Status
Not open for further replies.

Hudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered the 2.0 Fox stuff - to keep the cost reasonable and because my intended used are more tame. It will be a while before I can install.

Cookie Monster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue JLURT
Vehicle Showcase
UPS delivered three good sized boxes yesterday. My 3 yr old son was upset when he saw I opened all of "his" boxes. All the parts appear to be accounted for. Started planning out my install. I still need to pick up some bigger jack stands. I am excited. I'll be the crazy guy running stock 33s on a 2" lift. I am still holding out for the quadratec 8.5" rubicon look-a-like rims. (No eta from them yet)

I went with the fox 2.0 shocks due to cost. I was kind of holding out for the synergy tuned shocks, but decided not to wait. This way I have a commodity shock that can be repaired/replaced faster/easier. Is it wrong that I love having a 3.5-4" lift shock due to travel?

Anyone else notice the price of the sector shaft brace went up in cost $50? I am glad I added one to my order before the price increase.

Sponsored

Hudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Take lots of pics - I’ll be following in your footsteps

Cookie Monster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue JLURT
Vehicle Showcase
I got my stage 1 install finished up today. I've been taking my time, a little here and there over the past week, so I really have no idea how long it took. I was not in a hurry since I am working from home.

First the before and after pics. The after is before driving it, so I expect it to settle a little. Below them a few tips I think might be useful. I have detailed pictures with a tape measure for height, I'll post comparisons in a couple days.

Before:
Jeep Wrangler JL Synergy MFG 2" Lift Starter System IMG_2394

After:
Jeep Wrangler JL Synergy MFG 2" Lift Starter System IMG_2447

A few tips I gathered along the way:

For me the rear sway bar links were touching the shock body at full droop. So extended them 6 turns until they were no longer touching.
Jeep Wrangler JL Synergy MFG 2" Lift Starter System IMG_2417

I found the box end of a 13mm wrench was perfect for unclipping the parking brake cable
Jeep Wrangler JL Synergy MFG 2" Lift Starter System IMG_2415

I struggled to get the bump stops clipped down. I found rotating my pry bar to where it had pressure from the spring helped. Then I tapped it with a hammer.
Jeep Wrangler JL Synergy MFG 2" Lift Starter System IMG_2425

I set my LCAs to 24 3/8". I think that resulted in about 6 degrees of caster. The steering is definitely heavier, I am having to get used to that. It does self center better and tracks nice and straight.
Jeep Wrangler JL Synergy MFG 2" Lift Starter System IMG_2460

No major issues were encountered. My wrenches only go up to 16mm, so I had to use a crescent wrench for 18mm, 21mm, 22mm and beyond. It would have been nice to have those wrenches. I did buy a giant 15" crescent for adjusting the track bars and the LCAs.

A pair of 6 ton jack stands was sufficient along with a floor jack. Luckily I chose amazon over harbor freight. I ended up doing the front one side at a time.

I did pull out the air impact for loosening the LCAs, it took about 100psi to loosen it up. After struggling to torque the rear UCAs, I decided to not loosen the front UCAs and it worked out fine. I was able to easily get the front springs installed.

The install was pretty straight forward. With the right tools, it can be done by yourself in your garage. Good luck!

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
I got my stage 1 install finished up today. I've been taking my time, a little here and there over the past week, so I really have no idea how long it took. I was not in a hurry since I am working from home.

First the before and after pics. The after is before driving it, so I expect it to settle a little. Below them a few tips I think might be useful. I have detailed pictures with a tape measure for height, I'll post comparisons in a couple days.

Before:

After:

For me the rear sway bar links were touching the shock body at full droop. So extended them 6 turns until they were no longer touching.

I found the box end of a 13mm wrench was perfect for unclipping the parking brake cable

I struggled to get the bump stops clipped down. I found rotating my pry bar to where it had pressure from the spring helped. Then I tapped it with a hammer.

I set my LCAs to 24 3/8". I think that resulted in about 6 degrees of caster. The steering is definitely heavier, I am having to get used to that. It does self center better and tracks nice and straight.

No major issues were encountered. My wrenches only go up to 16mm, so I had to use a crescent wrench for 18mm, 21mm, 22mm and beyond. It would have been nice to have those wrenches. I did buy a giant 15" crescent for adjusting the track bars and the LCAs.

A pair of 6 ton jack stands was sufficient along with a floor jack. Luckily I chose amazon over harbor freight. I ended up doing the front one side at a time.

I did pull out the air impact for loosening the LCAs, it took about 100psi to loosen it up. After struggling to torque the rear UCAs, I decided to not loosen the front UCAs and it worked out fine. I was able to easily get the front springs installed.

The install was pretty straight forward. With the right tools, it can be done by yourself in your garage. Good luck!
Ever since I started to wrench on Jeep, I get a weird collection of sockets, open wrenches, and crowfoot attachments, since most Jeep stuffs are metric but a lot of aftermarket stuffs are SAEs. I think I now have them covered all the way up to 2" and 46 mm.

The front upper control arms only have one bushing end and the other end is fixed, so it is not a big deal at all to not loose them. Especially 2" lift is such a small change they will not throw off your pinion angle.

Hudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
I got my stage 1 install finished up today.

Thanks for this. A few questions:

1. Did you use a rear track bar relocation bracket or the adjustable track bar?

2. Dod you have to cut or drill for the rear relocation brackets? I’ve seen videos where this was the case.

3. Did you use the OEM rear links for the front or did you upgrade the front links?

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology

Before:

After:

If you get a chance I'd loosen the front UCA bolts while jeep on ground and re-torque them. The factory arms do not use free floating bushings but vulcanized rubber and they will tear if over rotated. The loosening is not to get more droop but to release the bushing.

Sponsored

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
If you get a chance I'd loosen the front UCA bolts while jeep on ground and re-torque them. The factory arms do not use free floating bushings but vulcanized rubber and they will tear if over rotated. The loosening is not to get more droop but to release the bushing.
I was going to suggest doing this also. The uppers are not near as tight as the lowers which also means they are not as hard to get back to the proper torque.

Cookie Monster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue JLURT
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for this. A few questions:

1. Did you use a rear track bar relocation bracket or the adjustable track bar?

2. Dod you have to cut or drill for the rear relocation brackets? I’ve seen videos where this was the case.

3. Did you use the OEM rear links for the front or did you upgrade the front links?
1. The rear track bar bracket was back ordered 5 weeks, So they gave me an adjustable rear track bar instead. I may try and add the bracket later to level out the bar.

2. Since I used an adj bar, there was no cutting/drilling.

3. I used the stock rear links up front with the included front sway brackets. The left side bracket went in super easy. The right bracket was super tight and required liberal use of a hammer to get it in place. I was really worried it wasn't going down far enough until I realized the bolt is a smaller diameter than the hole. So I didn't have to get it perfectly lined up.
Jeep Wrangler JL Synergy MFG 2" Lift Starter System IMG_2444

Thanks for the tip. I'll loosen and tighten later today.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I was going to suggest doing this also. The uppers are not near as tight as the lowers which also means they are not as hard to get back to the proper torque.
Yes, and the upper frame side uses captive nuts so easy, and the axle side has quite a bit of clearance to get to.

Cookie Monster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue JLURT
Vehicle Showcase
What offset is everyone aiming for with this 2" lift? So many threads on the forum push 4.5" backspacing, and even some manufacturers have it on their websites. The table from Synergy seems to imply closer to stock is better (see below). AEV made JL specific rims with higher backspacing (~5.7). Which is "better", 4.5-4.75" or 5.25-5.75"?

The goal is to run 37s (likely KM3s or STT Pros) with untrimmed rubicon fenders. I am wanting to minimize the bump stop spacing and keep as much up travel as possible without rubbing.

Thanks!

Jeep Wrangler JL Synergy MFG 2" Lift Starter System Screen Shot 2020-05-24 at 9.49.14 PM
d

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
What offset is everyone aiming for with this 2" lift? So many threads on the forum push 4.5" backspacing, and even some manufacturers have it on their websites. The table from Synergy seems to imply closer to stock is better (see below). AEV made JL specific rims with higher backspacing (~5.7). Which is "better", 4.5-4.75" or 5.25-5.75"?

The goal is to run 37s (likely KM3s or STT Pros) with untrimmed rubicon fenders. I am wanting to minimize the bump stop spacing and keep as much up travel as possible without rubbing.

Thanks!

Jeep Wrangler JL Synergy MFG 2" Lift Starter System Screen Shot 2020-05-24 at 9.49.14 PM
d
It's a tough compromise....

1) You want the tires tucked into the fenders to get more up-travel which means factory (or close) backspacing.

2) You may have sidewall to sway-bar/shock clearance issues with factory backspacing, particularly with fat tires on the factory rims.

Seems both have compromises.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.