Not open for further replies.

Springerchaser

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
Had the Synergy 2 inch stage one installed. Shop first put the springs on the wrong side but caught it before they put it on the alignment rack.
I think it the perfect lift for a Rubicon and you want 35’s. It lifts exactly 2 inches so not too much gap like Mopar and some others. Drives better than stock.
Sponsored

Hudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
What did the shop charge?

Cookie Monster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue JLURT
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered my stage 1 kit with fox 2.0 shocks from poly performance. I was able to get a discount using the chat feature, and had them add on the sector shaft brace. Cameron was great to work with. The rear track bar bracket was back-ordered 5 weeks from synergy, so I swapped it for the adjustable rear track bar.

I'll be attempting the install myself. I did several suspension swaps on my subaru back in the day, so I hope it isn't too different.

Sponsored

Hudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
880 including installing rear track bar, shocks and Fox Steering stabilizer. Well worth it.
so maybe an 8 hr job. Did they include an alignment for that price?

I see the benefit of having a shop install, especially the steering kit. I’m thinking however I might try this one myself with the help of a mechanic pal.

OP
OP
AllJumpStyle

AllJumpStyle

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
@AllJumpStyle any eta on the long arm set up yet?
No eta currently. We're pretty backlogged at the moment due to Covid-19 and most of the staff working remotely if possible. Not quite sure when things will open back up and we can get back to full capacity. Right now, we are just trying to fill backorders.

Springerchaser

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
so maybe an 8 hr job. Did they include an alignment for that price?

I see the benefit of having a shop install, especially the steering kit. I’m thinking however I might try this one myself with the help of a mechanic pal.
I believe they charged an extra 89 bucks for alignment. They have the caster at 5.7. It seems low so would like to hear from others what the have for caster.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I believe they charged an extra 89 bucks for alignment. They have the caster at 5.7. It seems low so would like to hear from others what the have for caster.
That sounds about right for a 2 “ lift. If it wanders on the highway or you want a heavier feeling steering wheel you can increase it a little, but since you mentioned it drives better than stock, I’d leave it be. I’m on 3.5” lift and running 6.3 ish .

Hudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
So most of my Synergy parts have shown up with a few still trickling in and I am starting to plan for the install. As a reminder, my install includes:

• Stage 1 kit, plus I added the adj rear track bar and front sway bar links
  • Fox 2.0 shocks
  • Sector shaft brace
  • HD Steering kit and Fox stabilizer and stabilizer relocation bracket
What makes the most sense in order of installation?

Thinking to start with the rear first, and complete coils, rear track bar and relocation brackets, and sway bar links and extensions and shocks.

Then, for the front, I would follow the install steps but because the coil springs are a bit in the way, I am thinking I should do the sector shaft brace after I remove the OEM coils but before. Install the replacement coils. Then finish per the instructions.

Lastly, I would tackle the steering kit - drag links and tie rod and stabilizer and relocation bracket. Then when complete, head to a shop to have an alignment.

Does anyone suggest a different order of install? I am not installing any LCA or UCA except for the front UCA included in the Stage 1 kit.

Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
So most of my Synergy parts have shown up with a few still trickling in and I am starting to plan for the install. As a reminder, my install includes:

• Fox 2.0 shocks
  • Sector shaft brace

Thinking to start with the rear first, and complete coils, rear track bar and relocation brackets, and sway bar links and extensions and shocks.

Then, for the front, I would follow the install steps but because the coil springs are a bit in the way, I am thinking I should do the sector shaft brace after I remove the OEM coils but before. Install the replacement coils. Then finish per the instructions.

Lastly, I would tackle the steering kit - drag links and tie rod and stabilizer and relocation bracket. Then when complete, head to a shop to have an alignment.

Does anyone suggest a different order of install? I am not installing any LCA or UCA except for the front UCA included in the Stage 1 kit.
You really don't need an alignment. All you need is two long straight bars and can do toe easily. Caster the same, easy off a flat surface.

I'd get it set to where you think it's right and if paranoid drive it in for an alignment check.

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR

• Fox 2.0 shocks
  • Sector shaft brace

no particular order, but what you have planned makes sense.

However I personally would do adjustable lower control arms while you have it torn apart and have to loosen the bolts anyway. Rubicons come low on caster as it is and with this lift you will be decreasing it even more.

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
Had the Synergy 2 inch stage one installed. Shop first put the springs on the wrong side but caught it before they put it on the alignment rack.
I think it the perfect lift for a Rubicon and you want 35’s. It lifts exactly 2 inches so not too much gap like Mopar and some others. Drives better than stock.
Did you notice any rake if you have heavy equipment in the front? Synergy mentioned they will retain the factory rake.

SRQgunner

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimted Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Our Starter System is based around relocated stock shocks or stock length shocks. We are planning on offering some tuned shock options but they must be used with our Stage 1 and higher systems (specifically requiring the axles to be centered with adjustable track bars or track bar relocation brackets to prevent any interference issues). The Starter System is easily upgradable to the Stage 1 or higher systems, so you can start with this system and add to it as you and your Jeep progress.
What are some shock recommendations for the Synergy Jeep JL / JLU 2 Inch Lift Stage 1 Suspension System
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.