Sponsored

Synergy JLU 1" Springs w/Fox IFP Shocks?

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Did you also install bump stop spacers? AFAIK synergy recommends 2in spacers with their 1in springs. If not, what do the springs look like when fully compressed?
If you see the pics, I installed the Teraflex 2” “longer” bump stops.

Here is it again.

D993148E-8503-411E-ACE0-B5777DB41CE1.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Wraith

Wraith

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho JLUR - AEV Build

Here is it again.

Jeep Wrangler JL Synergy JLU 1" Springs w/Fox IFP Shocks? D993148E-8503-411E-ACE0-B5777DB41CE1
I did the same with the same bumpstops on mine. I also have the adjustable ones waiting should I need them for the 37s.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
So if you run stock shocks, do you need the bump stops for a 1” lift or a 2” lift outside of needing shock relocation brackets for the latter? I also don’t think I’ll rub fenders much, if any, with 34.5” tires and Rubicon fenders.

I’ll order those Teraflex if needed but I thought it was mostly to keep from bottoming out longer than stock shocks?

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0

Here is it again.

D993148E-8503-411E-ACE0-B5777DB41CE1.jpeg
I thought teraflex’s bump stops were like metalcloaks longer ones in the sense that under compression they compress to a stock length. Now im curious to see them compressed. Now i’m curious, by chance do you have photos of them in action?

Last edited:

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
I thought teraflex’s bump stops were like metalcloaks longer ones in the sense that under compression they compress to a stock length. Now im curious to see them compressed. Now i’m curious, by chance do you have photos of them in action?
According to Teraflex, these bump stops are 1.5” longer than stock at full compression, that’s why they pair these with their 1.5” spacer lift without the need for bump stop shim pads.

https://teraflex.com/shop_items/jlu-4-door-sport-s-t1-suspension-system-1-5-lift-no-shocks?vehicle=JLU Wrangler Unlimited

Since I went with the 1” synergy spring, I thought I could run these without issues with just the bump stop. Sorry no pictures.

Sponsored

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
According to Teraflex, these bump stops are 1.5” longer than stock at full compression, that’s why they pair these with their 1.5” spacer lift without the need for bump stop shim pads.

https://teraflex.com/shop_items/jlu-4-door-sport-s-t1-suspension-system-1-5-lift-no-shocks?vehicle=JLU Wrangler Unlimited

Since I went with the 1” synergy spring, I thought I could run these without issues with just the bump stop. Sorry no pictures.
Thanks for the info! But also damn you cause now I’m back to the point where I thought I was set on a suspension setup but now you’ve added some layers to my thought process.

AU_JLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
After trying 3 different shocks with my synergy 1k ch springs and finding them all rough. I unbolted the rear shocks and pushed on the rear end. I found I needed hardly any force for move the suspension. Confirmed the stiffness issues I was having was all down to poor shock choice. I ordered some fox 2.0 shocks and I’m hoping they will make all the difference. Side note has any one fully compressed the 1inch springs to find out if your really need 2inch of bump stops spacing?

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
After trying 3 different shocks with my synergy 1k ch springs and finding them all rough. I unbolted the rear shocks and pushed on the rear end. I found I needed hardly any force for move the suspension. Confirmed the stiffness issues I was having was all down to poor shock choice. I ordered some fox 2.0 shocks and I’m hoping they will make all the difference. Side note has any one fully compressed the 1inch springs to find out if your really need 2inch of bump stops spacing?
which shocks?

OP
OP
Wraith

Wraith

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the Fox IFP in my mine and they ride pretty good overall. I do plan to upgrade to the Fox Factory ones eventually. The 2" bump stops are definitely a good idea but measuring properly for your tire/wheel setup would be best.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Wraith

Wraith

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here is mine currently on 37s

Jeep Wrangler JL Synergy JLU 1" Springs w/Fox IFP Shocks? IMG_20210626_212943_053

OP
OP
Wraith

Wraith

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks great. Is that with 1inch springs and spacers ?
Just the Synergy springs at this point with bump stops, and other supporting goodies. I'm going to add extra spacers for a bit more clearance and measure for bump stops again soon.