Synergy suspension anyone??

bmedfo1

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 4.5" lift 37"s
Yes, I too left this bolt out. It didn't seem necessary to the overall strength of the brace. How did you torque down the pitman arm nut?
I have a 3/4 impact that spun the factory bolt off easy. I put some high hold threadlocker on it spun it down with the impact (this is where I am well aware I should use a torque wrench) honestly I just let the impact wrap on it about a dozen time for an additional 1/4 turn. I put 3ft breaker bar on it and gave it just about as much as i could laying on my back and could not move it any tighter. 184 ft/lbs is a lot to apply with the bar being horizontal. I would not recommend this but you asked what I did. LOL
Sponsored

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 3/4 impact that spun the factory bolt off easy. I put some high hold threadlocker on it spun it down with the impact (this is where I am well aware I should use a torque wrench) honestly I just let the impact wrap on it about a dozen time for an additional 1/4 turn. I put 3ft breaker bar on it and gave it just about as much as i could laying on my back and could not move it any tighter. 184 ft/lbs is a lot to apply with the bar being horizontal. I would not recommend this but you asked what I did. LOL
I did the same with the air impact but did not do the breaker bar. Lol. Didn’t feel I could make it any tighter.

OP
OP
NPE102414

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Yes it does come with shims , to be used on the bottom hinge. Also it has a spot for cb antenna. And I emailed the company about the 2 threaded holes, they said “ at this time, they have no specific purpose”. I’m guessing maybe they come out with high lift jack/shovel bracket or rotopax etc... in the future.
3C4CADF0-8505-4E17-8E5E-A777ABE6B153.jpeg
5C43876A-E57C-4766-A22C-0D20073947B2.jpeg
687F2D03-79FF-47BA-B2E0-6AF960E33F11.jpeg
Those holes are most definitely for a high lift or other accessories coming down the road. I still don’t like their camera mount, it looks like a complete afterthought. I saw someone on here had a good idea and used the Teraflex Alpha carriers camera/light mount.

OP
OP
NPE102414

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Yes it does come with shims , to be used on the bottom hinge. Also it has a spot for cb antenna. And I emailed the company about the 2 threaded holes, they said “ at this time, they have no specific purpose”. I’m guessing maybe they come out with high lift jack/shovel bracket or rotopax etc... in the future.
3C4CADF0-8505-4E17-8E5E-A777ABE6B153.jpeg
5C43876A-E57C-4766-A22C-0D20073947B2.jpeg
687F2D03-79FF-47BA-B2E0-6AF960E33F11.jpeg
I know I’m asking a lot, but do you have a brighter side view picture, I would really appreciate it.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Those holes are most definitely for a high lift or other accessories coming down the road. I still don’t like their camera mount, it looks like a complete afterthought. I saw someone on here had a good idea and used the Teraflex Alpha carriers camera/light mount.
It’s actually the factory camera mount you re use, the evo bracket screws to it and just holds the factory brake light . The only bad thing is you have take those little screws out and remove the brake light in order to remove the spare.But not a big deal for me, I will exhaust all other options, before I take that heavy ass spare off, lol.... :)

D2876862-BD9A-460B-8431-F48738F2406C.jpeg
61F6FA43-7379-40D7-953F-3658C316063A.jpeg

Sponsored

OP
OP
NPE102414

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I did the same with the air impact but did not do the breaker bar. Lol. Didn’t feel I could make it any tighter.
What bolt did you leave out when you said I
That side view is perfect, thank you!!! I’m aware that’s the factory bracket, but I hate the way they mount the light and don’t incorporate a protective shield over the camera. Taking those little T8 fasteners off and trying not to destroy the camera while dismounting and mounting the spare looks like a nightmare. I’m going to either cut out the factory protective housing and modify it to fit or buy the TeraFlex version. This is a pic of another thread from this forum and it looks like a great idea

5008E36C-0269-4F9E-8CF6-4EBDDE43A7B8.jpeg

369D47F9-1338-464A-B77A-A1786EF47446.jpeg

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Your wheels look like a -12 offset so they will obviously fit differently then my +12. How mar back is yours set?
That teraflex bracket looks pretty cool. The carrier is adjustable in and out as well as up and down. The way they have you do it is put your spare on tighten a couple lugs then push the tire in until it touches the carrier, mark it , take spare back off put bracket up to the mark, then go another 1/4 inch past the mark then tighten it down. When you put spare back on and tighten lugs it’s nice and snug . Then there’s different heights you can run it. I chose the highest level for ground clearance but it limits your vision out the back window. If you put it in the lower level you’ll be able to see out the back window better.

OP
OP
NPE102414

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
That teraflex bracket looks pretty cool. The carrier is adjustable in and out as well as up and down. The way they have you do it is put your spare on tighten a couple lugs then push the tire in until it touches the carrier, mark it , take spare back off put bracket up to the mark, then go another 1/4 inch past the mark then tighten it down. When you put spare back on and tighten lugs it’s nice and snug . Then there’s different heights you can run it. I chose the highest level for ground clearance but it limits your vision out the back window. If you put it in the lower level you’ll be able to see out the back window better.
I can’t wait to get it installed, I have a couple of long drives for some winter wheeling in December And rather not do it without a spare, especially with my wife and kids coming along.

OP
OP
NPE102414

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Any wobble or any stability issues with it mounted so high? I also had a question about the left side, does it use the four bolts, two top and two bottom because by the picture it only shows it uses one top and one bottom. Basically is it using 10 or 12 bolts on the tailgate? Mine will be here on Thursday so I’ll see if myself but I was just curious. One more observation/complaint is the spacers don’t seem to cover all the unpainted surfaces on the tailgate, or maybe it just looks that way on the pictures I’ve seen.

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Any wobble or any stability issues with it mounted so high? I also had a question about the left side, does it use the four bolts, two top and two bottom because by the picture it only shows it uses one top and one bottom. Basically is it using 10 or 12 bolts on the tailgate? Mine will be here on Thursday so I’ll see if myself but I was just curious. One more observation/complaint is the spacers don’t seem to cover all the unpainted surfaces on the tailgate, or maybe it just looks that way on the pictures I’ve seen.
It’s very secure, doesn’t move at all. It uses all of the bolts , just bad camera angle. And there is a small spot on each hinge that doesn’t get covered. The corners on the spacer is dog eared where the factory hinges were straight. It’s very small. The wife fixed us up with touch up paint and a small model paint brush.

2C54E850-6FA0-4FA3-B04A-A60B35360821.jpeg

OP
OP
NPE102414

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
It’s very secure, doesn’t move at all. It uses all of the bolts , just bad camera angle. And there is a small spot on each hinge that doesn’t get covered. The corners on the spacer is dog eared where the factory hinges were straight. It’s very small. The wife fixed us up with touch up paint and a small model paint brush.

2C54E850-6FA0-4FA3-B04A-A60B35360821.jpeg
They should have cut the spacers straight IMO. I ordered the TeraFlex camera set up I told you about for the camera and light. I think I’m gonna vinyl over the exposed portion with some Matt black vinyl or maybe pull out the old air brush and do a full spray and blend of that area, but thats a lot of work for such a small area. Did you use both shims?

OP
OP
NPE102414

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Yes, they recommend both shims in the bottom hinge if using 37” spare or bigger.
I run 35’s on the street and putting together a set of 37” Patagonia Mt’s on cheap steelies to run on the trails, so I’ll be running both.

Last edited:
OP
OP
NPE102414

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I run 35’s on the street and putting together a set of 37” Patagonia Mt’s on cheap steelies to run on the trails, so I’ll be running both.
I’ll probably end up using both as well, my 35’s weight 116.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former lifted XJ (2) owner soon to be JlUR pilot
Anyone care to post up some pics of a jlur on 37s with the synergy 2” lift?
Sponsored