Not open for further replies.

Jgeiken

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
So what about adding just the front UCA to the Stage 1 kit? Problem solved?
I have the actual stage 1 kit (with LCA) and don’t have an issue (it’s close but no contact). Upper control arms can’t hurt, but the LCA will do the trick also and are a better option overall IMO.
Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
So what about adding just the front UCA to the Stage 1 kit? Problem solved?
Sure, you could do this and then adjust accordingly to get the caster you seek.

But try to shift that lower track-bar bushing as it worked for me to get some clearance and stop the clunk.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I have the actual stage 1 kit (with LCA) and don’t have an issue (it’s close but no contact). Upper control arms can’t hurt, but the LCA will do the trick also and are a better option overall IMO.
Not a better option if the track bar hits your axle clunking down the road.

What length did you set your lowers and have you checked the caster?

Also can you take some pictures of the track bar to axle side?

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Looks like something new from Synergy is on the way that would solve this issue....

8859-01-D5-1200.jpg

Brian0128

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2018 Toyota TRD PRO
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like something new from Synergy is on the way that would solve this issue....

8859-01-D5-1200.jpg
I'm curious how much bump stop you will need to run that front track bar relocation mount. Looks beefy.

Sponsored

Hudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Yep the disconnect will still work and you will move the rear links to the front.

I went with track bars both front and back. I still don’t understand why, but the actual rear track bar is only about $20 more than the relocation bracket from synergy so I just got both track bars now.
The Stage 1 kit arrived today, and I had reached out to Poly Perf (the dealer I purchased from) to discuss adding the rear adj. track bar in place of the rear relocation track bar bracket. I haven't yet heard back from Poly. I wanted to know if I still needed the rear relocation bracket if I was using Synergy's rear adj. track bar.

I'm looking at the install instructions for the Synergy rear adj. track bar and saw this note at the end:

Synergy MFG 8856-01 Rear Track Bar Relocation Bracket recommended for lifts 2 inches and taller and requires a minimum 2 inches of bump stop spacing.​

So it seems that Synergy recommends the use of their rear relocation bracket if using their adj, track bar. I think I will try the stock Rubicon track bar with the Synergy relocation bracket first.

Jgeiken

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
The Stage 1 kit arrived today, and I had reached out to Poly Perf (the dealer I purchased from) to discuss adding the rear adj. track bar in place of the rear relocation track bar bracket. I haven't yet heard back from Poly. I wanted to know if I still needed the rear relocation bracket if I was using Synergy's rear adj. track bar.

I'm looking at the install instructions for the Synergy rear adj. track bar and saw this note at the end:

Synergy MFG 8856-01 Rear Track Bar Relocation Bracket recommended for lifts 2 inches and taller and requires a minimum 2 inches of bump stop spacing.​

So it seems that Synergy recommends the use of their rear relocation bracket if using their adj, track bar. I think I will try the stock Rubicon track bar with the Synergy relocation bracket first.
The relocation bracket isn’t needed if you are running their adjustable track bar but the bracket will center the axle with the stock track bar. I’m running the rear track bar without an issue.

When you do the front track bar stock just grab one in either hand and it is pretty self explanatory why the actual track bar is benificial.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Hudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
The relocation bracket isn’t needed if you are running their adjustable track bar but the bracket will center the axle with the stock track bar. I’m running the rear track bar without an issue.

When you do the front track bar stock just grab one in either hand and it is pretty self explanatory why the actual track bar is benificial.
I am tempted to use the rear relocation brackets to keep the axle centered, and then upgrade the track bar if or when. I saw Synergy’s feedback in this thread:

“Also, generally speaking heights of the suspension roll center should be close front to back to try and equalize the amount the front and rear suspension are working. This means that if you are running a front trackbar relocation bracket and drag link flip kit its probably a good idea to make sure a rear trackbar relocation bracket as well so that the front and rear suspension roll center heights are staying close.”​

I am eying the steering kit, which is pricey - $850 with the current discount and using their stabilizer relocation bracket and a Fox stabilizer shock. Not sure whether I truly need it, as I don’t have any wobble, though the steering is a bit flighty. I did get the sector shaft brace which per this thread seems to be the more impactful upgrade for slightly loose steering.

Last edited:

Hudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
I am tempted to use the rear relocation brackets to keep the axle centered, and then upgrade the track bar if or when. I saw Synergy’s feedback in this thread:

“Also, generally speaking heights of the suspension roll center should be close front to back to try and equalize the amount the front and rear suspension are working. This means that if you are running a front trackbar relocation bracket and drag link flip kit its probably a good idea to make sure a rear trackbar relocation bracket as well so that the front and rear suspension roll center heights are staying close.”​

I am eying the steering kit, which is pricey - $850 with the current discount and using their stabilizer relocation bracket and a Fox stabilizer shock. Not sure whether I truly need it, as I don’t have any wobble, though the steering is a bit flighty. I did get the sector shaft brace which per this thread seems to be the more impactful upgrade for slightly loose steering.
Answering my own question for anyone with the same question:

Looks like there is a benefit in adding the rear track bar relocation brackets with the adj track bar. Here's the thread.

From Synergy:

We've found track bar relocation brackets make a pretty significant improvement in drivability even at 2" of lift, especially in the rear.​

From Rock Krawler:

A rear track bar bracket that raises the mounting point on the axle improves roll center and reduces the amount of lateral movement in the rear axle throughout the suspension cycle. That translates to less left/right movement of the rear of the jeep when hitting bumps, and better ride quality.
Caveat from Synergy:

Relocating the rear track bar requires you to also have the required amount of additional bump stop spacing to prevent any interference issues. You wouldn't do this on a stock vehicle, only one that is lifted and already requiring the additional bump stop spacing.​

Synergy recommends using 2" of bump stop spacing, easy to do with the Stage 1 included bump stop kit.

Hudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Follow up - I decided to add the HD steering kit, rear adj track bar, Fox steering stabilizer and relocation bracket, and front sway bar links. I had read where sometimes, when lifting the jeep without using upgraded links, the electronic disconnect over rotates and then you have to jack the jeep up to reposition the sway bar, so adding the links enables you to quickly disconnect them manually if needed. Overkill perhaps but these aren't super pricey.

The steering kit was something I was going to wait on, but their current discounts coupled with the desire to only do this once, made the decision easier. The rear adj track bar was just because I saved enough to easily cover it. Scott @ Synergy said that he would generally recommend keeping the relocation brackets and stock rear track bar, and upgrading if you felt the need, or when the stock tie rods became worn.

So I have some time till when everything finally arrives. I'll install and play around, and then the only thing I would consider adding at a later stage is the front upper control arms, and maybe the rear upper and lower control arms. Scott @ Synergy explained that these will increase ride quality and enable me to dial in suspension settings - but they don't come cheap so I am stopping for now. Will update once I've had the chance to install and play around.

The lower control arms arrived yesterday, and I have to say, looking at these, the sway bar links, and the front track bar - I am mightily impressed with the build quality. Will be overkill for my setup perhaps. I had eyed Metal Cloak, Rock Krawler, and Teraflex, which also looked well made, but all of them lifted the JL at least 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch higher than I wanted.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.