the same mods and mine fit fine.

Last edited:

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not so sure Jeep didn't tweak the trackbar brackets on the 19/20 models...

1592775822662.png

Brian0128

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
What’s the better option? Grind material from the track bar or the mount?

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Trackbar!!!

Sponsored

Brian0128

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
We adjusted the bushing over 7mm and tried again. Still a no go. Ordered lower Synergy control arms to see if getting the caster above 6 will help. If the adjuster was at the axle end this wouldn’t be an issue. I guess the engineers didn’t account for the OEM tolerances.

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
We adjusted the bushing over 7mm and tried again. Still a no go. Ordered lower Synergy control arms to see if getting the caster above 6 will help. If the adjuster was at the axle end this wouldn’t be an issue. I guess the engineers didn’t account for the OEM tolerances.
There is another thread somewhere in here talking about the same issue as ya'll and I think this is what some posters had come up with to resolve. Not sure if it was top or bottom adjustable arms or maybe both were needed to dial in caster and also move the axle in such a way to eliminate this touching. Regardless, Synergy should address this properly for its customers.
No vendor is perfect. I'm dealing with an issue with SteerSmarts trackbar.