Sponsored

Synergy track bar install (pre production)

Arrowhead

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I installed the Synergy drag link a few months ago as my stock drag link was shot and had slop in the one end (defective tie rod end that wears out prematurely). But I also noticed slop in the bushing on the track bar (another factory defect). I was so impressed with Synergy's drag link I inquired about their track bar and when it would be released. I liked how they do the adjustment collar (on vehicle adjustment) and their tie rod ends on the drag link are off the shelf and economically priced. Looking at their track bars they use a multi layer poly and Teflon bushing for low maintenance yet high performance. The track bars were not ready for production so a few months later I inquired again and Chris @AllJumpStyle at Synergy hooked me up with a pre-production unit (yes I paid for it).

Install was pretty easy, the track bar comes preassembled and ready to install - just need to adjust the length for your application. I set the length to match the stock track bar as I only have about 1-1/2" of lift from Rubicon take off springs. Since axle placement did not need to be adjusted I know this track bar will work for stock height applications too. The hardest part was getting leverage to torque the bolts (did it with the Jeep on the ground, not on a lift or stands). The pinch bolt takes a quite a few turns to collapse the collar but eventually you will get to the torque spec. Overall I'm very happy with the components. In my case I needed to replace the worn stock components anyway and the fact that they also help tighten my steering was an added benefit.

Side note:
When I did the drag link months ago, the steering wheel was just a little off and thought I would just wait until I did the track bar to adjust as things might move around again. But I was thinking there's no way that the adjustment sleeve is going to turn after having the pinch collar clamped down as tight as it is. Well just loosening the pinch bolt and I could almost adjust the collar by hand - very surprised how easy it was.

4AOevNp7nZvZJIB9vfI7RLvucoJQDDNZBFJ038yHBmxWDL287avu-zwf1M2XxHdUs6Grg4iIiqQKjUxyhD4=w850-h638-no.jpg

94gUAycqVnYhilU9C_cMBs-rJKoDJKFjmpcUCTna9gef7EINSrTr5E_SmLLbHVxaM72Q5Fv81BBn7E3aPNY=w850-h638-no.jpg

VSUieGfseBuIB2WZ1PKo9eupXbFMO8zasmfaA6sfNbOShMfBLTZ1FIpb5ss_X1YT5KMwNfoKgeQFtHcgDos=w850-h638-no.jpg

RKXwDVsDeo-y-h8m30VL_U0XWddrAXXPB7TnS0iEvmsItXjf0KTx1ZyONEAq8gG4V1XPOAAI4ep4eKAuV3_=w850-h638-no.jpg

Here's a tip. Holding the nuts can be tricky while you torque the bolts. For the track bar bolt I used the 21mm combination wench I got from Harbor Freight. I bought their jumbo extra long set when I did the drag link, the extra length is handy when torquing the bolts. For the frame end, I was able to catch the wrench on the axle to keep it from turning. For the pinch bolt, I was able to catch the 3/4" wrench on the edge of the diff cover.

G3CsPsUKrINdnf1YaMOqwIzAVlxc4GFrGTfhZllyfJN_pRAMSzSGtq4aVxpwW-NcAzz0AMV8c8uIeJ-6FPN=w850-h638-no.jpg

6X9Fq9D8tUdxMJTdVe8zSx2NJv0ZETN6iuscFKlK_v3MUVHOAWp0fzgVHBtZB9yJY5av8ych-1wBV_wftjN=w850-h638-no.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

AllJumpStyle

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Looks great! Thanks for the positive feedback.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
I installed the Synergy drag link a few months ago as my stock drag link was shot and had slop in the one end (defective tie rod end that wears out prematurely). But I also noticed slop in the bushing on the track bar (another factory defect). I was so impressed with Synergy's drag link I inquired about their track bar and when it would be released. I liked how they do the adjustment collar (on vehicle adjustment) and their tie rod ends on the drag link are off the shelf and economically priced. Looking at their track bars they use a multi layer poly and Teflon bushing for low maintenance yet high performance. The track bars were not ready for production so a few months later I inquired again and Chris @AllJumpStyle at Synergy hooked me up with a pre-production unit (yes I paid for it).

Install was pretty easy, the track bar comes preassembled and ready to install - just need to adjust the length for your application. I set the length to match the stock track bar as I only have about 1-1/2" of lift from Rubicon take off springs. Since axle placement did not need to be adjusted I know this track bar will work for stock height applications too. The hardest part was getting leverage to torque the bolts (did it with the Jeep on the ground, not on a lift or stands). The pinch bolt takes a quite a few turns to collapse the collar but eventually you will get to the torque spec. Overall I'm very happy with the components. In my case I needed to replace the worn stock components anyway and the fact that they also help tighten my steering was an added benefit.

Side note:
When I did the drag link months ago, the steering wheel was just a little off and thought I would just wait until I did the track bar to adjust as things might move around again. But I was thinking there's no way that the adjustment sleeve is going to turn after having the pinch collar clamped down as tight as it is. Well just loosening the pinch bolt and I could almost adjust the collar by hand - very surprised how easy it was.

4AOevNp7nZvZJIB9vfI7RLvucoJQDDNZBFJ038yHBmxWDL287avu-zwf1M2XxHdUs6Grg4iIiqQKjUxyhD4=w850-h638-no.jpg

94gUAycqVnYhilU9C_cMBs-rJKoDJKFjmpcUCTna9gef7EINSrTr5E_SmLLbHVxaM72Q5Fv81BBn7E3aPNY=w850-h638-no.jpg

VSUieGfseBuIB2WZ1PKo9eupXbFMO8zasmfaA6sfNbOShMfBLTZ1FIpb5ss_X1YT5KMwNfoKgeQFtHcgDos=w850-h638-no.jpg

RKXwDVsDeo-y-h8m30VL_U0XWddrAXXPB7TnS0iEvmsItXjf0KTx1ZyONEAq8gG4V1XPOAAI4ep4eKAuV3_=w850-h638-no.jpg

Here's a tip. Holding the nuts can be tricky while you torque the bolts. For the track bar bolt I used the 21mm combination wench I got from Harbor Freight. I bought their jumbo extra long set when I did the drag link, the extra length is handy when torquing the bolts. For the frame end, I was able to catch the wrench on the axle to keep it from turning. For the pinch bolt, I was able to catch the 3/4" wrench on the edge of the diff cover.

G3CsPsUKrINdnf1YaMOqwIzAVlxc4GFrGTfhZllyfJN_pRAMSzSGtq4aVxpwW-NcAzz0AMV8c8uIeJ-6FPN=w850-h638-no.jpg

6X9Fq9D8tUdxMJTdVe8zSx2NJv0ZETN6iuscFKlK_v3MUVHOAWp0fzgVHBtZB9yJY5av8ych-1wBV_wftjN=w850-h638-no.jpg
is it just me, or is that track bar a lot longer than OEM? if you have no lift, or a small one it looks like it would be too long.

however, for those with lifts that need the length, that looks great. I will be running the Synergy 2" lift with Fox Factory race shocks. I want to use as much from Synergy as Imcan, so glad to see this is pretty far along. I don't want to buy another brand and need to swap out later, so hopefully the timing works out so I can get this. otherwise I may end up with Synergy rear and another front,

thanks for the write-up that gave me a little hope that this is not all that far out!

OP
OP
Arrowhead

Arrowhead

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
is it just me, or is that track bar a lot longer than OEM? if you have no lift, or a small one it looks like it would be too long.
NOPE! Optical illusion. I set the new bar to the exact dimension as the stock bar and even had a couple of threads to go shorter if need be. It will work with stock or lifted.

lembowski

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting Gray
Looks great! Thanks for the positive feedback.
Any idea when they will start shipping? I bought the drag link, tierod and front/rear trackbars a few months back when only the drag/tie were shipping. Waiting on the trackbars

Sponsored

AllJumpStyle

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Any idea when they will start shipping? I bought the drag link, tierod and front/rear trackbars a few months back when only the drag/tie were shipping. Waiting on the trackbars
They are in manufacturing right now. Eta is looking about October.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
They are in manufacturing right now. Eta is looking about October.
October for your rear track bar? Earlier posts in this thread sounded like the rears are available, but the front is new and coming. Also, is your 8 control arm kit available now or is it pending?

Thanks in advance, Chris!

AllJumpStyle

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Just the front track bar. We have been shipping the rear track bars and control arms for a while now.

PIG

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JL

laraza2k1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4X4 2019 2 Door
I'm having a fitment issue with my Synergy Front Adjustable Track Bar. The track bar is making contact on the passenger side with the axle bracket mount. Once I noticed the contact, I disconnected and remounted to see if I could get it to clear, but there is no change in fitment. I'm running a Teraflex 2.5 lift with 35's. Do I need a front relocation bracket for only a 2.5 lift?

synergy_track_bar.jpg

synergy_track_bar2.jpg

Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I'm having a fitment issue with my Synergy Front Adjustable Track Bar. The track bar is making contact on the passenger side with the axle bracket mount. Once I noticed the contact, I disconnected and remounted to see if I could get it to clear, but there is no change in fitment. I'm running a Teraflex 2.5 lift with 35's. Do I need a front relocation bracket for only a 2.5 lift?

Jeep Wrangler JL Synergy track bar install (pre production) synergy_track_bar2

Loosen set screw on bottom that holds the bushing in place. Slide track bar fwd a bit so it clears - you can see in the picture above you have clearance at the front. Tighten set screw again.

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon

Did you get any resolve on this? I have the same issue and now mine is starting to squeak and make noise over every bump. I've yet to get a response from anyone at Synergy but have reached out through a couple of methods.

77RRAD

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Did you get any resolve on this? I have the same issue and now mine is starting to squeak and make noise over every bump. I've yet to get a response from anyone at Synergy but have reached out through a couple of methods.
I have been chasing a squee, down also and have been unsuccessful. I went out to look at my tracbar and it too is rubbing the bracket......
Time to reach out to Synergy I guess....
Jeep only has 5k miles and have had the squeak since 2K.

Ron

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I have been chasing a squee, down also and have been unsuccessful. I went out to look at my tracbar and it too is rubbing the bracket......
Time to reach out to Synergy I guess....
Jeep only has 5k miles and have had the squeak since 2K.

Ron
I’m curious what you find out. I’m about similar. I had a lot of noise and thought it was my sector shaft brace. That was part of it but was still getting a squeak over any bump. Figured out it was the back side of the track bar on the bracket. I tried everything I could think of to make more room. But no luck. Even tried loosening the set screw on the bottom and Sliding on the bushing. For now I sprayed some lithium grease in it until I hear back. Jeep has 15k miles but I just installed the track bar and brace 2k miles ago.

77RRAD

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I’m curious what you find out. I’m about similar. I had a lot of noise and thought it was my sector shaft brace. That was part of it but was still getting a squeak over any bump. Figured out it was the back side of the track bar on the bracket. I tried everything I could think of to make more room. But no luck. Even tried loosening the set screw on the bottom and Sliding on the bushing. For now I sprayed some lithium grease in it until I hear back. Jeep has 15k miles but I just installed the track bar and brace 2k miles ago.
I talked to Synergy today and there engineer just returned to the office this week and they are working on a fix for this. I was told to keep my eyes on there social media. They are aware of this issue.

Ron
Sponsored