Synergy rear track bar relocation bracket review

vinniechin

First Name
Vinnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Just a review of a product that made a big difference in wandering and squirrely handling in my Jeep.

First let me preface this by saying I am a newbie and read a lot on this forum and gotten a ton of help. So I wanted to contribute to something that made the biggest true difference for me and it can be inexpensive. I don’t know much and I am not a smart man.

This is likely my last owned vehicle so I wanted to care for it. It came with a Mopar Lift with 37s from the dealer. It is a JLUR with Mopar lift with part number AC. My install did not end up with bad caster (6.3). Drove fine but I never drove one without lift so I couldn’t compare. It wandered a bit like tramlining but it was fine.

After reading the forums I wanted to do preventative mods like the steering system to firm up and fix this wandering feeling although slight. I installed the yeti pro system for drag link and tie rod and the adjustable track bar. I also installed the sector shaft and steering brace from synergy. All great products and installed with relative ease. And based on forum chatter I installed Rancho geometry brackets. It made caster go to 6.7. Perches stayed and no bowing yet.

How did it drive after that? Well I am very sensitive to the drive. I am a former SCCA racer and national drag racing driver so I have a little experience in drive. The components made everything feel tighter and slightly firmer. Not the world changing experience some have had BUT I never had a problem initially. Guess lift install makes a difference or the 2020 steering box is better? Don’t know. There is an improvement but I did it for preventative maintenance because of 37s. Overall I am happy I did it but it wasn’t necessary yet. Oh I also put I the regular upgraded fox stabilizer.

Wondering if I should accept the wandering or tram lining feeling? Kept reading about Mopar deficiencies and the such I read a post about improving the roll center and that a rear relocation bracket serves better than a rear track bar I decided to try it. The selection and pricing is far and wide. Terraflex and skyjacker? has them cheaper from $50 to $200 from synergy and Evo. Rock Krawler has one for $100. I didn’t want the u bolt stuff and didn’t want to drill since I’m old and out of shape and have a broken back literally. I’m not mechanically inclined but know how to do it but just don’t have the hand skills. Synergy fit the bill and they do make great products and hVe the knowledge to back it up. I waited 4 Month for it. The post I read was from rock Krawler so a shout out to them but they used a u bolt so I couldn’t support the amazing company.

Install was easy but getting the bracket on required lifting the body a bit to be able to hammer bracket down. All the rest was fairly simple, with the hardest bolt being the bottom small one. If tools are ready it is a thirty minute install. I did it and I am not a smart man. Cannot stress that enough.

Test drive...immediately felt the difference. Immediately. Much less wandering and sway in the rear even going straight. Around the first turn there was probably 25 percent less body roll at lease and handled much better. Very impressed and I rarely post reviews for fear of backlash. But this really made a difference. Probably the most impactful over the steering and front mods. The Jeep drives so much better and it is more enjoyable and less twitchy and more comfortable. I think for prices they are and installation ease it is a must do for any lift from 2.5 inches and up. See the lift recommendations for each bracket. Some require higher lifts and this helped re center my rear axle as well. Now a 1/4 inch off. 5 stars here for quality, install and fitment.

The roll center fix made A huge change for me in handling feel. Try it. A cheap mod and benefits are huge.

After that I installed an adjustable rear track bar just to complete everything from Rancho because i just wanted to complete the system and it was the least expensive and I can say that was a nice upgrade too. jam nuts suck but it is a great bar for the price and easy install so I recommend that as well to round out that area.

So lifts without this mod, GET ONE.

sorry for the long post. I hope this helps someone.

Vinnie

Jeep Wrangler JL Synergy rear track bar relocation bracket review 2C03D78D-A7E6-4311-960E-496C3AB19317
Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I helped a buddy put one on Friday night and he said it drove a lot better on the street with it installed.

He has the Synergy stage 1 setup but with front and rear adjustable track bars as this bracket was not in stock anywhere for a long time.

Jeepjunkie

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I just did the same install Vinnie, and agree with everything you wrote. Pretty easy (tapped in on with a rubber mallet) and installed the bolts. The hardest part was finding a short 22mm socket for a 3/8” driver for that bottom bolt.

Much less squirming at speed.

You also need 2” of rear bumpstop for clearance!

OP
OP

vinniechin

First Name
Vinnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Thanks guys for the support. I definitely feel it’s a must have for any one with lift and especially those that feel any twitchy handling. The corner lean reduction is felt as well. Big improvements.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I just did the same install Vinnie, and agree with everything you wrote. Pretty easy (tapped in on with a rubber mallet) and installed the bolts. The hardest part was finding a short 22mm socket for a 3/8” driver for that bottom bolt.

We used a 22mm 1/4" drive shallow to get that lower bolt. Angle is tight.

Sponsored

OP
OP

vinniechin

First Name
Vinnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR

What’s the best way to learn and understand this bumpstop stuff. Sorry if it’s a stupid question but I would like to learn more.

Thanks in advance.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
What’s the best way to learn and understand this bumpstop stuff. Sorry if it’s a stupid question but I would like to learn more.

Thanks in advance.
Build some ramps or find some local ones at an Offroad park or shop to find clearance issues.

Or pull the springs and jack axles up and see what hits.

Then add bumpstop spacers so it can't hit.

OP
OP

vinniechin

First Name
Vinnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build some ramps or find some local ones at an Offroad park or shop to find clearance issues.

Or pull the springs and jack axles up and see what hits.

Then add bumpstop spacers so it can't hit.
Thank you for the tips

DOCXKT

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JEEP WRANGLER JL UNLIMITED SAHARA

Did you do this on the ground or on a lift? I can’t seem to tap it in place because the left spring catches it.

Sponsored

DOCXKT

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JEEP WRANGLER JL UNLIMITED SAHARA
I was wondering if I need the bump stops if I have the mopar lift kit installed. Doesn’t the lift kit come with bump stops?

SWVA JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Wrangler
Did you do this on the ground or on a lift? I can’t seem to tap it in place because the left spring catches it.
Did you ever get it past the left spring? If so, what did you do? I’m having the same trouble.
Sponsored